Nicol Bolas third ability doesn't give the resurrected creature the Zombie subtype [Can’t reproduce]

George
George Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
edited September 2021 in MtGPQ Bugs & Technical Issues
Like said in the title, Nicol Bolas third ability doesn't give the resurrected creature the Zombie subtype. The resurrection and the damage work, but the subtype not. So if your got no Zombie on the field to start with there will be no damage dealt either.

Comments

• Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    @Oktagon_Support I will try to get a video
  • TheHunter
    TheHunter Posts: 274 Mover and Shaker
    I came here to post this! It still fetches the creature into play, but doesn't give the zombie subtype, and it no longer does 9 damage, as you say unless there is already a zombie on the field. I have a battle log.
  • Persil
    Persil Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Same here.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards

Thank you for the feedback, this issue will be investigated!

In order to help us, please provide the following information if you have it

• Which Planeswalker? (Full PW Name)

• Which Level?

• Is it related to a mechanic, trigger or ability text?

• All cards in the deck and possible interactions that might have happened.

Thank you,

Marcela.

• TheHunter
    Hi Marcela, 

for me it's Nicol Bolas God Pharoah at level 60

When i use his third ability, Call of the Scarab, he recalls a creature from the graveyard and puts it into play, but doesn't give that creature the Zombie subtype nor assign any damage to my opponent. 

I use this planeswalker with lots of different decks and the third ability has broken for all of them, so no specific cards are involved.

I just tried an experiment in Training Grounds. I used a zombie creature (Foulmire Knight) and had that in play. Urza, Lord High Artificer was in my graveyard. I used the third ability Call of the Scarab to fetch back Urza into play. My opponent was dealt 9 damage by the ability but this was due to the zombie I already had in play. Urza was not given Zombie status. If the ability was working, Urza would have been given Zombie status and my opponent would have received 18 damage.
    SO - it looks like Call of the Scarab still fetches the last creature from the graveyard, it still assigns 9 damage per zombie in play BUT it doesn't make the fetched creature a zombie and so assigns no damage from this.

Hope that's all clear!
    Chris

• George
    George Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    I second Xucachris' post. Tried it with very different decks and creatures fetched. Doesn't matter what deck or cards used.
  • TheHunter
    Hi Rebeca @Oktagon_Support this STILL hasn't been fixed. Today I was playing with, amongst other creatures, Dark Hatchling. It came into play via NB1's third ability, and no damage was done to my opponent. There were no supports or other reasons this should be so, it hasn't worked for 6 months now and is ruining my enjoyment of my favourite PW and the game in general, as well as nearly costing me a few tournament games. PLEASE put a fix in for this.
  • Persil
    Persil Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    It's a sad, sad thing if fixing a bug of a thing which worked fine before, and which causes people to lose ranked games, takes half a year.

Same with Teferi Master of Time's 3rd ability - it's been broken for a year already, since its release.
    Hey guys,
    Thanks for the heads up! I will put this issue under investigation again.
    If you have more information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me.
    Rebeca.

We could not reproduce this issue. If you face it again please let us know.

To help us, please provide us with more details about the issue you are experiencing. All information is important to help our team 😊

Thank you,
    Rebeca.
  • TheHunter
    Thanks for looking into it Rebeca, I'll keep data/screen shots for next time.
  • TheHunter
    Bom dia Rebeca and @Oktagon_Support, can you reopen this please, it happened again just now in the bottom node of Titanomachy!

Positions:
    I already had Esika, Dark Hatchling and Urza in play. On the board I have Fires of invention, Prismatic Bridge, Castle Vantress and Thassa Deep Dwelling. There is also the event supports. My opponent had nothing on the board.

I used NBs third ability which put another Dark Hatchling into play. It did not become a Zombie and no damage was done to my opponent.

These screen shots are from the Titanomachy tournament this morning. They show the battle log, board, and that Dark Hatchling has not become a Zombie:

https://imgur.com/a/VxLK25m

I went to Training Grounds and was able to reproduce this twice and have captured some video this time. You can see that this happened to both Dark Hatchling and Urza when they were summoned using NBs third ability:

https://imgur.com/gallery/gMWv8pt

This is definitely still an ongoing issue, please help!!
    Hello @Xucachris,
    I apologize for the inconvenience this issue is causing and appreciate the additional information. I will ask the team to investigate the problem again.

Thank you,
    Rebeca