What's New MPQ (Updated 2/25/21)

Options
1235»

Comments

• tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Options
    With the silly designs of D3 especially lately with 5s, not sure I'd hold my breath that they will release another Phoenix teammate that is going to form a Viltron team with Clops and Colossus. I'm not giving D3 the benefit of the doubt as others have. By time the next LL store has at least two really good 5s, we'll all have enough LL tokens and CPs to 550 them heh. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    Options
    At least the remaining 3 members don't already have 5* versions. I think the playerbase would also probably welcome 5* versions of either Namor or Emma so long as they are not built upon their 4* foundations.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I like a character I can situationally respec personally. When there is one obviously correct way to run the character it feels restricting. Also that blue on Colossus is about lateral to Rescue’s, which was underpowered even back then, so I’m not super sure what the plan was there.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2021
    Options
    On the other hand, we have so many characters, it is annoying when you go into a match and you forgot to respec. I like the set it and forget it.

But a power that is so weak and useless they only have effectively 2 powers is not much good.
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I like a character I can situationally respec personally. When there is one obviously correct way to run the character it feels restricting.
    Agreed, really annoying when one power is so bad there is no situation you'd ever really want to 5 cover it. All three powers don't have to be equal but we shouldn't get one ability that feels like it was underpowered deliberately. 
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    I sometimes find that doesn't help me. I am absolutely sure that I am running characters wrongly specced for specific things but never change them out of ignorance/laziness. Then I will read on the forums, often posts by you (ThaRoadWarrior) actually - "Hey, I re-specced to x/x/x and it was great!" Oops...At least if I know the correct way to spec Colossus is 5/5/3 and Talos is 0/0/0 I am not blowing myself up. I was absolutely amazed to see the thought put into how Apocalypse should be properly specced (BlackBoltRocks I believe posted that) to get the overall most amount of damage. My plan is - I like firing black - boom! I have tried to get better but I am still nearly 100% clueless when it comes to 5* land.
    Apolgies for any thread drift here.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    I sometimes find that doesn't help me. I am absolutely sure that I am running characters wrongly specced for specific things but never change them out of ignorance/laziness. Then I will read on the forums, often posts by you (ThaRoadWarrior) actually - "Hey, I re-specced to x/x/x and it was great!" Oops...At least if I know the correct way to spec Colossus is 5/5/3 and Talos is 0/0/0 I am not blowing myself up. I was absolutely amazed to see the thought put into how Apocalypse should be properly specced (BlackBoltRocks I believe posted that) to get the overall most amount of damage. My plan is - I like firing black - boom! I have tried to get better but I am still nearly 100% clueless when it comes to 5* land.
    The calculations for Apocalypse were courtesy of @d@Daredevil217 :)
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    tonypq said:
    I like a character I can situationally respec personally. When there is one obviously correct way to run the character it feels restricting.
    Agreed, really annoying when one power is so bad there is no situation you'd ever really want to 5 cover it. All three powers don't have to be equal but we shouldn't get one ability that feels like it was underpowered deliberately. 

I also think that Active powers should never be deliberately weak if the character has all other powers as passives. 4* Juggernaut comes to mind. I know his blue does a bit of board destruction but nobody is prioritising firing that. What makes it worst is that the hammer is a big deal for this version of the character and then they go and make it utterly irrelevant! We have to collect AP no matter what, at least let us have a satisfying use for it!
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    The calculations for Apocalypse were courtesy of @d@Daredevil217 :)

Then I thank you both but acknowledge I have completely not followed what is assuredly excellent advice!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I realize they can't all be Apocalypse (remember when they couldn't all be C4rol? lol), but there really shouldn't be any characters whose powers get worse as you add covers to them (looking at you, magneto blue). I just really have a hard time imagining who decided a 5* should have a power that costs 9ap and does around the same damage as a basic match from that character. A yellow match-3 does 3,572 damage, and his blue does 3,819 at 5 covers? You'll have done more damage collecting blue AP than you get from firing the power.

The only thing I can figure is that there is another character coming who is active on blue and/or green that you'd prefer to use with him and sighclops? Maybe that character is already BRB? I don't know.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Also that blue on Colossus is about lateral to Rescue’s, which was underpowered even back then, so I’m not super sure what the plan was there.
    Hey, don't hate on Rescue's Blue power. It's actually really quite good when you are facing special tile spammers like Polaris/BRB/Carbage/Carnage etc. It's not the removal of 2-3 specials and the minor damage that makes it good, but changing every other special remaining to Red that causes lots of cascading criticals that makes it good. Yes, it's situational but her Blue is 10x as useful as Colossus and it's a fantastic team-up.
    KGB

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Off topic, but does anyone know if AW will see another event before leaving LL. I’d like to move on and “Sharget” someone else. However it looks like that last cover may not come organically.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Given that the next 5* is expected to enter tokens in almost four weeks from now I think Adam will be featured at least once and most likely twice before he leaves latest legends.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    KGB said:
    Also that blue on Colossus is about lateral to Rescue’s, which was underpowered even back then, so I’m not super sure what the plan was there.
    Hey, don't hate on Rescue's Blue power. It's actually really quite good when you are facing special tile spammers like Polaris/BRB/Carbage/Carnage etc. It's not the removal of 2-3 specials and the minor damage that makes it good, but changing every other special remaining to Red that causes lots of cascading criticals that makes it good. Yes, it's situational but her Blue is 10x as useful as Colossus and it's a fantastic team-up.
    KGB

Oh I think Rescue's power is better, and I suppose it's slightly more viable now post-Polaris than it was in the 10 minutes or so that BRB/Carbage teams were a thing. It just doesn't do any damage and costs a lot. Here are some screen grabs I took way back when I champed her showing what I felt was her primary use, right before Apocalypse came out.

• DaSal
    DaSal Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    Once again, ‘What’s New’ is outdated. We don’t know what’s new, only what’s old 😬😫