***** Colossus (Phoenix Five) *****

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is clearly for now (we need to see if there are more Phoenix 5 releases) just a transition 5, a 5 for 4 players. If sighclops was better and not just a one color char maybe he could be more useful to 5 players, but in his current state I can’t see 5 players using him over BRB for example.

Looks like Devs are not only releasing stronger 4s than 5s, now new 5 releases are also with 4 players in mind.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    AW match damage is incredibly cheesy. Im usually picking him on pve because if Im not doing 6k damage with a matching I feel like Im missing something. And matching a crit ball is almost a laugh.
    Colossus works in the same way. However they share 2 colors. If the next p5 is another matcher with missing colors I would chase him like crazy. 
    But for just 1 color more possibly I will baby champ him and thats all.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,007 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    Options
    I champed colossus in his cp store and now that Kacellius popped up again in lost in time I have found that he at least is useful here.  I teamed him with sabretooth and electra and with his passive I am taking almost no damage from kaecellius.  
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    Options
    I champed colossus in his cp store and now that Kacellius popped up again in lost in time I have found that he at least is useful here.  I teamed him with sabretooth and electra and with his passive I am taking almost no damage from kaecellius.  
    Thanks!  Very interesting.  I hadn't thought of that.  Will give that a shot as that Kacellius level is one of the tougher ones as he scales up.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I having a lot of fun playing new teams build around with him in the sims. 

- Colossus, Onslaught, Killmonger. This is a perfect rainbow team, and every match will tap on Killmonger red passive (150% match increase in opponent strongest colour). If you match yellow, blue or black and this passive triggers, wohoo, colossus can deal upwards of 10k match-3 dmg. if you match a critical tile? This can be 40k damage. 
    - Colossus, Havok, Prof X. I tried to find a substitute for 4* rouge and stumble across Havok. Havok has an outlet for Red, Green and Blue AP. Green can destroy the enemy strike tiles that Colossus black creates. Red creates blue charge tiles which triple Colossus massive match damage. It’s not super fast, but I like the various options available.