***** Scarlet Witch (WandaVision) *****

Comments

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not sure if anyone has answered this, and so i apologize if so...

Damage boosts dont stack, right?  Like Apoc and Okoye... No stack-y.  :)

However, SW has ...two?  Her passive one, based on AP in a chosen color, and then her active blue one, based on a countdown being out there.

Do those stack?  Generally these things dont, but i dont think we've ever got TWO from one character before.
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    Both of her power increases are % based so they not only stack with each other but also with either apoc or okoye, but apoc and okoye still do not stack with each other.
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    Just like how sighclops match damage boost stacks with colossus match damage boost as they are both %s
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spider-Man 2099's Spider Bite tile + Wakanda Forever feels like maybe the closest interaction we have to go off of, and that one is difficult to parse what's really going on. Spider-Bite does add the 75% damage to a match, but when you get one of those other power boosters involved it can feel a bit difficult to tell what's going on. I can say it's not adding 75% to the boosted total, but it's possible it's adding it to the base attack damage before those other powers get added to the top of it.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I scooped all of these from Reddit, which they got it from the dev:

Boosting

(Base damage + % bonus) + Flat bonus + Strike tiles

Flat bonus is like your Okoye and Apocalypse. That explains why they don't stack.

Here's a fun fact:

During testing, Mystical Feedback's reduction went up to 100%. In the end, it was nerfed to the 80% that we have now.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited April 2021
    That’s great order of operations intel.

im already seeing boosted Wanda in PVP, and she is rough at those levels. That player had a 500+ Apocalypse with her which made the stun game a challenge. I tried Doom/Yellowjacket to try to hide behind invis but apocalypse got me with his black after I chipped Wanda down eventually. She had about 110k health
  • HoundofShadow
    edited April 2021
     I saw two Wanda (510 and 540): one with 455 Colossus and the other with 470 Apocalypse. I queued the second one because it was still worth over 70 points even though I'm hitting over 900. I was planning to use +4 blue ap with BRB/Polaris. Unfortunately, all those retals overrode my queue.  :persevere:

540 Wanda had 119840 HP.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now that is a fish hard to swallow. With 120k health and being unable to cascade her almost all the battle she is extremely dangerous. 
    Something says me morbius or colossus will gain extra popularity on future months. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I was trying Iceman but couldn’t keep blue on the board to manage the stun.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Switch is at 1/1/2. I dig her a LOT as a character stifles hits and hits back. I don’t like her with Okoye. Her purple takes up TUPs. 

Been running her with Apoc and BRB. Turn the TUPs blue or yellow. I prefer blue to put shields up. Not sure how much it adds to CotW, damage wise. But vs Hulkoye, with enough shields you’re taking -1 damage before the AOE goes off and you don’t even need Kitty. 

Then you have Apoc pumping up her repeater and BRBs powers. The team has a great balance between offensive firepower and damage stunting. 
  • Bad
    On her pvp I found it crazy how many hulkoyes lv 500 I could beat wasting perhaps 1 healthpack, being just 1/1/1.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    If Wanda, BRB, and Apoc are the new meta it will be interesting to see what the mirror match is like since neither stuns and both will add multiple charges to 5witches repeater with their nukes. 
  • HoundofShadow
    BRB and Polaris will easily take care of them in pick-3. You can throw in anyone as a third: 4* Beast could be good.

Thor/Iceman/Okoye could deal with them as well. 

The main challenge is pick 2. 

I have seen only these pairings in pvp:

Wanda/Colossus
    Wanda/Apocalypse

I have not seen any BRB/Wanda nor Wanda Okoye yet.

• Bad
    I saw wanda lv 500 and Ihulk 460 taking advantage of wanda buff.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Srheer0 said:
    I had an enemy Polaris cascade 5witches repeater away, then proceeded to cascade my team to death. One move, three deaths, two health packs, lol. Cascades may be mitigated somewhat, but rng always wins in the end. 

Yes. I was against a team that had either Pr5fX, Onslaught or both and... let's say the computer managed to get no less than SEVEN match 5s in a single turn off of a cascade.  Literally in the top left of the board, the new tiles fell to make a match 5 blue in the shape of a right angle. ALL THE NEW TILES. It was only shield sim, but I will never forget that "rng".  

Would a spiderverse team be able to potentially counter Wanda? If the board has enough web tiles then her repeater shouldn't re-appear if destroyed or matched away?
    I tried spamming the field with webs, but they were too slow. Despite how poorly Polaris matches up against 5Witch, Polaris/Carbage was able to spam the field fast enough to prevent her repeater from re-appearing. It did, however, require me to stun her at least once in order to succeed. At 1/1/1, it's possible. Against a baby champed 5Witch, I don't think it will be as successful.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    https://d3go.com/monica-rambeau-wandavision-marvel-puzzle-quest-new-character/?fbclid=IwAR2a8eLlioyb6Ah49y6wyQXu0u6WLRsCdUvbVvJ3LRN_1h7wUzrejpJYuf0

This was just shared by the MPQ facebook page.  Next 4 star is Wanda Visions version of Monic Rambeau.  Hopefully she will be a feeder for Wanda, they're from the same show and both use repeaters, would make perfect sense.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    So have we identified a workable counter yet? I don’t feel like I have one identified but I’m considering Morbius/Carbage
  • Bad
    So have we identified a workable counter yet? I don’t feel like I have one identified but I’m considering Morbius/Carbage
    Morbius and carnage5 are not compatible on play, as morbius will delete the enemy tiles carnage needs so much for his extra move. 
    Carnage 4 however has no problem.
  • HoundofShadow
    These are the teams I seen in Pick 2 pvps with Wanda so far:

Apocalypse
    Colossus
    Okoye
    Cyclops
    IHulk

I used BRB/Polaris to beat some of them.

However, it depends on your criteria of what 'workable' means. You can use:

1) stun team (BRB/Polaris)

2) removal of her special tiles, followed by heavy damage to down her on the same turn, like Colossus and Apocalypse. (I will be taking this team for a ride against Wanda in pick 2 once I get Colossus champed.)

3) play defensively and do chip damage (BRB/Kitty)

I think Ghostpool could work since you will be taking damage from her Mystical Feedback every turn. Use his Penance Fare to down her, but you need someone who can tank and true heal her damage. On top that, he can stun with his red.