New PVEs

IgrisBeru
IgrisBeru Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
Any chance they will stop with the same rotation of PVEs or add in 7 day events? Or did they forget 7 day events exist?

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think they got tired of people complaining that the rewards for 7-day events weren't enough.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Borstock said:
    I think they got tired of people complaining that the rewards for 7-day events weren't enough.
    Maybe we ought to complain that the rewards for 3-day and 4-day events aren't enough, some more then? So those too can get scrapped...
  • ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2021
    I think the last pve's was scribbled on the back of a cigarette packet, actually its the one that's running now, Dr doom is doing something with time so play new events (these are not new events as we just stole them from other stories as we are busy communicating with our loyal fan base and other stuff we won't bore you with.....hey why not spend some money? Buy some mighty tokens ! if you buy enough you might get a 4 star!)
  • Pyram7
    Pyram7 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Wasn't the last PvE the one about Black Widow ?
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    I've been calling for the return of 7-day events for a while. I don't seem them doing it though as they don't want to outright give people a 5* cover.

As for new events, we did get Spider Silk not that long ago. But with the last few 'new' events they all seem to have a node (or 2) that are really tough for anyone without a 550 roster.

I think the pace of new events has been ok though.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I remember some other reason against 7-days pve is because competitive players are required to commit 7 days. How true is this?
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 968 Critical Contributor
    Another theory is they won't run 7-Day events again because they can't figure our how to do the 5* shards in CL10. The devs likely don't want to give an entire cover (500 shards) in a single event.
    This theory is enhanced by the fact that the last time a 7-Day event was ran (Prodigal Sun, Dec 2019) was only weeks before CL10 was launched.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,902 Chairperson of the Boards
    They should split the 7 day events into a 3 day and a 4 day event and run them consecutively.
    That way we still get the storyline but it's easier for them to do the rewards.
    KGB
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't buy the 'they don't like giving away a full 5* cover' argument. I think it's more likely their metrics show that playtime may be lower during these events.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    I liked the Hulk and Wolverine 7 day events.

Not so much having to play at specific times for a whole week to place well in the standings. But just the story.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Srheer0 said:
    I liked the Hulk and Wolverine 7 day events.

Not so much having to play at specific times for a whole week to place well in the standings. But just the story.
    Likewise.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    DeNappa said:
    I don't buy the 'they don't like giving away a full 5* cover' argument. I think it's more likely their metrics show that playtime may be lower during these events.
    It's very interesting then that we haven't had a 7-day event since they announced SCL10.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    DeNappa said:
    I think one of them said that there was lower engagement for 7 day events.
    I also recall seeing posts here of players appreciating those events, because they didn't have to play as much during them.
    In my opinion, they should split those events into a 3 day and a 4 day event, and mix them in with the others, since it seems that they don't want to run them as 7 day events, for whatever reasons.