**** Morbius (The Living Vampire) ****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited May 2021 in Character Details
Morbius-NC-1200x628-noctapng

Morbius (The Living Vampire)

4-Star Rarity (Legendary) 
Affiliations: Heroes

"In order to cure his own blood disease, the renowned Dr. Michael Morbius underwent an experimental procedure that gave him incredible powers—but also a horrible urge to consume human blood. He now must come to grips with being a scientifically-created vampire, while still living in the world." 

(Abilities listed at level 70, followed by 270) 3520 Health / 13035 Health
 8 |  10 |  37 |  33 |  9 |  42 |  23 |  3.5x
 11 | 13 |  74 |  65 |  12 |  85 |  43 |  3.5x
Feeding Frenzy -  PASSIVE
(PASSIVE) Once Morbius tastes blood, he must feed until he's sated. When you match or destroy an enemy special tile, removes 1 other enemy special tile and deals 93 damage to a random enemy. (Max level 180 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 127 damage to a random enemy. (Max level 246 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 319 damage to a random enemy. (Max level 618 damage)
  • Level 4: Removes 2 other random enemy special tiles and deals 409 damage to a random enemy. (Max level 792 damage)
  • Level 5: Removes 3 other random enemy special tiles and deals 1049 damage to a random enemy. (Max level 2030 damage)
Hematology - 5  AP
Morbius uses his medical knowledge to sap the enemy's strength while bolstering his own. Destroy an enemy Strike, Attack, or Protect tile and create a 1-turn Repeater tile that restores 41 health to Morbius. (Does not deal damage or generate AP.) (Max level 80 health)
  • Level 2: Repeater tile restores 95 health to Morbius. (Max level 185 health)
  • Level 3: Repeater tile restores 148 health to Morbius. (Max level 289 health)
  • Level 4: Repeater tile restores 256 health to Morbius. (Max level 499 health)
  • Level 5: Repeater tile restores 470 health to Morbius. (Max level 918 health)
In the Shadows - 7  AP
Morbius lies low to ambush his opponents. Creates 3 Red or Black Trap tiles that, when matched or destroyed by the enemy, deal 553 damage and reduce the strength of all enemy Strike, Attack, and Protect tiles by 13. Damage dealt by these Trap tiles permanently reduces the enemy's health for the rest of the battle. (Max level 1078 damage, 24 reduction)
  • Level 2: Trap tiles deal 774 damage and reduce the strength of the enemy tiles by 18. (Max level 1509 damage, 34 reduction)
  • Level 3: Trap tiles deal 995 damage and reduce the strength of the enemy tiles by 23. (Max level 1940 damage, 43 reduction)
  • Level 4: Create 4 Trap tiles dealing 1078 damage and reduce the strength of enemy tiles by 25. (Max level 2102 damage, 47 reduction)
  • Level 5: Create 5 Trap tiles dealing 1394 damage and reduce the strength of enemy tiles by 33. (Max level 2717 damage, 60 reduction)

Release Schedule

All times in Eastern

Release Events:

Story

Introducing... Morbius

• March 25, 2021, 07:00 – April 1, 2021, 07:00

• Rewards Iso-8 and a Heroic Token

• Morbius (The Living Vampire) Shards in Progression rewards

Cosmic Chaos

• March 25, 2021, 07:00 – March 29, 2021, 02:00

• Rewards tokens to the Cosmic Chaos Cover Pack

• Morbius (The Living Vampire) in Placement rewards

Infinite Pursuit

• March 28, 2021, 07:00 – April 2, 2021, 02:00

• Morbius (The Living Vampire) Shards in Progression rewards

Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D.

• March 28, 2021, 08:00 – April 2, 2021, 08:00

• Beast (Age of Apocalypse) in Mission rewards

• Rewards tokens to the Beast & Foes vault

Versus

Real McCoy

• March 25, 2021, 20:00 – March 29,, 2021, 03:00

• Morbius (The Living Vampire) in Placement rewards

Blood Succor

• March 28, 2021, 08:00 – March 31, 2021, 15:00

• Rewards tokens to the Morbius & Friends vault

Offers

Morbius & Friends

• March 28, 2021, 08:00 – April 3, 2021, 08:00

• 80 Item Vault

• 3x 4-Stars

• 1x Random Morbius (The Living Vampire) cover

• 1x Rogue (Classic) cover

• 1x Random 4-Star cover

• 7x Tokens

• 1x Legendary token

• 1x Mighty Token

• 2x Heroic Tokens

• 3x Beginner Support tokens

• 6x Iso-8

• 1x 5,000 Iso-8

• 2x 2,500 Iso-8

• 3x 1,000 Iso-8

• 15x 3-Stars

• 3x Wolverine (Patch) cover

• 12x Random 3-Star covers

• 49x 2-Stars

• 10x Thor (Marvel NOW!) cover

• 39x Random 2-Star covers

Comments

• Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    He’s a heroic monster associated with living and mortality. I know who I reckon he’s feeding.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks really good. Black is a direct Polaris counter.

Is he going to be a feeder?
    Please tell me there's a connection to Hulk...
  • Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    He seems more of an anti-Polaris, and maybe anti-Throg, depending on what kind special tiles he acts on.
  • mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Looks fun and I LOVE the art! cheap powers, Polaris and Medusa counter, true heal.... Yes, please
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2021
    Nice.  Love the art too, glad they went classic comic book with it.  He sounds decent but not anything major.  Good addition.
    if he’s a feeder, I could mayyybe see some surface level way to connect him with Sinister, since they are both pale and working towards weird science in their own ways.

we’ve had worse connections, so maybe, hopefully.  
    Edit: oh just saw the iHulk feeder speculation.  I’d be happy with that too
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 374 Mover and Shaker
    Beast Age of Apocalpyse in notes.....

Copy paste error.   :)

• BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Yes, he can be a real asset against Medusa/Polaris teams ! Interesting !
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was nervous about the art before I clicked, but that art is straight fire. Major kudos to whoever worked on that.
    I like the power set. I wish he was a five. This is a legit specials killer.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2021
    Match 1 special and remove 3 more? This guy is going to suck (pun intended) when he shows up in a PvE challenge node. Worst challenge node ever: 5* Carnage + 4* Morbius + 5* Black Widow?

I'm assuming that removing a special tile doesn't count as destroying it (thus BRB gets no AP), but please tell me if I'm wrong here.

At first blush I'm running him at 5/3/5 vs special tile makers and 3/5/5 vs non.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    If special tiles isn't limited to asd tiles, then he totally neuters most minions too.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    He sounds pretty solid.

While i'm tired of seeing boring 5star, the recent 4s have been so awesome. It really feels like they're trying to create a 4andahalf tier with some of these releases.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh man. If Morbius and Sabertooth make PvP Polaris irrelevant then I better work on my Karnak sooner rather than later
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Other characters treat repeaters and CDs as special tiles along with SAP, but usually not stuff like Eye of Agomatto or Checkov’s Gun. Also web tiles and charge tiles don’t usually count.
  • Sithforever
    Sithforever Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Another good 4 star to shake up game play a bit. Looking forward to this one, and I'd stake the odds of being a IH Feeder  or Sinister as definitely a welcome and fitting addition. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would be interesting seeing a Beast vs Morbius match. Morbius matches away one of your special tiles, and removes another three as well, but then Beast counters by giving you three shiny new protect tiles.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,901 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    It would be interesting seeing a Beast vs Morbius match. Morbius matches away one of your special tiles, and removes another three as well, but then Beast counters by giving you three shiny new protect tiles.

Actually Beast only gives new tiles for ones that are matched away. The extra ones removed by Morbius Black won't be replaced.
    KGB
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Another great 4*, they've been on a roll. Really nice abilities and tool set that serves a purpose. It's sad  they have released such good 4s and simultaneously such trash 5s. 

Between his black and cheap blue, he's special tile board wrecking monster.