Every PW ability locks game

Shivon
Shivon Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
Device model: Samsung Galaxy S9
Operating system: Android 10 (and One UI-Version 2.5)

I tried to play training ground games (Standard and Legacy) with Vraska Relic Seeker, Nicol Bolas God-Pharaoh and Sarkhan Unbroken multiple times. Each (!) game I was stuck in soft-lock and thus lost the game. It always happened when I tried to use a planeswalker ability. I used the first one of Bolas and Vraska and the third one of Sarkhan. It had nothing to do with tokens, no tokens where on the board. I suspect this also applies to all my other planeswalkers and the other events, too, but I am not willing to pay crystals to enter an event just for testing purpose and then just lose the crystals.
Can't finish a game or even win my quests like this.

Comments

• Shivon
    Shivon Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Addition: This started yesterday after the recent update and still persists today.
  • Calira
    Calira Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    This applies to me as well, on IOS. 

Please fix this!
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shivon said:
    Device model: Samsung Galaxy S9
    Operating system: Android 10 (and One UI-Version 2.5)

I tried to play training ground games (Standard and Legacy) with Vraska Relic Seeker, Nicol Bolas God-Pharaoh and Sarkhan Unbroken multiple times. Each (!) game I was stuck in soft-lock and thus lost the game. It always happened when I tried to use a planeswalker ability. I used the first one of Bolas and Vraska and the third one of Sarkhan. It had nothing to do with tokens, no tokens where on the board. I suspect this also applies to all my other planeswalkers and the other events, too, but I am not willing to pay crystals to enter an event just for testing purpose and then just lose the crystals.
    Can't finish a game or even win my quests like this.

Interesting,  I just got a new S21 galaxy and am experiencing the same thing. It's soft locking every time I try to use an ability 
  • Gunmix25
    Note. Tried playing again on the s21 galaxy and cast Withercrown with Ashiok 2. The support didn't trigger. Cast Castle Locthwain and the support didn't trigger any activation gems. Sadly this app is all but unplayable on a Samsung s21 galaxy. 
    @Oktagon_Support
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have been playing Daxos all day on my iPad without any problems using the PW abilities.

Should we try to test some more?

Anyone able to use Daxos first ability to summon a eidolon.
  • T0NYD0MIN0
    T0NYD0MIN0 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2021
    Device: LG G6

Same issue as OP. Just started with the Kaldheim update.

I noticed the opponent also does not use PW abilities anymore. It's sort of like the Immortal Sun is constantly active lol I've been planning decks as if that's the case and still winning.

Also notice other little things not activating like landforming with newer cards from Kaldheim. Continuing to research for now.

-an opponent used cards that should've created snow gems (one creature,one land) but none appeared. 
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards

Hi everyone, 

We have been testing this since the day the issue started but without success.
    Could you confirm if the issue is still happening?
    If so, as much information as you can provide will be much appreciated.

Thank you for your patience,
    Marcela.
  • T0NYD0MIN0
    Softlock is still happening with PW abilities. Opponents not using PW abilities as well.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    Hi @T0NYD0MIN0
    Thank you for the feedback!
    Could you provide more info so we can investigate?
    • A screenshot of the battle log?

• The Planeswalker you were using and its level.

• Which Event and Node.

• All cards in the deck and card that were in play when the issue happened.

Thank you,

Marcela.

• T0NYD0MIN0
    I have tried this in almost every game type with the exact same result of softlocking (training grounds, story mode, current deck events and legacy events) except for Trial of the Planes because I don't play that. I have many PWs and I haven't tried them all yet but so far it's the same problem. No cards were in play and it happened. Tried several different decks and it happened. I have not come across a single situation yet where a loyalty ability didn't cause a lock.

I'm thinking of reinstalling the game and seeing if that changes anything.
  • Gunmix25
    @Oktagon_Support

I was using Ashiok, sculptor of fears 

Deck build:
    Withercrown 
    Hall of Heliod's generosity 
    Orvar,  the all-form
    Tergrid's Lantern
    Black Market
    Whirlwind of Thought
    Castle Locthwain
    Mythos of Nethroi
    Firja's Retribution
    Ruinous Ultimatum

I am playing on the  Samsung Galaxy S21 5G.

Event: Training Grounds, Standard. 

Vs. Domri, Chaos Bringer.

@4:45 pst 03/03/2021

You have my UID via message. 

With 69 life left. I tried to use 18 loyalty for the 3rd PW ability. I had 20 loyalty available. Once I tapped this button to activate the loyalty.  I can no longer interact with the battlefield. I cannot swap gems nor can I press on a support gem to see what it is. I am forced to quit. 

Vs. Bolas, the God-pharaoh.

Problem also exist in which none of my supports are working.

I.e.

I cast Withercrown. 
    Next turn bolas has Urza in play. His power is not reduced  and at the end of the turn, Urza is not destroyed.

I have screen shots of this.

Black market is not generating Black gems.

Tergrid's Lantern is flipping to God mode. But abilities on support that are passive are not working.

Whirlwind of Thought is not giving me loyalty upon casting cards. 

Castle Locthwain is not coverting gems into Black gems nor does it create two activation gems for its draw ability. 

Firja's Retribution does not put an angel in play nor does it advance chapters on the next turn. 

In every case,  whenever a planeswalker ability is activated, the game soft locks. 

• Gunmix25
    edited March 2021
    @Oktagon_Support

Same phone: Samsung S21 galaxy 5G

PW is Garruk, unleashed.

Deck build:
    Elder Gargaroth
    Garruk's Harbinger
    Otrimi, the ever playful
    Cultivate 
    Omen of the hunt
    Animist's Awakening
    Castle Garenbrig 
    Reclaim the Wastes
    Cragcrown pathway

Training Grounds, Standard. 

Vs. Angrath, the flame chained

Cast elder gargaroth
    A few turns later I cast Otrimi and used its ability to mutate on elder Gargaroth.
    My elder attacked but did not return a creature to my hand with full mana. 

Omen of the hunt plays onto the battlefield. No conversion of green occurs.

When I activated Garruk's 1st loyalty. I was softlocked and the battlefield is no longer responding to my touch. Forced to quit match. 

Doesn't matter what planeswalker... they all soft lock if you try to use their ability

Edit: so two problems exist. 1. Planeswalker abilities lock up match. 2. Supports go inactive after casting. 

• T0NYD0MIN0
    I just reinstalled the game and voila, no more issues. PW abilities work, landforming with Kaldheim cards works. Try this, you guys and let us know if that fixes things :)
  • Gunmix25
    I just reinstalled the game and voila, no more issues. PW abilities work, landforming with Kaldheim cards works. Try this, you guys and let us know if that fixes things :)
    Will try this. And will report back. 
    Thank you
  • Gunmix25
    It worked! I have a suspicion that when I transferred apps to my new phone it didn't carry over the permission authorization. I was asked to do this, and now the app works