Clash of the Worthy team-up broken

abmoraz
abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
When Using a Beta Ray Bill's blue team-up (Clash of the worthy), it did damage and created the countdown tile, but whenever my team took damage, it didn't generate any protect tiles (like the countdown tile's text says it should).

Comments

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not sure what the text on the countdown reads, but doesn't the power description read 'Beta Ray Bill creates a protect tile whenever...'? Technically, he's not there to place the protect tile... 

Although you could argue that since he 'is' the team up, it should place protects nonetheless.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    DeNappa said:
    Not sure what the text on the countdown reads, but doesn't the power description read 'Beta Ray Bill creates a protect tile whenever...'? Technically, he's not there to place the protect tile... 

Although you could argue that since he 'is' the team up, it should place protects nonetheless.

The exact text is:
    While this tile is on the board: Beta Ray Bill creates 1 strength 563 Protect tile whenever he or one of his allies takes damage.
    So I guess that could be an answer... He fires the power then "effs off".  Still seems wrong, though.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    This has always bothered me as well. When BRB is actually on your team, it doesn't matter which of your team mates takes the damage for the tile to create more protects, so to me it feels like it ought to behave the same way.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    I think this would be hard to fix though because it almost surely affects all the other powers that work in the same way.
    By this I mean imagine BRB casts Clash and does his damage and drops the CD. On the enemy team, Dr Strange fires his passive and downs BRB (or some other enemy passive stuns BRB). Would you expect the CD to remain and continue to function with no BRB there / BRB stunned?
    There is almost surely code that checks whether the character is still alive / non-stunned for that 2nd part to work and since he's not alive / non-stunned it doesn't work. Coding a special edge case for when it's a team-up would be an awful lot of work and make the team-up version more valuable than the actual power on BRB since you could not stun/kill a team-up BRB.
    KGB
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I mean there is “it’s hard” and there is “as a player, I expect...” right? 
  • Notwen
    Notwen Posts: 51 Match Maker
    There are a few team-ups that work only partially as expected because the character is not part of your party or because you have no web-creators or... It's bad that the Clash of the Worthy team-up creates the promised countdown tile but will never create any protect tiles. If such a team-up can be earned, it should more accurately state what it's going to do (or not do).

My dream for the game is that every character has a special team-up power (often different from one of their normal powers) that was designed to be used in team-up situations. All the earned team-ups would be these special powers.

I know, changing the way the game works like this and transitioning to the new system would be near impossible. I did say it was just a dream.