Comments

• RhetroAktive
    RhetroAktive Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up.

• Siv75
    Siv75 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    This is only for US based players right? When I registered it said I do not quality as I'm not in the US.
  • KenshinUK
    KenshinUK Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Options
    US only should be for physical rewards. Digital rewards can be redeemed anywhere.
    Sitting on 900k points but don't feel like anything in the shop is worth getting.
  • Tanglefoot
    Tanglefoot Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What is Marvel Insider?
  • Sithforever
    Sithforever Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What is Marvel Insider?
    Website where you can free stuff 
  • Tanglefoot
    Options
    Got it.

by the way, anyone else here besides me have a genuine Marvel “No-Prize”?

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got it.

How did you get one... I bow before your no-prize worthy self hahaha
  • Tanglefoot
    Options
    Got it.

How did you get one... I bow before your no-prize worthy self hahaha
    I explained how Durok the Demolisher was able to electrocute and stun Thor, the God of Thunder, Master of Lightning, by sticking an underground electrical cable into the sewer water they were fighting in - in a nutshell, because it was not “natural electricity” so acts differently than lightning. Thor #193. They didn’t print that part of my letter, though...

For ref - my first Thor was Journey into Mystery with Thor #118...
  • Siv75
    Siv75 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    KenshinUK said:
    US only should be for physical rewards. Digital rewards can be redeemed anywhere.
    Sitting on 900k points but don't feel like anything in the shop is worth getting.
    This is the message I got from them: 

You are ineligible to participate in the Marvel Insider Loyalty Rewards Program. For more details, please see the Marvel Insider Loyalty Rewards Program Terms of Use.

Within the terms of use is this:
    GENERAL PROGRAM PARTICIPATION
    Eligibility; Restrictions.Membership in, and use of, the Program is limited to persons who are legal residents of all fifty (50) United States, and the District of Columbia (collectively, the “Territory”), who are at least eighteen (18) years of age and who have a valid email address on file. 

Has anyone outside the US actually get rewards from Marvel successfully before?

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's all digital.  Can you use a fake US Address?  123 anywhere lane, Bevery Hills CA, 90210!
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pheregas said:
    It's all digital.  Can you use a fake US Address?  123 anywhere lane, Bevery Hills CA, 90210!
    Or maybe login with a vpn if you have one?
  • KenshinUK
    KenshinUK Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Options
    Siv75 said:
    KenshinUK said:
    This is the message I got from them: 

You are ineligible to participate in the Marvel Insider Loyalty Rewards Program. For more details, please see the Marvel Insider Loyalty Rewards Program Terms of Use.

Within the terms of use is this:
    GENERAL PROGRAM PARTICIPATION
    Eligibility; Restrictions.Membership in, and use of, the Program is limited to persons who are legal residents of all fifty (50) United States, and the District of Columbia (collectively, the “Territory”), who are at least eighteen (18) years of age and who have a valid email address on file. 

Has anyone outside the US actually get rewards from Marvel successfully before?

I sign in using my UK email while residing within the UK and have no issues. Here's my reward history:

I don't think I have any physical address on my account, maybe that has changed since I created mine? I'd suggest just trying any old address. My amazon.com account for example has the address as the X-Mansion.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Despite the warning that Insider is for US residents only you can sign up and collect point from outside the US. As stated above the only real restriction is that you cannot redeem points for physical items (these will be greyed out if you live outside the US). I have redeemed points several times for MPQ and Marvel Contest of Champions items without a problem (fyi I am living in Canada so your mileage may vary elsewhere).
  • Tanglefoot
    Options
    I joined marvel insider- took many actions which appeared to indicate I would get points, like took a survey for 500 points and watched a falcon/winter soldier video for 1000 points, but my point balance is unchanged. Not sure how you are supposed to actually earn points...
  • Rhipf
    Options
    Are you sure you are logged into an account? I know that sometimes I will go to the Insider site and it shows my account name at the top left but I am not actually logged in at that point. If I manually log in then things work properly.
    Other than that I haven't had a problem collecting points.
  • Tanglefoot
    Options
    Rhipf said:
    Are you sure you are logged into an account? I know that sometimes I will go to the Insider site and it shows my account name at the top left but I am not actually logged in at that point. If I manually log in then things work properly.
    Yes def logged in. Can see my name, and my current point total - that’s how i know my point total is not changing. I do a task and my points stay the same.
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Rhipf said:
    Yes def logged in. Can see my name, and my current point total - that’s how i know my point total is not changing. I do a task and my points stay the same.
    Make sure any ad or tracking blockers are off if you use them. I had a lot of issues getting pages to register with those on.

For the videos, I would sometimes need to jump them ahead to near the end & let them run to the end before it would register (If I didn't want to watch it all, or had to try more than once).

This site is one of the more irritating to use that I have run across so I only bother with the large ticket items any more.
  • Rhipf
    Options
    Rhipf said:

You probably are logged in but I sometimes see all that information when I go to the site even though I'm still not actually logged in. If I try to redeem point it will then ask me to log in. As Reecoh stated the site seems rather flaky at times.