**** Morbius (The Living Vampire) ****

Comments

• BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Ooh, Morbius’ power works on countdown enemy tiles. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos said:
    Morbius is not a feeder.
    I knew not to get my hopes up, but it still stings.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    He is the best cds removal in game, passively or actively.  Great animations. (Only thing I dont like much his icon seems like the che lol)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    He can remove strike, protect, attack, countdown, repeater and invisibility tiles as long as you destroy or match away any of the above.

He's awesome.
  • Wil88
    Wil88 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Thanos said:
    Morbius is not a feeder.
    That’s disappointing. I wish they would let us know what their strategy is in regards to feeders. (I know - I shouldn’t expect that type of communication)
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wil88 said:
    Thanos said:
    Morbius is not a feeder.
    That’s disappointing. I wish they would let us know what their strategy is in regards to feeders. (I know - I shouldn’t expect that type of communication)

I suspect the answer remains "When there is an obvious connection"
    Lately that's been roughly every other 4* although there is no guarantee that remains true.
    KGB
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker
    KGB said:
    Today the board was Blue starved and I cast it once mid way through and again it was matched immediately (it landed on the only available match 3 - :'( ) so I couldn't even see it in action once.
    KGB
    Not trying to be rude, but just making sure you know the nodes are replayable if you want to see different powers. ☺️
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    Today the board was Blue starved and I cast it once mid way through and again it was matched immediately (it landed on the only available match 3 - :'( ) so I couldn't even see it in action once.
    KGB
    Not trying to be rude, but just making sure you know the nodes are replayable if you want to see different powers. ☺️

I know they are. My comment was more to the absurdity of losing 3 repeaters immediately and highlighting once again how vulnerable they are when they don't come fortified.
    KGB
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    I find it quite common that when the AI places your CD it’s usually in a place that can be matched and if not , within 1 or 2 enemy moves it becomes vulnerable to matching .
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    KGB said:
    Wil88 said:
    Thanos said:
    Morbius is not a feeder.

I suspect the answer remains "When there is an obvious connection"
    Lately that's been roughly every other 4* although there is no guarantee that remains true.
    KGB

So we currently have Havok, Sinister, Onslaught, OMD, Deadpool, Cyclops and Colossus all as 5* X-Men/Mutants without feeders. Maybe a good idea would be to just see if they are X-Men or Mutants if that is the direction this is going. Especially if we still have yet to see the other members of the Phoenix 5. If that is the case we have plenty of 4* mutants on the horizon.
    I'm really curious to see who we get as feeders for iHulk, OMD and Deadpool.
  • HoundofShadow
    Since feeders were first introduced in 2017, they have never stated how they actually determine when a character is a feeder for 5*.  In the last Q&A via Twitch late last year, there was a question about feeder and they didn't even want to answer it. To conclude, I think it's a futile effort to get them to answer how players will be able to predict when feeders will be rolled out.

Doing this creates expectations and when that happens, players expect that feeders must happen without a break. When there's a break, players get confused and will demand answers from dev. Then, they get them to promise that such instances will not happen again or such break will be made known to them in advance. Unfortunately, doing such things is so low on their priority that it's virtually not going to happen. Then, we will be back to square one again.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2021
    So far, I really like him. He's gonna take the constant heat off my Sabretooth in the fight against Polaris. :) And if I finally have a working counter against Polaris/BRB, that'd be utterly amazing, I just basically auto-skipped those up to now.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited March 2021
    So, in pick 2 PvPs against Polaris and Kitty/BRB/R4G, who are your choices to team up with Morbius?

Polaris? Kitty? Okoye? BRB? Anyone else?

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Dunno yet, crossing that bridge when I come to it in a few months, I guess. So far my thoughts are:
    Not Polaris, because when you're depriving enemyPolaris of special tiles to neuter her, the last thing you want to do is to give her replacements. Besides, Morbius removes special tiles, he doesn't cause board shake as Sabretooth does. And Kitty has nothing to boost or overwrite if he gets rid of enemy tiles and is her only partner. Not sure about Okoye or BRB, since I'm in 4* land. (When I talk about Kitty or BRB, it's undercovered Kitty or BRB used in 4* land. I wouldn't know how stuff performs against actual champed 5* .)
    How about... not one of the usual suspects? The point of a counter is to work *against* the established meta, not support the established meta characters anyway.
    Personally, I can see myself using him similar to how I currently use Sabretooth-- which is Morbius+boosted 4* of the week for damage. Because after you're done removing special tiles, you also want to deal damage. And for that Morbius only has his purple once there aren't any special tiles anymore.
    So I'm thinking damage dealer, whether that's a boosted 4* , a self-feeding character with a nuke a la Riri or Vulture feeding the central character in a 4* pvp. But idk, maybe that's just me. I'm sure people will find a way to use him for more Polaris teams, that seems to be the current trend.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    So, in pick 2 PvPs against Polaris and Kitty/BRB/R4G, who are your choices to team up with Morbius?

Since Mobius' blue destroys a special tile, I'm curious to test him out with Polaris. Ultimately, I'll probably fall in line with @AlexR and use someone else. He has a black passive, so unless the required character has an active black, I would want someone to fill that void. I'm mostly in 4* land so characters I would probably use to take care of that problem are Captain M4rvel, Kate Bishop, or 4Wolverine. For Marvel, I'm thinking more of the black/yellow combo rather than just the black to avoid special tile creation.

On another note, if the required is a web generator, Mobius might pair well with another web generator by clearing the field of special tiles to make way for more webs. The same could be true for charged tile generators.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards

I'd use Apocalypse maybe - boost the damage and bypass any un-destroyed/removed protects on his red. 4* players may try the same with Red Guardian, who bypasses protects himself, but i don't know how survivable that would ultimately be.
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    I finally champ my Polaris and they bring out a Polaris counter? XD

But I certainly you guys are right and he does help diversify the PVP opponents.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2021

not really sure about morbius, but my scissors-rock-paper selection goes something like this:

Polaris + kitty vs Polaris + okoye
    Polaris + brb vs Polaris + apoc
    Polaris + r4g vs Polaris + sabretooth

it will be interesting to see how morbius' passive will shake that up
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    Early thoughts based on Welcome to SHIELD. Good synergy with C4rnage. Also tried him with Prowler, but there is negative synergy there as he removed the fortified tile before it could be stolen. Probably better than C4rnage synergy out there but not with my champed 4*.

He might replace F4ntastic/Polaris in Cardusa teams and be viable. Not in the speed meta though
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker

I'd use Apocalypse maybe - boost the damage and bypass any un-destroyed/removed protects on his red. 4* players may try the same with Red Guardian, who bypasses protects himself, but i don't know how survivable that would ultimately be.
    A booster seems like the best choice.  I go for Apoc over Okoye.  Morbius has great removal and heal but his offense relies on constant removal of enemy tiles - which he is removing faster than most characters can produce them - or enemy matching his traps which is unreliable and useless against minions in PVE.  Boosting his damage output when it does proc makes him much more effective.  Apoc is an offensive machine all on his own, and can punch through any protects that evade removal, which I think gives him the edge.

You could also try either version of Carnage which gives you red/green coverage and would passively add weak enemy tiles to the board for you to keep destroying with Morbius, but might overwrite his trap tiles.  I just don't think Morbius' removal does enough damage to make it your key offensive component.