Tyvar Kell: Official Thread

Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards

managreenpng TYVAR KELL managreenpng

At Level 60 (Leveling cost: 79,920)

manawhitepng | manabluepng | +4 manablackpng | manaredpng | +5 managreenpng 

129 HP

Creatures: 7 | Supports: 6 | Spells: 6

"Tyvar is King Harald's younger brother, and he's lived most of his life in his brother's shadow. However, while a famous brother might inspire jealousy or resentment in some, Harald's example inspires Tyvar to seek glory and fuels an irrational confidence that he can accomplish almost anything he puts his mind to.”

Abilities

Whispers of the Einir - Cost 9

Level 1: Create a Whispers of the Einir token. Then, target Elf creature you control gets +1/+1.

Level 2: Create a Whispers of the Einir token. Then, target Elf creature you control gets +2/+2.

Level 3: Create a Whispers of the Einir token. Then, target Elf creature you control gets +2/+2 and gains Berserker.

Level 4: Create a Whispers of the Einir token. Then, target Elf creature you control gets +3/+3 and gains Berserker and Deathtouch.

Elven Ambush - Cost 12

Level 1: Create 3 Elf Warrior Tokens.

Level 2: Create 5 Elf Warrior Tokens. Then, reinforce your first Elf creature.

Level 3: Create 7 Elf Warrior Tokens. Then, reinforce your Elf creatures.

Level 4: Create 9 Elf Warrior Tokens. Then, reinforce your Elf creatures.

The Old Ways - Cost 18

Level 1: Your Elf creatures get +X/+X and gain Deathtouch. X is the number of that creature’s reinforcements.

Level 2: Your Elf creatures get +X/+X and gain Deathtouch. X is the number of that creature’s reinforcements. Those creatures gain Enchanted - When this creature is reinforced: Draw a card.

Level 3: Your Elf creatures get +X/+X and gain Deathtouch. X is 5 plus the number of that creature’s reinforcements. Those creatures gain Enchanted - When this creature is reinforced: Draw a card.

Level 4: Your Elf creatures get +X/+X and gain Deathtouch. X is 5 plus the number of that creature’s reinforcements. Those creatures gain Enchanted - When this creature is reinforced: Draw a card. It gains half of its mana.

Tokens

Whispers of the Einir

(Black, Green) Support Card - Emblem (3) Token

"When an Elf card enters into play under your control: Convert a gem to Green.

When an Elf creature you control dies: Convert a gem to Black.

Each of these effects can trigger up to 4 time(s) per turn."

Elf Warrior

(Green) Creature - Elf Warrior (1/1) Token

Comments

• Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    Create 9 Elf Warrior Tokens

I hope this happens all at once, and not one at a time like March of the Multitudes, or else I hate this guy already.

• Bofur
    Bofur Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Stormcrow said:
    Create 9 Elf Warrior Tokens

I hope this happens all at once, and not one at a time like March of the Multitudes, or else I hate this guy already.

Stormcrow: yes. Trying him out and definitely happens all at once.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    @bofur - What happens when you summon these and have say Path of discovery on the battlefield? That could make Tyvar bad in some instances.
  • Bofur
    Bofur Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    I don’t know what that is, path of discovery.
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    Path of Discovery is a card that procs "Explore" (a keyword from Ixalan that converts gems and sometimes buffs creatures) whenever a creature (even a creature token) comes into play. It's a bit like Whispers of the Einir from Tyvar's first ability but with no limit on how many times it can trigger per turn.

And yeah, running Path with Tyvar will absolutely take its sweet time to resolve after you drop 9 elf tokens on the board.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Stormcrow - thanks. I’m still considering to get Tyvar. This did not eliminate him as hoped.
  • Asylamb
    Asylamb Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    @Oktagon_Support I just had Tyvar use his 3rd ability on his Elf Warrior token stack and 2nd ability next turn (courtesy of Battle Wits in Seize the Day). But, even tho the Enchanted effect says "gains half of its mana", all the cards I drew (and I drew a whole new hand) only gained 2 mana, no matter their mana cost.