**** Morbius (The Living Vampire) ****

Comments

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can't say much about the character which hasn't been said, but "Blood Succor" is a pretty good name for the PVP.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did confirm that OMD's max-health-reduction works with the boost damage it gets from Okoye, but I couldn't keep the enemy team alive, or the green battery on my side alive long enough to whittle a hulk's max health down to zero in pick-2 or 3. Best I could do was 15k lol. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the Morbius pvp.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Indeed, it was a nice challenge for me.
    Yes the health reduction starts at the right side of the bar to the left until it gets near the area of the reviving health base.
    On my 5th green power fired ihulk killed winter soldier who it was already wasted with so many revives, but he didnt revive the last time as always does.
    Carnage and morbius is a creative idea but they will be long time dead before morbius could rip 40k health to ihulk, on theory.
    Perhaps it could work if morbius is well boosted, but I must remind morbius damages randomly.
  • ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 635 Critical Contributor
    Think I'll throw the yaro root support on him and go 535, hopefully the support will make up the difference, looking forward to picking him up 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    @Bad who were you using as a green battery?
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    @Bad who were you using as a green battery?
    Brb. Third wheel one fast to kill okoye. Or kitty/ magneto. In Sim is easier to achieve. 
    I did it another time and Ihulk revives with 1 point health but he always revives.
    Perhaps it was an error before. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited March 2021
    I was able to do it with Apocalypse/BRB/OMD, and for me it took 3 fires of Daken's green to get him there. He revived at 1hp for me, which is kind of what I was expecting it would do. I went with apocalypse because he adds additional protects to the board to speed up the BRB green generation, and OMD was doing about 20k/hit with Shared  Strength on the board. Hardly a viable counter, it ate ton of damage, but it was kind of a fun achievement just the same lol.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    PiMacleod said:
    Wait... Did i read that correctly?

I never thought of it that deeply, but if i interpretted correctly, does OMD's green reduction of max health cause iHulk to revive with less health?
    Yes. If you down iHulk with OMD's Green, iHulk will revive with exactly 1 HP.
  • wasa630
    wasa630 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    I hope that Morbius wont be a non feeder like Elsa and anti venom. Non feeders aren't exciting.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    The traps go off if they are cleared by a match-4 line clear. That is great news for him. I really like his art, and he plays like I like playing. Not sure how long it’ll be before he can survive my MMR but he seems like a good character for the tier.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    Does his black work on web tiles? I never got a chance to match any in the intro. I guessing no since they are neutral rather than enemy special tiles. 
  • Carnifex
    Carnifex Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Does his black work on web tiles? I never got a chance to match any in the intro. I guessing no since they are neutral rather than enemy special tiles. 

They don't work on Web tiles, I just done the intro as well and no luck. 
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Carnifex said:

That's sad for Morbius but maybe good for 2099 and Silk to push their way up the meta. 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    Carnifex said:

Same... Was kinda disappointed, but not surprised.

After all, i dont think i want him to be SUCH a counter that he counters a SAP meta AND a web meta.  
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    Web tiles are considered neutral tiles so it would have been very surprising if they were considered enemy specials.
    I tested this as well and also found it didn't work (thankfully).
    KGB
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    So I guess Morbius' natural foe as a kind of vampire must be....Bl4de? I felt like he was a Spider-Man sort of villainy anti guy, seems like messing with webs would have been comics appropriate. But mechanically speaking, I suppose it's fine he doesn't.
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Today's introducing node was very telling.  Morbius' super cheap blue SAP removal also triggers his passive, destroying more of any enemy special including CDs.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Morbius is not a feeder.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,276 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos said:
    Morbius is not a feeder.
     :'(:'(:'(
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    Theghouse said:
    Today's introducing node was very telling.  Morbius' super cheap blue SAP removal also triggers his passive, destroying more of any enemy special including CDs.

Thanks for that info.
    I've had the worst luck with his Blue. I cast it 3 times yesterday and it was matched away / destroyed via match 4 the 1st 2 times immediately by the AI and the last time I cast it was only a turn before the battle ended. Today the board was Blue starved and I cast it once mid way through and again it was matched immediately (it landed on the only available match 3 - :'( ) so I couldn't even see it in action once.
    KGB