***** Scarlet Witch (WandaVision) *****

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let's say it's a Wanda vs Wanda mirror match. I have a Debiliating Hex tile targeting the enemy Wanda which increases damage to her by 50%. Enemy Wanda also has a fully powered Mystical Feedback tile decreasing all damage by 80%. I deal 100 damage to enemy Wanda. How much damage will she receive? 100*(1+50%-80%)=70 or 100*(1+50%)*(1-80%)=30?
    I think it would be the latter so she would receive 30 damage. That would be consistent with how other damages are calculated (strikes, protects, boosted damage, damage reduction like Rogue/Colossus).
    KGB
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 374 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2021
    Her introducing... preview is live in game, you can go to rewards and click on her shard reward and get a feel for how her powers look
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Must have 5*, these are the times I wished I was a hoarder. Can’t wait to roster and hopefully champ her!
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Is the damage reduction only from enemy effects?

For example... iHulk makes a match, takes self-inflicted damage. Does the charge go up?
    Enemy damages iHulk with match damage, charge goes up. iHulk dies, comes back and damages the team. Is his damage reduced thanks to the charge on the countdown?

IceIX said:

Whenever an ally takes damage, a charge is stored on this Repeater tile. Allies take 20% less damage for each charge stored (to a max of 80%).

• Romanshi
    Romanshi Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2021
    Her introducing... preview is live in game, you can go to rewards and click on her shard reward and get a feel for how her powers look
    BTW currently her blue power description is kinda bugged - lvl 3 and lvl 4 are completely the same, though the difference is in 5% increase of damage dealt to the enemy.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2021
    Srheer0 said:
    I'm also wondering if she's considered a mutant (ie Apocalypse's non-stun ability).

Nope. Her afflilations don't say mutant anywhere. Which is for balance purposes.
    Not so much a balance issue I think. Wandavision is in the MCU & that Wanda & Quicksilver weren't mutants. I'm not sure if they're even still mutants in the comics these days. 3* Wanda & Quicksilver were released at a time when the prevailing theory was Fox owned the rights so we didn't get any new mutants for a couple of years.

I'm pretty excited to see her on my roster, but I do think she's going to be annoying on defense! Might shake up the meta a little & feel like it's good to give more access to characters that boost damage. 

She's Affiliations: Heroes, Avengers, Team Cap. So they are only useful for the civil war boss event (haven't had that one in a while), for specific powers like 4nos' power that targets enemy heroes and also for supports which only go on avengers or heroes.  

If she was mutant she would work even better than she does now with Prof5x and Apoc.  

I'm looking forward to seeing how she affects the meta. Being able to increase ally damage based on AP collected, being able to reduce incoming damage to your team, being able to increase damage taken by specific enemies and turning random TUPS into a chosen colour is strong too. Especially considering it can help with AP generation
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Is the damage reduction only from enemy effects?

For example... iHulk makes a match, takes self-inflicted damage. Does the charge go up?
    Enemy damages iHulk with match damage, charge goes up. iHulk dies, comes back and damages the team. Is his damage reduced thanks to the charge on the countdown?

IceIX said:

Whenever an ally takes damage, a charge is stored on this Repeater tile. Allies take 20% less damage for each charge stored (to a max of 80%).

Usually effects only trigger from enemy damage. BRB' Clash of the Worthy doesn't trigger from 5*Carnage's Blood Feud, for example. Nico's blue CD is a strange exception though.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    5witch may be the new hotness, but she has some negative synergy with Quicksilver with him locking team up tiles and all. I did make the mistake of selecting blue for chaos magic, though. 
  • Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2021
    It appears that the charges apply instantly for Mystical Feedback.  And that AoE damage is not applied simultaneously.

In the Introducing event, I allowed a Muscle Tommy Gun countdown to expire.  It was supposed to do 1444 team damage.  Wanda (in front) took 1444 damage; Quicksilver (standing behind) only received 866 damage (a 40% reduction).

It seems likely to me that a third character would have received an 80% reduction.

So this will definitely stop iHulk in his tracks.
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2021
    Using her loaner I had a npc fire off a Tommy gun countdown and I see damage was only reduced against Quicksilver and not Scarlett Witch also. SW was hit for the abilities full damage and QS had the damage reduced. Her ability animations aren't too spectacular either.
  • Aweberman
    edited April 2021
    Let me amend my findings.  When I put Quicksilver in front, the damage was still reduced against him and Wanda still took full damage.  So the charge is applied instantly when damage would be taken, but doesn't apply to Wanda herself.  This is as the power reads, though: "Whenever an ally takes damage..." and "Allies ... take ... less damage..."

So now I'm not exactly sure how a third character would affect things.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the reason she is taking full damage on that AoE is that when the damage hits, there is no charge on her repeater until an ally gets hit. However Wanda then creates one which benefits her allies but not her for that attack. The power does say it protects Wanda too, so she presumably has that protection next time around but will always take an AoE in the face if nobody has damaged her team mates yet.

• tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    The wording on her green only appears to mention allies. If it doesn't protect her also that does suck, but at least it protects the other 2 teammates I guess. I suppose this may be for balancing purposes when D3 created her who knows. 

If it doesn't protect her at all and she eats full Ihulk aoe from an Okoye on roids, Scarlett Witch isn't going to last long especially if being targeted first and not having a large health pool. She will still make dealing with that combo and others easier by protecting the teammates, but seems like those who want to roll with Scarlett Witch and take the meta teams on are going to be using quite a few health packs reviving her. 

• DAZ0273
    Mystical Feedback -  PASSIVE
    (PASSIVE) Scarlet Witch's subconscious protects her and her allies from harm, giving her strength to neutralize enemy threats. At the start of battle and every turn, if one doesn't exist, create a 1-turn Repeater tile that deals 314 damage for each charge stored on it, then removes all charges. (Max level 1261 damage)

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    It may be that on an AOE, the damage isn't applied to the front character first. This may be why you see Switch take the full Tommy Gun damage and Quicksilver take less even though he may be in front.
    AOE may hit the middle character (from the team selection page before battle) first, then the left, then the right). We've never cared before since there has never been a power like hers before so we may not have noticed.
    KGB
    P.S. One thing that really hurts her value is that her Purple can only be used once and so you can't change the color if your AP pool radically changes.  So while you can generate more AP in 1 color you need (via the TU conversion), you won't get much value for the damage bonus if you are constantly using it by firing powers. So you either generate extra AP to fire more powers and do less bonus damage OR you do a lot of bonus damage and generate AP in a color you can't use (maybe Purple since she only uses 3 of it one time) :(
  • DAZ0273
    You have to read it like this: the first part of that description (protects her and her allies) does not become active until the second part (an ally takes damage) as far as I can tell. As soon as an ally takes damage, Switch will get the protection too but not before that happens. So basically if you can keep Switch front and centre until she is dead then yes, her damage reduction will never produce a charge. iHulk will hit her allies with his AoE so that will trigger it and next time around, Switch also has that damage reduction.
    At least as far as I can figure out.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    tonypq said:
    The wording on her green only appears to mention allies. If it doesn't protect her also that does suck, but at least it protects the other 2 teammates I guess. I suppose this may be for balancing purposes when D3 created her who knows. 

On discord we were told that she does include herself.

"She includes herself.  Usually the wording for not including her is "other allies""
  • DAZ0273
    KGB said:
    It may be that on an AOE, the damage isn't applied to the front character first. This may be why you see Switch take the full Tommy Gun damage and Quicksilver take less even though he may be in front.
    AOE may hit the middle character (from the team selection page before battle) first, then the left, then the right). We've never cared before since there has never been a power like hers before so we may not have noticed.
    KGB

I think the key is to when Wanda creates the charge. As she can't create the charge before an ally is hit, she doesn't get the benefit but they do as she then creates the charge before the damage is applied to her team mates. However, now that a charge is in place, it protects all moving forward.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    My impressions:
    I love her white &black alternate.

With protection she will last longer. Possibly BRB will be a great best friend.

She needs to not face goons for to show her potential and she will beat old okoye on progressive turns.

Her hex lasts foverever and can bring down anyone.

Give her enough AP and time and let  the nightmare begin.
    Perhaps tomorrow could be tested with the other 2 multipliers.

Being her the fourth multiplier in game(great words here).
  • Aweberman
    KGB said:
    This is an interesting notion. It would neatly explain what we’re seeing (if we assume that Wanda is supposed to benefit also).