We need more tier levels!

Mepistopheles
Mepistopheles Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
I lost one side quest in last coalition event and finished on 688th place. This is ridiculous since 687 players had perfect score and ended on first place, but you miss one objective and the whole effort goes to nothing. If this many players get all the points then how many players participate? isn't it time to get new tiers? No, it is three years too late already, but maybe the devs need to hear it more often to do something about it. 
I believe that I'm not the only one who wants this change and I'm well aware of the amount of work the devs need to get it done and functional, so for the start maybe changing the system to different type of pricing would be sufficient for the events.
The other thing is that a lot of people just want to stay in the gold league since all the dinosaurs and grinders are in platinum playing insane combos they couldn't even dream about because they don't have the card pool.
Please do something to divide the game better after five years.

Comments

• Mepistopheles
    Well as I see it if 687 players get the first place in one tier the price pool is great, but when they are spreaded onto 3-4 different tiers the first place is going to go to max 50 players per tier so there is a oesser takeout after all. And other players might reach 51-250 and 251-500 range rewards.
  • Mepistopheles
    @jtwood that is a great idea! something like a weekly basis league that lets say has 8-10 levels and you can climb higher or drop lower each week.
    and if you encounter someone from higher tier you get something extra like more exp points or so.
  • Tutaha
    Tutaha Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Could do something similar to magic arena ranked system 
  • Mepistopheles
    I guess everything would be better than the current system. It was enough four years ago, but since there's a lot more cards and players now, the players should be motivated to play (and pay) more which is in the best interest of the developer. I just refuse to pay for game where I can get little ot no progress while winning, and even less when I'm losing.
  • Tezzeret
    Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    we have been barking up this tree for years.... sadly I'm  afraid we are just gonna have to live with what we got 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly I don't think we need a new tier (I mean, I do, but by this point I've accepted it just won't happen).
    Why not just increase the mastery limit needed to go up each tier?  These numbers were made 5 years ago, back when Innistrad was new.  There are way more cards in the game now.  Making it harder to tier up would at least help the newer players who master 5 cards and then hit Silver and get destroyed, and it would make Plat just for people with large collections, as it kind of should be.
  • QuiksilverHg
    QuiksilverHg Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Tezzeret said:
    we have been barking up this tree for years.... sadly I'm  afraid we are just gonna have to live with what we got 
    How sad is it that this is how most people feel about everything now? Don’t waste your time asking because the developers just don’t care
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Or no more brackets over 1000
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    @jtwood that is a great idea! something like a weekly basis league that lets say has 8-10 levels and you can climb higher or drop lower each week.
    and if you encounter someone from higher tier you get something extra like more exp points or so.
    That would be a bad idea: players like me who dont play regulary (i only do colaition events and a casual game here and there while waiting) would end up in a low tier.

That is bad for other in that tier since i'm one of the players described in the original post.
    I'd be playing against starting players with my song/leafkin combo.

• Lossibob
    Lossibob Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    I think there are options for adding more mastery levels, but I don't see them being implemented after this long - and especially since the introduction of the new levelling system. I'm not certain the new system has been a success - the events are all based on the mastery levels and for me the mastery system works better than the newer system, which seems to take no real part in the game (if it does, then I just don't notice it, whereas the mastery system is a more visual and obvious element).
    I'm not tech-enabled at all, so am not in any way certain how difficult it would be to add extra levels, though renaming the levels we have at present and adding more points and more levels (at least on the surface) , seems easy.
  • Mepistopheles
    @Oktagon_Support
    Could you please make any statement to this topic please? Are there any projects that would help players with the unpleasant gaming experience due obsolete pairing system and/or rewards system? I don't want details, I just wish that I would know if you even consider doing something about the problem that only growing bigger and bigger by the time.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Mepistopheles - you could try using the monthly Q&A, but don’t expect much. Usually the answers are: “yes, we have that under consideration. Thank you for your interest.”
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    I lost one side quest in last coalition event and finished on 688th place. This is ridiculous since 687 players had perfect score and ended on first place, but you miss one objective and the whole effort goes to nothing. If this many players get all the points then how many players participate? isn't it time to get new tiers? No, it is three years too late already, but maybe the devs need to hear it more often to do something about it. 
    I believe that I'm not the only one who wants this change and I'm well aware of the amount of work the devs need to get it done and functional, so for the start maybe changing the system to different type of pricing would be sufficient for the events.
    The other thing is that a lot of people just want to stay in the gold league since all the dinosaurs and grinders are in platinum playing insane combos they couldn't even dream about because they don't have the card pool.
    Having played other apps, many use a 200 player bracket of players within your own skill level. Prizes are often gapped up to 50th place. after that you basically get mostly some mediocre reward for your efforts. This means that competition can be fierce and rewarding at the same time. The events we have should be set up this way imho. Having more players garner like rewards isn't going to sap the money flow for buying packs or exclusives, in fact they would be more inclined to do so in hopes to gain an edge (if any) in that 200 player bracket for the rewards in the top 50, especially the top 10. 
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gunmix25 said:
    Having played other apps, many use a 200 player bracket of players within your own skill level. Prizes are often gapped up to 50th place. after that you basically get mostly some mediocre reward for your efforts. This means that competition can be fierce and rewarding at the same time. The events we have should be set up this way imho. Having more players garner like rewards isn't going to sap the money flow for buying packs or exclusives, in fact they would be more inclined to do so in hopes to gain an edge (if any) in that 200 player bracket for the rewards in the top 50, especially the top 10. 
    It's called Challenge of the Courts. It's great. It could be the best event. But the node charges are one billion percent screwed up, and there's not even a hint that anyone will acknowledge the issue; let alone fix it. So it's still a mediocre event.

• Gunmix25
    jtwood said:
    Gunmix25 said:
    It's called Challenge of the Courts. It's great. It could be the best event. But the node charges are one billion percent screwed up, and there's not even a hint that anyone will acknowledge the issue; let alone fix it. So it's still a mediocre event.

Its called coalition events numbering the 3000 per bracket. if numbered in the 200 instead the insane sizes that they are, they could be the best events but there's not even a hint that anyone will acknowledge the issue: let alone fix it. so we get to participate in a ridiculously unforgiving event causing players to simply quit once progression rewards are reached, if they are even worth chasing. 

that was my point, just sayin'  ;) 

but yes, Courts are atrocious and garbage. I completely agree with you in every sense of your arguement. 

but... would love to see something like this for a coalition event at least

200 player brackets for respective levels

those final placement and scores be tallied towards a total over all coalition score after the event. So even small coalitions could do well if their players are savvy and skilled enough to score high because of the 200 player brackets.

progression rewards are still there for the length of the event.

• Mepistopheles
    Gunmix25 said:
    Its called coalition events numbering the 3000 per bracket. if numbered in the 200 instead the insane sizes that they are, they could be the best events but there's not even a hint that anyone will acknowledge the issue: let alone fix it. so we get to participate in a ridiculously unforgiving event causing players to simply quit once progression rewards are reached, if they are even worth chasing. 

I can't believe that over 680 players out of 300 had the perfect score without missing a single objective. That makes around 22,3% of players that are so great/lucky not to encounter someone who beat them or mess up their objectives (which is pretty common I can say).
    I was playing almost from beginning with few pauses, but it has never been so bad as it is now. 

The change is imminent because the rewards system is just frustrating as it is now.

Please consider making at least something about the events that allows players to see the number of players participating so we don't need to guess how many people was playing. 
    Maybe then the players like me would be more satisfied about how they end up in the end instead of complaining. Or maybe more players would stand up against the current system.
  • Gunmix25
    I was playing almost from beginning with few pauses, but it has never been so bad as it is now. 

Sorry, but it was far worse awhile back and for the most part, Oktagon has done a decent job not repeating Hibernium's mistake. Cycling was an absolute nightmare. Perfect scores were the norm for events and was not unusual. There was only two rewards back then. 1st place and whatever was last. So many players were able to lock in 1st place using cycling. Once that was nerfed.The scoring as it is now has been substantially better. But... those 3000 brackets are and have always been horribly plagued by high numbers of 1st placers.  

• ambrosio191
    ambrosio191 Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Gunmix25 said:

Sorry, but it was far worse awhile back and for the most part, Oktagon has done a decent job not repeating Hibernium's mistake. Cycling was an absolute nightmare. Perfect scores were the norm for events and was not unusual. There was only two rewards back then. 1st place and whatever was last. So many players were able to lock in 1st place using cycling. Once that was nerfed.The scoring as it is now has been substantially better. But... those 3000 brackets are and have always been horribly plagued by high numbers of 1st placers.  

The fact that 50 perfect scores is even possible is an improvement from what it used to be.  Remember when ranking was based on when you got your score, in addition to what your score was?  If you didn't win fast enough when the last node refreshed you were screwed out of 1st place prizes.
    3000 player brackets are only a problem when the rewards aren't great enough to filter down to the lower ranks.  HoD and RtO both have 3000 player brackets, but rank 1-5 is 150 crystals and 300 jewels.  Rank 251-500 is 10 jewels and 40 crystals (which is more than 1st place in our current events).  3000 players brackets used to only be used with these types of events/rewards.