**** Morbius (The Living Vampire) ****

Comments

• bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    helix72 said:
    Match 1 special and remove 3 more? This guy is going to suck (pun intended) when he shows up in a PvE challenge node. Worst challenge node ever: 5* Carnage + 4* Morbius + 5* Black Widow?

I'm assuming that removing a special tile doesn't count as destroying it (thus BRB gets no AP), but please tell me if I'm wrong here.

At first blush I'm running him at 5/3/5 vs special tile makers and 3/5/5 vs non.
    I am hoping this BRB note is true as well. But I could see this having not been properly tested and not only will BRB gain AP for it but Polaris will also proc and create even more special tiles rather than empty the board.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    “Remove” keyword has historically not proc’d BRB on other powers
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks ok
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Poor thanos4. He was starting to see some use and then appears this guy.
    He is pretty good against polaris and britty meta, perhaps against apocalypse a bit.
    I wonder when it will appear the 4* that can counter okoye, who is by the fact the one and only team in the top right now. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    The landscape for 4*/5* PvP will change. 

Polaris & Rocket, Polaris & BRB, Kitty & BRB, Kitty & Rocket are the common teams that I've seen even when I'm a 5* player. Apocalypse's repeaters will be affected as well. What Morbius needs is a good 5* to go with him. Feeder-wise, Mr Sinister looks like the right choice.

For those who are unsure of what special tiles mean, you can check the in-game help FAQ or D3Go! website and they will explain it to you.

https://d3go.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=gameplay-tips&f=what-types-of-tiles-are-there&l=en

Technically speaking, removing BRB's protect tiles won't trigger his passive ap gain, unless that character's removing ability is bugged. For example, OMD.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    Bad said:

Don't feel too bad for 4nos.  He is still an important part of my 5e team in SCL10.  Morbius won't replace him in that specific team.  :smile:

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    Think we will see a lot of Thorkoye morbius in pvp and possibly I hulkoye morbius 

interesting character 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:

Don't feel too bad for 4nos.  He is still an important part of my 5e team in SCL10.  Morbius won't replace him in that specific team.  :smile:

In my experience 1* Juggs is better than Th4nos on that team for the challenge node. Half the cost to get his board shake going and more often than not you can get your stun off really fast. I spent 1k hp to roster him but I've already saved a lot of hp in not buying tons of health packs or All AP boosts just to clear the node not to mention my sanity has remained intact. And the last time that 5* Carnage was used I got him stunned almost immediately with very little damage done to BRB. The only downside is that the matches take longer but at least you don't have to worry about getting 12 greens before you can even get things going.

@KGB I never said that the ones that were removed would also be replaced like the initial one that was matched away. You lose four special tiles but you would gain three back. And if you happen to have BRB's blue countdown on the board then you'd gain another protect back.
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    My question is does that black passive work on special tiles in multiples....
    So if you make a match that has say 2 strike tiles does it remove 6 more special tiles? Because it is pretty much worded the same way as with Polaris and hers works that way.
    If that is the case the potential is here for this to really cut down Gritty and even Britty.

• Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2021
    Yeah but 5* are gonna mow through him.  I mean he looks fun but even a game changer like Polaris is totally mowable.  I think that’s why the 4* design seems more of a playground for the devs.  We get more fun stuff there, because none of it will ever break the game.

Edit: I wish we could more small scale counters at the very least in 5* play.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Kwahder said:
    He seems more of an anti-Polaris, and maybe anti-Throg, depending on what kind special tiles he acts on.
    mdreyer93 said:
    Looks fun and I LOVE the art! cheap powers, Polaris and Medusa counter, true heal.... Yes, please
    Yes, he can be a real asset against Medusa/Polaris teams ! Interesting !
    KGB said:
    He's going to totally wreck the Polaris meta (esp in Sim) with his Black and his other powers are super cheap too.
    Like others, I wonder what counts as a special tile (CD's, traps, invis etc).
    Might be fun to run him with Sabretooth (no overlap) and double dip when matching enemy strikes.
    KGB
    He's not just wrecking the Polaris meta.  He is going to hurt the BRBitty and Gritty meta also.  One match of an enemy special tile with full black, three more are gone and Kitty isn't boosting anything and then she is easy picking.  This will be very interesting to see unfold.
    I am going to disagree with all of you... sort of. He has potential to wreck Polaris teams, but where he will really shine is in Polaris/Anti-Polaris teams. Expect to see Polaris users rocking him in order to have an edge over other Polaris teams. His black passive allows Polaris to fully utilize her blue now by creating enemy Strike tiles, then matching them for both Polaris and Mobius passive power activation. His blue is good as a second fire for blue AP or as a back-up in case Polaris is stunned or sent airborne. If the enemy gets a jump start with BRB or Grocket, Mobius's purple might keep Polaris alive long enough to reverse the field. Honestly, his purple traps are actually fairly weak against BRB and Polaris because they swarm the field so quickly that the trap tiles will be replaced frequently. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    If that's the case, we'll see Morbius/Polaris a lot. It's going to smell like IHulkoye vs iHulkoye. Let's see who eats the most damage first.

Against BRB/Polaris, team him up with Kitty and down Polaris last. 10k of free damage every other turn is pretty good. It's like putting them against Karnak and America Chavez.
  • Cannibalqueen
    Maybe not even a tier above Hulkoye, but I think we’ve gathered a few ways to go forward...

1 a 5* quake
    2 someone who messes with enemy team up Ap
    3 someone who clogs or removes green from turn 1
    4 some kind of evolution in match damage meta, where we could potentially kill shot Hulkoye from round one.  Almost like how Prof X Onslaught works.  Like pulling a slot machine..  This would require a character to work with Colosisus for enormous first turn match damage potential.  Probably passive board shaker.
    5 someone to pair with BRB besides Kitty.
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe not even a tier above Hulkoye, but I think we’ve gathered a few ways to go forward...

1 a 5* quake
    2 someone who messes with enemy team up Ap
    3 someone who clogs or removes green from turn 1
    4 some kind of evolution in match damage meta, where we could potentially kill shot Hulkoye from round one.  Almost like how Prof X Onslaught works.  Like pulling a slot machine..  This would require a character to work with Colosisus for enormous first turn match damage potential.  Probably passive board shaker.
    5 someone to pair with BRB besides Kitty.

What about a character that each round turns X amount of Team-Up tiles into their teams strongest color? You would be disrupting the enemy team-up AP and getting possible passive matches and cascades for the match damage meta.
  • Cannibalqueen
    Something like that would be really cool.  Get rid of team up and promote cascades at same time.  I was thinking about that with 5* Namor, maybe play off his existing Atlantis Attacks, but make it passive and maybe something like turn one green tile into a crit every turn.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah but 5* are gonna mow through him.  I mean he looks fun but even a game changer like Polaris is totally mowable. 
    Polaris is tougher in the aspect that she can multiply protects on the board. Morbius not, he needs his healing so he will be more mowable.
    Polaris is like the pencil and morbius like the eraser. The difference is morbius will end sooner than her, as polaris even with a board flooded she still damages and morbius cannot erase his own tiles.
    So, being a really funny to play character Im sure he will never be as popular as her.
    Possibly a third wheel for hulkoye teams for hulk never stopping. 
    Now I want to see a counter for hulkoye teams. 
    For making it balanced, as it should be.