Kimoyo Beads

Junglejim5
Junglejim5 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
I had just got a bonus level 4 Kimoyo beads support an upgrade of my level 2 and am wondering besides the 4* Gamora is there a correct character I can leave them with. And does that give me a L5 status. 

Comments

• Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2021
    I have mine on Karnak.  Level 2 Kimoyo Beads. And mostly for the crit multiplier.   I don’t use him much tho.  Probably should rethink who might benefit better.

maybe in 5* land, it might help Killmonger or Onslaught.  Or maybe Chavez in 4*?
    whats L5 status?
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2021
    I believe that's rank 5?
    Sadly no... No way to have a higher rank than to get it first.
    And no, Kimoyo Beads don't have a synergy perk either. No character get anything extra by having it equipped. 

I have them on Peggy and may swap them to a 5-star if I really want blue. Gamora has Wong for when a CN with Carnage requires special care... :D
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Oh I see, yeah level 5 needs to be a lucky pull one day.
    If I had a level 3 and even more with level 4, I might be wanting to put it on Polaris too.
    she definitely always needs blue and the extra special fortify doesn’t hurt either.
    also with level 5, chance to gain yellow can only help Kitty get some protects out there.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you have Kimoyo beads of at least rank 3, 5* Iceman is a good one to consider equipping it to. You are probably already often targeting blue if you're playing with him, and the bonus blue AP really helps with creating more stun countdowns.
  • AchillesPinky
    AchillesPinky Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    I put my Kimoyo beads on BRB.  Considering how cheap his blue is, if you get the match bonus, you can fire them quite frequently, ramping up the protects very early and often.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    The beads (rank 4) are a staple of my main PVE pick-3 clearing team. I put them on Kitty so she tanks blue over Polaris. Then I chase blue (occasionally netting that +1) to fuel Polaris’ stun so I can shut down the most dangerous opponent while Kitty does her thing. They are more instrumental than I though they’d be. 
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Is there a thread or guide that shows the best supports for each character ?

I know someone created a excel sheet that lets you change variables bit was curious if there were any other support guides. 
  • Wil88
    Wil88 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    I love these type of discussion threads. 
    I hadn’t considered putting them on Kitty before. 
    I have my lvl 3 beads  on 5* Hawkeye but will probably move him to Apocalypse when it gets to lvl 5 for that yellow boost. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    I put my Kimoyo beads on BRB.  Considering how cheap his blue is, if you get the match bonus, you can fire them quite frequently, ramping up the protects very early and often.
    *smacks forehead*

Great idea!  I've got the Kimoyo beads at LVL 3, which is now doing a heck of a lot more on BRB than the LVL 2 Stormbreaker that he was equipped with.  I generally use the blues to let Polaris use her stun a bit quciker, but either one works.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    You might put them on Heimdall if you want to try and make him a little more part of your regular crew. I just have a 2* beads though, so I can’t really benefit much from the 3rd level perk. I guess you could try it on Mysterio also if you want a novelty way to get extra yellow out of it.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine are on my champed AW. The crit multiplier and extra blue AP (for Karnak) who is generally on the team works out quite well.