New colour scheme is awful on the eyes and makes matching harder

edwar368
edwar368 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
So let me start by saying this is a great game.  According to Steam I have racked up 4,100 hours over many years playing this.  I have no issues particularly with the new style and animations of the Gameboard, but the Colours used are unbelievably bad.  They are duller than previously and combine this with the attempt to be "trendy" and make the shadowed and 3D makes it hard on the eyes and a lot harder to quickly scan and match.   Every person in my alliance has comment on how poor this is.  Please do something about the colours
Tagged:

Comments

• ObiWanPEZ
    ObiWanPEZ Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Blue and Green are almost impossible to distinguish in low-light / glare, since their colors AND shapes are so similar.
  • Leela_27
    Leela_27 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    This latest "improvement on the game board is not helpful, and the colors are ugly. Purple tiles look like pepto bismol pink.  The green is too yellow and clashes with the other cooler colors.  The eye strain issue isn't really addressed. I keep thinking the overhaul was an answer to a question that hadn't been asked.  I wish you'd put things back to the way they were and put your efforts towards game content instead of the UI changes and over eager introduction of new characters.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    I posted in another thread, but the new color changes (let's call them Board 2.0 update 1, or 2.0.1) are VASTLY better for my very specific type of colorblindness.  They aren't really much better on their own, but they are much brighter, which helps when I turn on the "color correction" options on my phone for my type of colorblindness.  In the first iteration of the new board, even with color-correction on, I had a lot of problems with blue/purple and red/black, especially when they got special tiles on them which obscured the shapes.  With the new release (And color-correction turned on to Deuteranopia), they are much easier to tell apart.

Now if only they could do something about the $#%#$^ing screen dimming.
  • ObiWanPEZ
    If any mods are looking, thank you for the Blue/Green change.
    Can you also please do something about the Red/Pink tiles? They are also now extremely close. Making red darker and bolder would help.
  • ObiWanPEZ
    It may also be worth noting that some of my original problem stemmed from the fact that the nearly-the-same colors also had nearly-the-same shapes.
    Had blue been a triangle and green been a rectangle, and red been a triangle and pink been a rectangle, many of these problems could have been avoided.
    Yes, I know that green is supposed to be a square, but when the rectangles are not exaggerated, it’s hard to tell.