Finished prologue except ragnarok. Nothing to do now?

12345679»

Comments

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    Cage and Fist carried me through the majority of pick 2 pvp until I had a couple 4* teams ready to go. Getting real good at piloting those two will also carry you up to SCL7 pve, w/ strange generally. SWitch is another good partner for them, especially for PVP or other events where there are no minion types and only tile-movers.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    You might also consider re-specing your Fist/Cage.
    I rarely use Cage's Black unless it's as a finishing move because you want to get to 12 black so Fist gets his Purple damage. So I think it's better to run him at 5/5/3 so Yellow is your big nuke and you get the max protect tile.
    Fist is fine at 3/5/5 where you have him but I've also run him at 4/5/4 so I get an extra strike tile at the trade off of a weaker attack tile. It's a matter of choice based on how often you manage to fire Green.
    KGB

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2021
    KGB said:
    You might also consider re-specing your Fist/Cage.
    I rarely use Cage's Black unless it's as a finishing move because you want to get to 12 black so Fist gets his Purple damage. So I think it's better to run him at 5/5/3 so Yellow is your big nuke and you get the max protect tile.
    Fist is fine at 3/5/5 where you have him but I've also run him at 4/5/4 so I get an extra strike tile at the trade off of a weaker attack tile. It's a matter of choice based on how often you manage to fire Green.
    KGB
    I'd argue against this; if you get say 18 black for Cage that's usually the point you can kill your first target with the baby opening punch and put down the following two with the full-sized combo punches. Yellow costs a lot and should be your 3. For Fist you want max black generation and biggest attack tile, imo. Their main engine is gather pink for 2 uses >make black > punch punch punch, if you need the strikes or windup then you're probably overreaching.

• Tanglefoot
    Tanglefoot Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    I find myself rarely using Cage’s yellow. I WANT a to, but I don’t seem to grab enough yellow. I usually end up with 12-15 black and 5 purple, or more of each, somehow WAY more often than I can fill yellow once...
  • Tanglefoot
    Made a run at Chrome Dome PvP event. Was ranked #1 a couple times. Last few hours I spent in the teens trying to push up. Got as high as #6. 4 points from the top 5 at 852. Had been up to 917 earlier but the top moved a lot. With 8 minutes left, at 852 points, I won a 52 point battle then won a 54 point battle with 8 seconds left. Final score was 662. So I basically lost 296 points in the last 8 minutes while I was trying to reach the top 5. 296. Oy gevalt.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Made a run at Chrome Dome PvP event. Was ranked #1 a couple times. Last few hours I spent in the teens trying to push up. Got as high as #6. 4 points from the top 5 at 852. Had been up to 917 earlier but the top moved a lot. With 8 minutes left, at 852 points, I won a 52 point battle then won a 54 point battle with 8 seconds left. Final score was 662. So I basically lost 296 points in the last 8 minutes while I was trying to reach the top 5. 296. Oy gevalt.

You must have been like a gold mine to all those late climbers, last hour of PvP is shark feeding frenzy time if you are worth anything points wise.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just put up a 3 hour shield to save all the headaches and protect your placement. 
  • Tanglefoot
    Just put up a 3 hour shield to save all the headaches and protect your placement. 
    I would have, if I had reached top 5, but I dropped from #6 to #20, while adding 106 points...

I would have when I was #2 with 900+ points, but did not have enough points for an 8 hour shield
  • Tanglefoot
    edited March 2021
    Is it just me or did they really pump up the difficulty for the Mayhem inManhatten event?

I have exhausted all of my health kits, plus 4 from tacos, and have not even touched every node. Running even a great 3* team against a pile of a nearly endless stream of fair to good 4* teams is really tough...

and the boss is a multi-cover 5*? Oy vay...
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seems like I remember it. The Reddit introduction I looked up before choosing my SCL said it was as tough as the Simulator. 
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, that 5* node with JJ, Strange and Cap is hard. Until I tried it with champed Kitty, Cap and BRB. After a couple of turns all their powers do -1 damage. Takes a while but it is so satisfying looking at Strange flinging -1 damage time after time at you.
  • Tanglefoot
    lvl 49. now 11 championed 3*, all lvl 182 or lower - 60 roster spots. 9 championed 2* at/near max, and 6 2* fodders championed or close. mostly playing in the middle of 3* land and SCL 5ish. Had not been opening Heroic tokens since I was short on roster spots. Sold a couple dupe 2* champions when they maxed, hit a couple 1000 hero point rewards from tacos, opened up like 6 roster slots and opened a stream of tokens.

Mostly from heroic tokens I have dropped the below in sequence:
    4* Polaris - Rostered at 5 covers
    4* Gamora - Rostered
    4* Riri Williams Iron Heart - Rostered
    4* Luke Cage - Rostered
    4* Captain Marvel - Rostered at 2 covers
    4* Quake Daisy Johnson - have a 2nd Quake waiting for when I level my 3* Scarlett Witch - have enough shards I can level her NOW
    4* Wasp Janet VanDyne
    4* Throg + a Throg reward for an event tier, so have 2 yellow (blech) covers - Rostered to complete the event requiring Throg, but I think 2 yellow covers is basically a useless Throg
    4* Black Panther (have enough shards that I could roster him at 2 covers)
    4* Agent Colson
    4* Maria Hill
    4* Iron Man Hulkbuster

1. Dropping 8 4* out of 10 hero tokens (1 was a “mighty” token, 1 was a daily award, 2 were event tier awards) seems like incredible odds, so a little excited about the additions.

2. I have no roster slots open at the moment, but am at like 735 hero points, so will be able to open a new slot today or tomorrow. AND I have 4 slots with fodder or **** (like a 1 cover Sentry to complete the “required character” event), so I HAVE room if I need it.

Question #1 - I have 10 days to deal with it, but are Black Panther, Wasp, or Agent Coulson more important? Black Panther ranks higher on most lists, but I see Agent Coulson WAY more often in battles. I have only seen Wasp a couple times but I hate facing her - too much damage. Are any of these worth worrying about? I can easily roster 2 within the next 10 days from earned hero points, and can sell a 2* fodder to make room for a 3rd if I need to.

Question #2 - Since I still don’t have all the slots I would need to make this easy, balancing roster/fodder/ and starting to touch 4* land. Quake, Maria Hill, and Hulkbuster are just not worth the roster spots, are they? 

Question #3 - is that Throg just so useless I should replace him with BP, AC, or the Wasp or another 2* fodder - sitting on 11 covers for 2* storm on my vine...

Question #4 - anyone else on that list as “Rostered” simply not worth it at this point? Based on available lists, they all appear to be “top 15” quality covers, at least, eventually. 

• Sekilicious
    #1. If you're looking at it from a perspective of "Which character is most effective in the current meta?" (which I gather from #2 you are) then there is no preference. Polaris, Grocket, and Juggernaut will cover all your PvE and PvP needs eventually. Until the new hotness comes out that is. Between BP, Coulson, and Wasp all three are solidly mid tier. Coulson and Wasp have synergy with C4rol. BP does as well though less so, though good synergy with C4ge. Coulson and 5* Hawkeye can form a winfinite, though Hawkeye is hard to acquire. All three are good when boosted. Pick whoever you like the best, none will supplant Polaris when champed. All might be necessary (like Sabertooth became) when the meta changes. 

#2. I like to have all characters rostered for when they come up in PvE and PvP. I used to look at tier lists and discard characters on the lower tiers, but this hurt when those characters became required as it knocked me down the rankings and I lost out on valuable HP. Since specific 4* characters are difficult to acquire, I eventally adopted the strategy of never opening anything unless I could roster whatever came out. But you know this, so I will just add that Hulkbuster can act as a red battery, though not a great one. 

#3. Throg was minorly annoying in my last PvP when boosted. Polaris still crushed him since the AI cannot handle simple concepts like 'target blue matches'. He also came up when I needed charged tiles in the last puzzle. Other than that my point #2 also applies here. Some might consider him mid tier as well.

#4. I have all your rostered (except Throg, but the game is throwing covers at me right now so maybe soon) characters champed and like them all when boosted.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    1) Wasp and Coulson both have their uses as you enter 4* land. Late in 4* land (or early 5* land) only Coulson will have value. BP is not worth rostering at all other than I used him for the first time in over a year in the last Support event because he could fortify things.
    2A) Until you have all the 3* rostered, don't sell any of them for 4*. You will get 3* covers way more often and champ them far before you ever champ 4*. So no, don't sell Sentry.
    2B) Maria Hill and Hulkbuster are below Wasp/Coulson in my mind. Quake has value because of her Yellow (prevents AoE damage) as she's the only character in the game with that skill plus her Green does AoE damage and her Blue destroys tiles. I'd rank her as good as Coulson/Wasp.
    3) Throg is still one of the 'latest' 4* so he will be featured several more times as the reward in PvE. Thus you will have the ability to get more shards (and maybe even a cover if you can play up to CL6 if the event is easy enough). That may get you to 4+ covers at which point he's definitely worth keeping.
    4) Again, if you only have 1 cover for those 4* and you still need roster spots for 3* you are better off replacing them with 3* characters. If you have all the 3* then you can keep all the 4* you pulled.
    KGB
  • Sekilicious
    So in the current PvE, with Polaris boosted, are you using her in the pick 2 and 3 portions? I noticed in my SCL she is dominant. In my PvP she is everywhere and really hard to counter, but that is another matter. 
  • Tanglefoot
    So in the current PvE, with Polaris boosted, are you using her in the pick 2 and 3 portions? I noticed in my SCL she is dominant. In my PvP she is everywhere and really hard to counter, but that is another matter. 
    Yes. My Polaris is 0/2/4. I match her up with Mohawk Storm who drops 32 strength 34 attack tiles for 9 black. Combined, they hit for nearly 4000 damage each and every round.
    if I can pick 3 heroes I have been adding my 3* Iron Fist who drops black tiles for storm to get going, and red strike tiles with a green hit. Usually able to fire Storms black 2x in a match - it really keeps the pressure on, and consumes all basic tiles to eliminate enemy drops.
  • Sekilicious
    Cool. Sounds like a fun combo. Hopefully you can find her blue soon for the chance to stun more difficult opponents.