Chained offer ?

Options
BlixTheFrog
BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
Someone has any idea what this is ? I guess if you get the first pack, another appears, but do we know what’s in it ?

Comments

• abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Someone has any idea what this is ? I guess if you get the first pack, another appears, but do we know what’s in it ?

I'm not sure what you are talking about?  What's a chained offer?
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I just noticed them as well.
    They are offers that when you buy one then another one unlocks. It would be like Deal 1 of 3 or something along those lines.
  • BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Found the answer on FB : packs 2 and 3 are more of the same, in bigger quantities and more expensive. Really not interesting.
  • Wil88
    Wil88 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Seems pretty expensive for what you get. 
  • FesterTester
    FesterTester Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Back when the Shield Level bundles were first introduced, they used this gimmick.
    (These are the bundles named like "Shield Lv4 pack" containing covers, tokens, hero points, and such.  Despite the name, these bundles do not directly affect your Shield rank/level)

As I recall, the "Shield Lv4" pack was the first one offered for a few days, and if you purchased it in that time, you were then offered the "Shield Lv5" pack for a few days.  Buy that while it was available, and you were offered the "Shield Lv6" pack for a few days.  This went up to, I believe, level 9, and a level 10 pack was created later.  The bundles got more expensive and offered higher-tier characters and resources as you progressed along the chain.

The only way to see what was in the next bundle was to purchase the one currently on offer, so most players found out what was in the later bundles via the whales who purchase everything, who then told everyone else what was in the later bundles.

Eventually the developers broke the chain and started periodically re-offering individual Shield Level bundles to players who had not already purchased them, without requiring the purchase of earlier bundles.

Personally I think chaining offers is bad for both the players and the developers, but I've rambled on enough.  Maybe I'll explain if someone really wants to know.

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Even though i dont puchase these, i wanna throw in my experience...

I NEVER bought a bundle (or shield lvl pack)... Yet i get offered lvl 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, etc...  On rotation... All the time.

Its like they want me to accidentally click and buy it at somepoint.

But these chained offers?  I have it now too, and i wouldnt be surprised at the idea of it offering the next one only after buying the first one
  • Haithere
    Haithere Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Gacha games nonsense
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Options
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Until the UI is fixed or rolled back, I feel this chained offer around my neck.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Options
    pheregas said:
    It's not a great offer. They are overvaluing the LL token(s).
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Srheer0 said:
    pheregas said:
    It's not a great offer. They are overvaluing the LL token(s).

Agreed.
    But the current $9.99 offer for 1700 hp + 3 covers for all 2*s (including Bagman) plus some ISO is a solid deal for newish players (anyone 3* land and under) since the HP alone are worth it (you get more than if you buy 2 $4.99 HP offers).
    KGB