Daily Milestones

NemoAbernnigan
NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
Today I did the Daily Deadpools only to find that the Daily Milestones wouldn't be reset for another hour. When and why did they change it so that they don't both reset at the same time? I'm personally annoyed by this change, it's going to make me wait an extra hour to play the Deadpool Dailys or else it'll add a lot of play to reach the requirements for the rewards. I really hope this was a one off error and not a permanent change.

Comments

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think it's anything so intentional so much as the (unexpected) impact of the bi-annual Daylight Savings Time impacts.  Deadpool daily is an hour earlier than normal right now, since the US Daylight savings happened Saturday night.  Once you go through DST (if you do), then it's back to normal.  If where you are doesn't do it, then Deadpool is now just an hour earlier for half the year.

As for Daily Milestones, I think this is the first time we've had DST since their inception.  They may correct it at some point, or it may be an hour off from Deadpool for 6 months.  We'll have to wait and see
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    @LakeStone

I noticed this as well.  While the DDQ correctly reset its timing after the US end of DST, the milestone reset remains unchanged, which leads to an hour of not getting credit for daily milestones.

While it may not impact everyone, I had to delay playing when I wanted to this morning.  I enjoy not having to worry about milestone achievements whilst playing PVE or PVP, and taking my time to do it right with DDQ.

Please kindly pass on to the appropriate folks that Milestone resets should be set back an hour.

Thanks!
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    The sudden lack of coordination between the reset of the DDQ and Daily Quest was the worst mildly inconvenient part of my weekend.  It took a day to adjust. Horrifying.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    The sudden lack of coordination between the reset of the DDQ and Daily Quest was the worst mildly inconvenient part of my weekend.  It took a day to adjust. Horrifying.
    Except it happens every six months like clockwork for the last 2800 days or so.  The regularity of this bug would let you think you could mark the passage of time.  
  • TheDaniel
    TheDaniel Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    I believe it also affected the Ghostpool daily spicy token reward.
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 374 Mover and Shaker
    Could be wrong but I think it has to do with DDQ being on a 5 day timer overall, where as daily quests and spicy tokens are only on a daily timer 🤷‍♂️
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    pheregas said:
    @LakeStone

I noticed this as well.  While the DDQ correctly reset its timing after the US end of DST, the milestone reset remains unchanged, which leads to an hour of not getting credit for daily milestones.

While it may not impact everyone, I had to delay playing when I wanted to this morning.  I enjoy not having to worry about milestone achievements whilst playing PVE or PVP, and taking my time to do it right with DDQ.

Please kindly pass on to the appropriate folks that Milestone resets should be set back an hour.

Thanks!
    Yes, we had DST on Sunday so I imagine that is what is probably happening here.  I will pass along your note.  Thanks!
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Now that Europe has switched to DST, the DDQ timer and the daily milestone timer are off by one hour :(
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    LakeStone said:
    pheregas said:
    @LakeStone

Thanks!
    Yes, we had DST on Sunday so I imagine that is what is probably happening here.  I will pass along your note.  Thanks!
    It's been two weeks now.  Any updates on the milestone reset?  @LakeStone  I've legit almost missed DDQ a couple times now because I can't play it when I would normally play it.