Marvel Puzzle Quest R223 Release Notes (3/15/21)

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited March 2021 in MPQ General Discussion

Hi Everyone - 

Here are the R223 Release Notes!

“Hey, it’s a living…”

• Puzzle battles never looked so good...MPQ gets a makeover! Check out the ALL-NEW Gameboard and tile animations now!
  • Colossus (Phoenix Five) is ready to reinforce the frontline. Recruit now in select events!

Additional Details:

• The gameboard has a new visual style, including new tiles, new AP bars and a new match hint.
  • New tile physics are now available; they can be enabled or disabled in the options screen.
  • The game no longer crashes on startup on specific iOS devices.

Thanks for playing!

Players on Amazon Devices – Please see latest Known Issue FAQ HERE in regards to lost game saves.  Team is currently working on a fix and will keep the FAQ updated with latest details.

Tagged:

Comments

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    The app also now asks you for tracking permission? (iOS)

What's that about?

LakeStone said:
    • New tile physics are now available; they can be enabled or disabled in the options screen.

Thanks for playing!

Lol, this makes tiles a bit 'bouncy' when they fall down the board. Not very useful, but okay.

To be honest, I'd rather have seen an option to reduce flash effects which is still abundant.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've gotten that update asking for tracking permission across apps from many apps today, i think it must be a new OS feature.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Current issues with the new gameboard:

1. The new tiles make it hard to see the "suggested match".   The suggested match is so faint or the prominence of the new tiles are too much making it hard to identify the "suggested match" quickly.
    Maybe my memory is foggy, but the new suggested match "look at me" tile moving animation seems more pronounced now.  
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    It'll take a little getting used to, for sure. But everything does. I won't pass judgement on it (well, not too much) until I've used it a fair amount.
    In fact the only thing I will say is that it's really difficult to adjust to when the board dims on the enemy turn. On the old gameboard, only the background changed, but now the tiles are dimmed as well.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is much easier to see on my iPad. I did think the game was supposed to designed for the phone but maybe I’m mistaken about that
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    CNash said:
    In fact the only thing I will say is that it's really difficult to adjust to when the board dims on the enemy turn. On the old gameboard, only the background changed, but now the tiles are dimmed as well.
    This is really annoying.  I hope they add a setting that would allow this to be turned off.  
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2021
    For starters increase the transparency of the character symbols on the tiles. It´s a match-3 puzzle game and the human eye can more easily recognize colours than symbols. It's even worse for folks that have sensory issues. 

At least let us have the option to go back to classic look. You can keep the current layout, just let us toggle the tile colours.
  • cerrdwyn
    cerrdwyn Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    PorkBelly said:
    This is really annoying.  I hope they add a setting that would allow this to be turned off.  

This. It is also difficult for anyone with eye issues or prone to getting headaches - dimming the board and as dark as it goes, is really hard on my eyes. It makes it difficult to play the game on the regular.  Stop the tiles dimming, and I think it would solve the issue.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    I know we are all sad about the UI, but is anyone else’s after-match rewards that you send to team mates now opening mobile Safari and then presenting a dialog asking if you want to open the link in MPQ? I’m not sure if that’s an OS update or an app update, but it is a new behavior that coincided with this release.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    I know we are all sad about the UI, but is anyone else’s after-match rewards that you send to team mates now opening mobile Safari and then presenting a dialog asking if you want to open the link in MPQ? I’m not sure if that’s an OS update or an app update, but it is a new behavior that coincided with this release.
    Yeah.  Did that to me today too.
  • JaGo
    JaGo Posts: 93 Match Maker
    edited March 2021
    Yes, been happening since the update.

Edit: Since the last mpq update, to be clear.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Did you maybe not accept the Ad Tracking after the update? That might be related.
  • Talestummy
    Talestummy Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Experiencing the same thing and my tracking for mpq is turned on
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I did not accept the ad tracking
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    So probably not an intentional nerf per se, I have to imagine it was never intended behavior, but along with this update G4mora's Deadliest Woman no longer treats charged purple tiles as friendly specials for the purposes of insta-kill. Just thought I'd let y'all know if you lean on it for Challenge nodes and don't want a surprise.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    So probably not an intentional nerf per se, I have to imagine it was never intended behavior, but along with this update G4mora's Deadliest Woman no longer treats charged purple tiles as friendly specials for the purposes of insta-kill. Just thought I'd let y'all know if you lean on it for Challenge nodes and don't want a surprise.
    Ouch.  Not that i specifically leaned on it anymore, but this team is one of my 6 Challenge Node killers.  Good tidbit of info to store away.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    DeNappa said:

To be honest, I'd rather have seen an option to reduce flash effects which is still abundant.
    Awww. That's disappointing. I had hope for 5 seconds that I could come back and play again with the new UI. But that was one of the major issues which made me sick, so without that change, probably not worth trying. Sigh.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Another stealth update: when 4* Scorpion was released, Red was his strongest color and Green his 2nd strongest. The damage numbers have now been flipped and Green is now his strongest color, Red 2nd. Matters if you run him with/against characters with powers affecting strongest colors (e.g. 5* Carpool, 4* Valkyrie, 4* Captain Marvel).