Life After Nerf: y’all using Danver5 for anything?

ThaRoadWarrior
ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
Anybody found ANY kind of use for Danver5 after that stealth bombing she took awhile back? It really seems like what’s left of her kit should be good for something novel, but I haven’t found it yet.

Comments

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unfortunately not.  She sits on my back bench with Mr. Sinister and Archangel, only coming out when required or if I need to have a meat shield.
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Her match damage is reasonable so I often use her with Wasp and 3* Thanos to clear the trivial nodes in CL10.  And my team for Kaecilius is CM5/Thor/Patch.

Other than that, no.  She wasn’t very good at release (even with her god boost) and isn’t very good now.   Somehow I missed the few months when people found that novel use for her.

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    @CharlieCroker
    Just curious how does that team work against K-silly?  Which Thor?
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    No. Devs just completely killed her. Pretty annoying what they did with her.... (they should have buffed her a bit to compensate).
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,570 Chairperson of the Boards
    They killed her before I could even get any benefit, so, no.
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    @CharlieCroker
    5* Thor at <50%.  CM5 tanks all colours for me, so just build up green/red and Patch will put out enemy strikes.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    The sad thing is she wasn't even good pre-nerf. She had literally 1 positive synergy and it was useful in exactly 1 PvE node in 1 SCL.
    Horrible nerf.
  • brontag1
    brontag1 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    She's good paired with 3* deadpool and the 2 pick deadpool daily fight ... of course any 5* would work in that place.

• tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Yeah she's a big letdown considering how good her 4/3*s were. Her red repeater always gets matched or destroyed ASAP before it can do anything. It's a shame with abilities like her red D3 doesn't allow you decide where to place it. Green is pretty meh now. I only use her when she's buffed. Her yellow comes in handy sometimes protecting other characters. 

I agree when they nerfed her they should've buffed her other powers, I mean she was very disappointing upon release to begin with. They could have buffed her red making her worth using. 
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    @CharlieCroker
    5* Thor at <50%.  CM5 tanks all colours for me, so just build up green/red and Patch will put out enemy strikes.
    I don't know why but it never dawned on me you could put strikes out to use against him. So many dead undercovered five stars...
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    @CharlieCroker
    I don't know why but it never dawned on me you could put strikes out to use against him. So many dead undercovered five stars...

My go-to is Sabretooth, Domino, and a 5-star that tanks black (I usually use Banner cause... well, he's expendable). Domino generates a lot of black, Sabertooth puts out weak opponent strikes, domino shakes the board when needed.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I like Carbage/Kraven/Prowler|Elektr4|Patch, basically an auto turn taker and somebody who can force feed enemy strikes. Colossus may join that list eventually.

I was just thinking maybe there is some sort of yellow generation synergy to be had with Sighclops for Danver5, but any team I can think of that can do it has like 4 members on it lol.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    Borstock said:
    The sad thing is she wasn't even good pre-nerf. She had literally 1 positive synergy and it was useful in exactly 1 PvE node in 1 SCL.
    Horrible nerf.
    Other than that one team, I would ask "Before the nerf, y'all using Danver5 for anything?"
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I mean sure, she was never that good, I’m just wondering if there isn't anything at all she'd be good for? 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    I mean sure, she was never that good, I’m just wondering if there isn't anything at all she'd be good for? 
    You can try her out with Goblin and 5* Iceman. Goblin fortifies everyone's repeaters and countdowns, so that's a fun team to use for leisure.

Other than that...eh. I guess she can send Vulture airborne?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I remember using C5rol/Polaris and someone else to take advantage of yellow ap gained against those team of Mech or Aim (can't remember which is the one that shifts all your special tiles to the right and destroy all of them at the last column).

The two abilities that I focus on C5rol are her passive yellow ap gain and her green power that gains green ap and destroy tiles. Someone who can destroy the board and has a good yellow power could complement my Polaris/C5rol, but most yellow powers in the game aren't aggressive enough.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    The Danver5 nerf was to break her Polaris synergy I guess; she isn’t mega helpful anymore at board flooding off her green. But you kind of need Polaris to flood the board with strikes for Danver5’s passive yellow, and then you need someone else to destroy the board so you can earn the yellow, and the only yellow board destroyer is 3* The Hood whose yellow hard-ends your turn.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I wonder if there is any War Machine synergy to drop a bunch of attacks in from space?
  • Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    You can try her out with Goblin and 5* Iceman. Goblin fortifies everyone's repeaters and countdowns, so that's a fun team to use for leisure. 
    This is definitely the best team with 5* Carol. In pick two, even just Carol/Norman is really not bad. 

I think I used her with Medusa (when she was boosted) and Polaris (maybe in Women of Marvel?) and Carol added more than I expected, providing a decent green outlet and opportunities for cascades, if nothing else. 
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Stopped using her the moment I noticed her synergy with BRB and Polaris was gone. Swapped in Th4nos and never looked back.