***** Scarlet Witch (WandaVision) *****

Comments

• mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Would Kitty's purple repeater negate an opponent 5witch's repeater?
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,487 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald said:
    KGB said:
    MrEd95 said:
    If I’m understanding this right, would this passively reduce hulkoye’s aoe to zero every time it hits, or would Wanda stack the charge 3 times after the damage is received?

She can only reduce damage by 80% max.
    What we don't know is if the AOE counts as 3 charges or 1 charge.
    KGB

I strongly suspect it will count as three charges, however what is unclear is how those charges will be applied.  Most likely they'll be applied after the damage is done, so it will reduce 0 of the AoE, then apply three charges worth to any damage done in the turn by powers and/or match damage.  It's possible that the damage will be done one, two, three, in which case it will be 0 reduction, 1 charge, 2 charges, but I suspect that won't be the case.  I find it applying the charges before any damage really unlikely.
    I don’t believe that at all. 

All you have to do is look at BRB’s Clash of the Worthy vs The Green Door. 

- hulk adds a green tile. 
    - hulk makes a match if the tile is placed well. 
    - BRB pops a shield

- hulk destroys 2 tiles for damage
    - brb pops a shield
    - hulk does the team damage
    - brb pops 3 shields afterwards. 

The shields interrupt and are placed and immediately applied. So why shouldn’t the charges and resulting static damage reduction?

My point was actually that the damage from the AoE won't reduce the damage to the other characters - it will create the charge after the damage is applied.  I had forgotten about the damage from the tile destruction, so yes, you'll get at least one charge worth from that, more if either the tile creation or destruction causes a cascade.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    One thing I forgot to mention is that Switch vs Switch battles will likely be VERY long and health path intensive since her Green is going to sort of function like Bishops passive did.
    Start of battle: Both Switches place repeater.
    You move, enemy Switch stores 1 charge (or more if you hit a cascade / double match so she will make you avoid making cascades)
    AI move, enemy Switch Repeater goes off doing damage, your repeater stores 1 charge reduces damage. Enemy makes a move and your Switch stores a 2nd charge (or more if they hit a cascade).
    Your move, your repeater goes off, damaging enemy and enemy Switch stores 1 charge. You move and enemy Switch stores 1 more charge (or more depending on cascades)
    and so on. A lot of stored damage to each team each turn unless repeater is matched/destroyed (health packs). If the time to apply the damage is slow it will make battles drag out due to it happening on each teams turn.
    KGB
  • Wil88
    Wil88 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    It’s really too bad that she reduces all damage instead of just damage from powers. 
    Stops the match damage meta in its tracks. 
    That being said, I’ll be busting my hoard for sure when she arrives in latests. 
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Her Chaos Magic increases allies' powers by 150%, compared to 550 Okoye's capped 85, 680 damage. If a character's power deals at least 58,000 damage, it would overtake Okoye's boost. Also it converts 2 teamup tiles into colour of your choice. That's anti-Okoye and anti-Onslaught. If you are willing to spend +3 purple ap, you can fire it at the start of the game. Let Thor feed her, perhaps?  :D

Take C&D's black power and add Mr Fantastic's old yellow power and that gives you something similar to Debilitating Hex. I wonder if this stacks with her Chaos Magic. If it does, it's +205% damage for allies' powers to that target. If the target is downed, does the CD do nothing? I wonder if this CD will be buggy.

Mystical Feedback can be irritating slowing down matches. Against iHulkoye, 5/4/4 should be fine because it's capped at 80% anyway. 

5/4/4 is my go to build.

I don't know about 550s, but at around 450 Okoye's boost does 1300 per TU.

At 5% per AP, the power would have to deal 26k damage per individual hit for Wanda to do it better.  There are no other 5s that can deal that kind of single hit damage at the 450 level.

Comparing her boost to Apoc, at around 450 it takes 7 yellow AP to activate his boost for about 9k flat damage.  7 AP on Wanda'a boost does 35% more damage, and coincidentally in Apoc's case it also means the power would to deal 26k per individual hit for Wanda to boost it better.  This isn't quite apples to apples but when you get to 12 AP, Wanda boosts for 60% taking her break-even with Apoc to 15k, which is still pretty rare for single hits at the 450 range.  At 18 AP, Wanda boosts for 90% and the break-even goes down to 10k, which is more common for single hit nukes at 450.

You also have to keep in mind that you have to hold the AP.  If you're picking a color to accelerate so you can fire a power in that color, you won't really benefit from the boost.  So I think it's safe to say that Wanda is not taking over as a power booster over Apoc or Okoye.

And thinking about it, there's no reason not to run her with Okoye. Use Wanda'a purple and pick yellow. While it may take some TUs off the board you will get more Okoye yellow to refill the board with TU and heal more.  If the charges on Wanda's repeater come off as individual hits, Okoye's boost will be excellent for turning that passive damage into multiple huge hits.

Your idea of running her with Thor is interesting.  Set it to yellow and just don't fire it.  With Thor I build her 5/3/5.  Any other situation I build her 4/4/5 because I don't think the extra 1% in her damage boost will ever make a big enough difference, and with her ability to extend the hex countdown I don't think an extra turn is worth taking her damage reduction down.
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 342 Mover and Shaker
    I hate when games have stupid nicknames for every character, new people don't know **** anyone is talking about.

SCARLET WITCH looks pretty cool though.  Did you guys finally promote whoever was in charge of the last bunch of 4* to be in charge of 5*?  All of her powers are pretty cool and none of them seem bleh, definitely think a lot of people are going to be excited for SOMEthing she does.

I know that okoye doesn't stack with apocalypse damage boost, but does Scarlet Witch?  Her powers are worded differently but I'm not sure if only one damage boost can be in effect at all or something.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    The other assumption is all are based on 30 aps. 85, 680 is the cap for 550 Okoye's damage boost. 

1% difference can be big because it translate to an extra 30%. It's worth it if someone can do at least 58,000 damage. I wonder if it stacks with DP's Penance Fare. I think he could achieve 58,000 damage with it easily. After looking at all the other 5*, no one can deal out such organic power damage as of now. It might be something worth pondering on 2 or 3 years later.  :D

I think yellow would be my choice to hold since it's more of a "non-aggressive" colour.

Okoye is also good if her hits are dealt out individually. That's a minimum of 5 individual hit against iHulkoye.

I think I would agree 4/4/5 is better for most of the fights now.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Is there any partner for her so you can go and and actively hunt Hulkoye teams in Pick-2 PVP?
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    KGB said:
    One thing I forgot to mention is that Switch vs Switch battles will likely be VERY long and health path intensive since her Green is going to sort of function like Bishops passive did.

is this finally the RISE of ICEMAN!?!
    Stun her ASAP, and you're sorted

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is there any partner for her so you can go and and actively hunt Hulkoye teams in Pick-2 PVP?

I'm thinking Apocalypse for the rainbow and she can boost his already cheap powers.
  • BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Think I’ve found my third 5stars to go along my BRB/Apo team-up !
  • Romanshi
    Romanshi Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    I wonder if her "Mystical Feedback" ability damage reduction stacks with Colossus' "Preservation" ability match damage reduction. If so, match damage would be reduced by a whopping 96,6%!!!
  • BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    I'm also wondering if she's considered a mutant (ie Apocalypse's non-stun ability).
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    I'm also wondering if she's considered a mutant (ie Apocalypse's non-stun ability).
    No she isn't.

Affiliations: Heroes, Avengers, Team Cap

• Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor

Nope. Her afflilations don't say mutant anywhere. Which is for balance purposes. 

I can see her working well with BRB and iHulk. Use her pink to get more green tiles. If they get matched you get to fire off BRBs green and it will have at a minimum +60% damage per hit (12 green ap stored).  

Another potential team would be Apoc and Gedoom. Enemy yellow or black matches will give you some yellow or black AP. And seeing as Apocs yellow boosts the passive damage on ic5mans green repeaters, then it should also increase the damage on Wanda's power too.   

There are probably a lot more teams (kitty, BRB) that would be focused on being defensive and there are a lot of potential 4s she can work with due to being able to turn TUP tiles into chosen colours randomly. She could get the red tile numbers up to work with bl4de as just one example.  

Looking forward to when she hits LL. Worth a horde breaking, or getting 1 cover of her and waiting for the next 5 to get them both.
  • Romanshi
    Romanshi Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Here's the edited info about SW (mistakenly copypasted to this post):

Health: 14900 Health / 59600 Health

26 | 28 | 210 | 236 | 184 | 31 | 117 | 3.5x
     102 | 111 | 840 | 945 | 735 | 120 | 467 | 3.5x
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Srheer0 said:

Nope. Her afflilations don't say mutant anywhere. Which is for balance purposes. 

I can see her working well with BRB and iHulk. Use her pink to get more green tiles. If they get matched you get to fire off BRBs green and it will have at a minimum +60% damage per hit (12 green ap stored).  

I was wondering if it works that way.

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    Count me in as excited for her. Seems like she got the treatment her character deserved.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,487 Chairperson of the Boards
    Srheer0 said:

I was wondering if it works that way.

Oooh, Good question - is the enhancement applied before or after the AP is subtracted for the power.