Heroic Recruit X10 Token?

Alex502
Alex502 Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
So I've played this for years, and have always thought that when you accumulate enough tokens, you should be able to turn them in as a higher value token, ie: I have 10 Heroic tokens, thus should be able to click the 10x button to spend those, and get the higher draw rate.

My point: I swear that I've had one of those 10x tokens before. How, and why, did I have it before, and they are not available now? And why can't we just earn them? This seems like a serious door stopper. If I hoard, I should be able to turn them in for a 40x at some point!!

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree. You can get the 10x from the season PvP progress rewards at 4000pts, so that is where you got it before. There are some for placement rewards, but those are unobtainable for casual players
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    10x and 40x gives better 4* odds, more shards and higher bonus shard rate. Also, 40x gives 1 LT. I can easily accumulate 40x from LR biweekly. And Whales and top tier players could do it even faster. 

If you played long enough, Heroic 10x pack is given as one of your daily shield resupplies.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,518 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's not a bad idea, but I doubt they'd do it precisely because the packs offer the potential for better rewards. However, on that note, I wish there was an option to open all of them at once and have the covers go straight to claimed. I have a nice hoard of heroics built up for when a new 4* really interests me and I'm not looking forward to how long it's going to take to click click click through them all.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd like a button that opens *all* of your stored tokens in one shot: heroic, vault, legendary, whatever.  I would actually press it multiple times a day and it'd save a ton of time wasted scrolling through all the stores.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,106 Chairperson of the Boards
    In SCL10, they give you 10 individual Mighty tokens at 4000 points because they don't have the 10-pack for those.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    In SCL10, they give you 10 individual Mighty tokens at 4000 points because they don't have the 10-pack for those.
    But Mighty tokens have an 'open all' so it is not a big deal.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards

???
    They have an open 1 or open 50 option. There is no open all option.
    KGB
  • Wil88
    Wil88 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    KGB said:

???
    They have an open 1 or open 50 option. There is no open all option.
    KGB
    If you have less than 50 tokens there is an open all button. 
  • Sekilicious
    Funny. I can’t imagine having had more than 50 tokens for so long you forget what it’s like with less. 
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 965 Critical Contributor
    Funny. I can’t imagine having had more than 50 tokens for so long you forget what it’s like with less. 
    That hoard life is real.  Especially when there are really good 4*s being released.  I know a lot of people hoarded all their heroics for the entire season waiting to favorite Dark Beast and I'd imagine a lot are doing the same waiting for Morbius to be able to be favorited.  
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    revskip said:
    That hoard life is real.  Especially when there are really good 4*s being released.  I know a lot of people hoarded all their heroics for the entire season waiting to favorite Dark Beast and I'd imagine a lot are doing the same waiting for Morbius to be able to be favorited.  
    Count me in that group, with the covers and shards earned when they are introduced it pretty much guarantees I can champ every new 4* once they are shargetable. Currently I have 216 Mighty tokens (plus another 18 from other random tokens) hoarded waiting for Morbius, need 254 to be able to have enough pulls to get enough shards to champ him.
  • KGB
    Me too. I have thousands of Elites and Heroic tokens ready to go but only 60 Mighty (I tend to open those semi-regularly).
    I'll open quite a few in bunches of 50 to get Morbius (I've already champed Beast).
    KGB
  • Sekilicious
    I imagine I will be there someday. As it stands I still need Juggernaut, Karnak, America, and maybe Sabertooth champed before I think of these kinds of hoarding shenanigans. 
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Maybe that happens once you go ISO positive.  Aside from Legendary, I open every one as soon as I get them.  I just need the resources that bad.  

Slowly beginning to put a dent in that tho.  The one thing I end up swimming in is hero points.  I hover around 50,000.  That happened when I started turning over my 3 star farm.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    I imagine I will be there someday. As it stands I still need Juggernaut, Karnak, America, and maybe Sabertooth champed before I think of these kinds of hoarding shenanigans. 
    That's exactly why you should hoard at least vault tokens. Save them up until one of those 4 show up in the vault and then you'll have a better shot of pulling a cover you really care about.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    helix72 said:
    That's exactly why you should hoard at least vault tokens. Save them up until one of those 4 show up in the vault and then you'll have a better shot of pulling a cover you really care about.
    That's what I do for the Spicy vault. I was hoarding my tokens in the off chance that Morbius showed up early on once he was in tokens but then I saw a Polaris cover in there so I had to snag it. Took 39 freaking tokens to pull it. Bleh.
  • Sekilicious
    helix72 said:
    Yeah that is good advice. I have been hoarding all three taco vaults. I figure hoarding the other vaults just means I will never pull, since I will have the characters I’m targeting champed by the time the come back available. When I have numerous 4* champed and am champing the new ones as they come out I will reconsider hoarding tokens.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    KGB said:
    Me too. I have thousands of Elites and Heroic tokens ready to go but only 60 Mighty (I tend to open those semi-regularly).
    I'll open quite a few in bunches of 50 to get Morbius (I've already champed Beast).
    KGB
    Why hoard Elites? I don't understand.

I do understand something that gives a 4 star (and bonus 4 star shards). But 3s are pretty interchangeable and you are starving your farm by not opening them.
  • KGB
    KGB said:
    KGB
    Why hoard Elites? I don't understand.

I do understand something that gives a 4 star (and bonus 4 star shards). But 3s are pretty interchangeable and you are starving your farm by not opening them.

Habit I guess since I'm hoarding LTs and Heroics.
    There is no real rush to turn over the 3* farm. Usually I open Elites in batches of 1000ish since that does 1 complete flip of my 2* farm and gives plenty of covers to my 3*s too. Right now a huge chunk of my 3* dups are about to flip at 266 and after I get a few covers for them I'll open 1500ish Elites so I can quickly get them all champed (rather than have a bunch waiting for 1 missing cover to champ if I get bad builds.
    KGB
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,518 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have found 3's to be largely useless in both PvP and PvE with the current meta. That's why I don't bother hoarding Elites. In PvP, the loaner is just as good as the max-champ for as long as they last against Hulkoye, and I don't have to use a health pack on the loaner.