**** Morbius (The Living Vampire) ****

123457»

Comments

• Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    I’ll say one thing , in his PvAI , in the first 22 matches I drew , not ONCE did I see BRB, Kitty, Grocket or Polaris. All those tinykittys who I’ve seen playing them for 6 months are either skipping this event or playing lame teams that iHulk tramples through . He will definitely change the meta heirarchy 
    Your MMR is too high. As a 4* player I still see tons of those teams. Not only that, I’m still successfully using Polaris Grocket in this PVP. I don’t see why that will change even when people have 5 black Morbius. I believe that everyone predicting the death of Polaris in PVP are probably not actually playing her in 4* land. I will still use her because there is nothing faster. The existence of Morbius does not change that. She was already terrible on defense. Morbius doesn’t change that.  Morbius does add another defensive deterrent, but those already existed in the form of Sabre and Medusa and a couple others. He basically adds another team I’ll tend to skip, but his adoption rate would have to be extremely high for it to affect my game, and I’m not sure why that will happen since he doesn’t seem to speed up killing in any meaningful way. In fact, he probably won’t even replace Sabretooth on my Grocket-hunting team. 
    The thing about Morbius and Polaris in PVP is that they are excellent in the hands of the player who can target the special tiles, and only moderately dangerous in the hands of the AI who does not consider special tiles when determining tile matching selection.

Morbius won't make Polaris disappear from PVP, as you said she will still be very fast.  But Morbius will absolutely bust defending Polaris teams with the player vs AI advantage.  This will make going up against them much less of a hassle, and will drastically lower the float point for Rocket/Polaris defensive teams.  Even if they still climb with Polaris, this will force players to think about putting a different team out on defense to float higher, and will result on seeing less overall Polaris teams on defense.
  • ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 171 Tile Toppler
    Theghouse said:
    I’ll say one thing , in his PvAI , in the first 22 matches I drew , not ONCE did I see BRB, Kitty, Grocket or Polaris. All those tinykittys who I’ve seen playing them for 6 months are either skipping this event or playing lame teams that iHulk tramples through . He will definitely change the meta heirarchy 
    Your MMR is too high. As a 4* player I still see tons of those teams. Not only that, I’m still successfully using Polaris Grocket in this PVP. I don’t see why that will change even when people have 5 black Morbius. I believe that everyone predicting the death of Polaris in PVP are probably not actually playing her in 4* land. I will still use her because there is nothing faster. The existence of Morbius does not change that. She was already terrible on defense. Morbius doesn’t change that.  Morbius does add another defensive deterrent, but those already existed in the form of Sabre and Medusa and a couple others. He basically adds another team I’ll tend to skip, but his adoption rate would have to be extremely high for it to affect my game, and I’m not sure why that will happen since he doesn’t seem to speed up killing in any meaningful way. In fact, he probably won’t even replace Sabretooth on my Grocket-hunting team. 
    The thing about Morbius and Polaris in PVP is that they are excellent in the hands of the player who can target the special tiles, and only moderately dangerous in the hands of the AI who does not consider special tiles when determining tile matching selection.

Morbius won't make Polaris disappear from PVP, as you said she will still be very fast.  But Morbius will absolutely bust defending Polaris teams with the player vs AI advantage.  This will make going up against them much less of a hassle, and will drastically lower the float point for Rocket/Polaris defensive teams.  Even if they still climb with Polaris, this will force players to think about putting a different team out on defense to float higher, and will result on seeing less overall Polaris teams on defense.
    I agree with everything you said. I only put Rocket Polaris out on defense when I want to get hit a lot since I’m going for 75 wins. As I said, I still think I’ll use Sabre as the primary Polaris hunter but it’ll be nice to have a secondary option when I’m low on health packs. I really hope I don’t see fewer Polaris teams on defense. I know I’ll still be putting her out on defense until my last 10 matches or so. 

5 black Morbius really shines in PVE. Infinitely more reliable than 5 purple Kitty against goon nodes. 
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    This guy is a fantastic 3rd to a great duo (Thorpocalypse/Thorkoye/Hulkoye etc) vs almost any team that relies on special tiles and special tile boosts. Morbius is a one man Brbitty/Polaritty killer. 

But vs 5* Carnage teams it’s different. Yes, he shuts down opposing tiles. But that doesn’t stop Carnage’s free turn, as it depends on your own tiles. 

But all that really means is, kill carnage first. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just tested this out, and Ultron's bomb tiles do *not* count as special tiles for Morbius's ability.  If you match one with him on your team, the other bombs stay on the board.  Pity, but worth a shot in the early rounds to find out if it works or not.