***** Adam Warlock (Infinity Watch) *****

Options
12346»

Comments

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tonypq said:
    I'm  a bit confused how well he'll pair with Sighclops, as far as trying to go crazy with match damage. 

Anyine think AW and Clops will be a good combo, possibly with a 3d character to have a legitimate powerful natch damage team ?

Also is Magneto or AW rotating out next ?

I wasn't planning on chasing AW or Clops, but I was curious how good they theoretically could be together wit a solid 3rd partner. I don't want to overlook these characters and kick myself later. Curious what you guys think. 

It could work...  but they'll fight over yellow, AW actually needs it to heal up, purple can be too unreliable.

The match damage boost would be great, its just everything else about Cyclops that's not great :/
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Been dumping LLs to try to get more AW covers before he leaves. I have mine at level 461. A normal match 3 of yellow does 6012 damage. It’s crazy. Forget about his black passive damage/self damage. His match damage is where it’s at. 

I’m gonna start messing around with Phoenix5 Cyclops and see where it takes me. Mine is only at 1/1/3. 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
     A normal match 3 of yellow does 6012 damage. It’s crazy. Forget about his black passive damage/self damage. His match damage is where it’s at. 

If it's match damage you're after, you might as well go after Colossus.

Adam's base Yellow (lv450) is 866, plus a 113% boost. And that boost only applies when Adam is above 50% health.

Colossus' base Yellow (lv450) is 945, plus a 126% boost. That boost will always be in effect. In addition, Colossus protects himself and his teammates from match damage. Colossus' Yellow also has no active component, meaning you can use it solely for Sighclops' Yellow.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was thinking Domino and Elsa would be a fun partner for him. Domino fuels his AoE and Elsa helps with converting black tiles to yellow, which he can use to heal him.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Options
    I tried running AW with a couple charge tile characters and it’s hit or (mostly) miss. I don’t have 2 charge tile guys that are fast enough to do work (my gambit is only at 2/2/2) and chasing charge tiles in yellow/purple/black is very hit and miss and board dependent. Most of the chargers either create the tiles at random (Throg or lockjaw or jubilee or Negasonic) or in only one color at random (Jane foster, hammercap, 5torm) or in a color that doesn’t really help (havok or 4* beast or 5tarlord). 

However......

Adam Warlock 5/5/3
    Blackbolt 5/5/3
    America Chavez 3/5/5

this right here?..... it works pretty well. You’re not hoping to get charge tiles in only yellow/black/purple. You can pick and choose which ones so that AC starts throwing crit tiles. It won’t take much luck at all. 

My AW is at lvl 461. Match 3s in yellow/black/purple with crits do over 10000 damage. Match 3s with a crit and a charge tile in those colors? It’s over 23000 damage. You’ll likely have your choice of matching a crit for 6000+ damage if it’s not yellow/purple/blackor matching a charged tile for higher than normal damage. Your match damage will get out of hand quick. 

Also, BB is better than all the other chargers, despite his tiles being somewhat randomly placed. Because his passive does 5500+ damage each turn with 4+ charged tiles. Add that to the AW passive damage. And the crazy match damage. And lastly, BB has a considerable active nuke with good board shake. This helps a lot vs Thorkoye teams so you can knock out Thor without having his half-life stuff go crazy. 
  • Tiger_Wong
    Options
    Check that. A match 3 with AW over 50% life in yellow/purple/black with a crit and charge tile in those colors is 30000+ damage. 
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
     A normal match 3 of yellow does 6012 damage. It’s crazy. Forget about his black passive damage/self damage. His match damage is where it’s at. 

If it's match damage you're after, you might as well go after Colossus.

Adam's base Yellow (lv450) is 866, plus a 113% boost. And that boost only applies when Adam is above 50% health.

Colossus' base Yellow (lv450) is 945, plus a 126% boost. That boost will always be in effect. In addition, Colossus protects himself and his teammates from match damage. Colossus' Yellow also has no active component, meaning you can use it solely for Sighclops' Yellow.
    But Colossus does not heal himself which can be a difference maker. Even with the match damage reduction and whatnot, he will always be in front and I know from experience AW takes a beating on the regular from that.
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I like AW in concept, but think I'd prefer Colossus between the two. AW healing is nice but I like Colossus cheap black nuke, his blue isn't amazing but taking out any tile of choice has it's uses. You don't have to yoyo around with the match damage falling off based on health, or healing up if you get a bad board. Must be super annoying not benefiting from the match damage if yellow isn't present to heal up or the other team matched them away. 

You can use him with Apoc or Okoye and not have to worry about who uses yellow. As far as black if using them together you can choose to fire off Colossus black instead at times, dealing the boosted damage while still keeping Apocs protect tiles on board. 

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They are really differents concepts.
    On pvp or pve AW can do it great as he can eat a great nuke, lose his match damage and go acting behind his partners, and at the end of the battle recover all his health, make a great matching, and finally end the battle with more health than he started.