Is this a sign of things to come?

Options
Akoni
Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
Introducing... Colossus node 3 features a Colossus-focused team with the option to use a loaned Emma Frost and/or a loaned Namor. Both of which were members of the Phoenix Five. Could this mean that devs will also be releasing Phoenix variants of Emma and Namor?

...And what about Magik? She was a member of the Phoenix Five. Would devs really only release 4 out of the 5 members?

Comments

• jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Akoni said:
    Introducing... Colossus node 3 features a Colossus-focused team with the option to use a loaned Emma Frost and/or a loaned Namor. Both of which were members of the Phoenix Five. Could this mean that devs will also be releasing Phoenix variants of Emma and Namor?

...And what about Magik? She was a member of the Phoenix Five. Would devs really only release 4 out of the 5 members?
    only 3 of 4 of the fantastic 4 have 4* variants. it wouldn't be unprecedented. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    Options
    There are so many incomplete teams in MPQ, like Runaways, Sinister Six etc. So, it's not a guarantee that all the other three PF will be in the game.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There are so many incomplete teams in MPQ, like Runaways, Sinister Six etc. So, it's not a guarantee that all the other three PF will be in the game.

At least there are 12 members of the Sinister 6 in the game (Vulture, Venom, Sandman, Doc Oc, Green Goblin, Kraven, Mysterio, Scorpion, Kingpin, Carnage, Black Cat, Juggernaut), even if not all of them are affiliated (in MPQ terms).  The poor Runaways got 2 out of their 6/7 (Karolina and Nico; no Alex, Chase, Gert, Molly, or Old Lace).  And the poor Young Avengers (America, Kate, and Wiccan) are missing 75% of their team.
    Nothing beats the Great Lakes Avengers.  They at least got all the trainers (Mockingbird and Hawkeye) which were members of the actual Avengers, but none of the founders, and 2 of the 9 members if you count Deadpool (even though he was kicked out) with the only real one being Squirrel Girl.
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 432 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'd personally be happy to see a high-level version of Namor, but that's assuming they work out some sort of synergy that actually makes them all work (very well) well together.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Okay, I spoke too soon. Magik was present in today's node. Nonetheless, I think there's a decent chance that all five could be released. The real question is whether they will be good. I don't need them to be meta. I just want them to sync well with each other for a fun play experience.