**** Beast (Age of Apocalypse) ****

Comments

• MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2021
    Is his blue not working properly?  It's not stunning anyone when the countdown expires.  Also it only seems to create black attack tiles.  I don't think I've seen green.  

Edit: I see green attack tiles now but stun still not happening.

• tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    MrPlow said:
    Is his blue not working properly?  It's not stunning anyone when the countdown expires.
    When I used him in the Shield event earlier his countdown stunned an enemy for me. 
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2021
    tonypq said:
    MrPlow said:
    Is his blue not working properly?  It's not stunning anyone when the countdown expires.
    When I used him in the Shield event earlier his countdown stunned an enemy for me. 
    I was playing the Introducing event and the loaner.  Not sure if that makes a difference.

Edit:. OK now I noticed Bishop cannot be stunned.  Just weird that "immune" didn't show up beside Bishop when the countdown expires like it did on Beast when Bishop tried to stun him.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2021
    MrPlow said:
    Is his blue not working properly?  It's not stunning anyone when the countdown expires.  Also it only seems to create black attack tiles.  I don't think I've seen green.  

Edit: I see green attack tiles now but stun still not happening.

Are you trying it in of those one-on-one matches that don't allow stunning?
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m really liking AoABeast’s synergy with Apocalypse. 
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    In ABeast PVP, BRB with Kitty or Polaris has been fun as well.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    In ABeast PVP, BRB with Kitty or Polaris has been fun as well.

BRB+Polaris are fun, but those retals are like old school Thorkoye retals.I got lit up. Two 4's and a 5 just doesn't cut it.
  • Wil88
    Wil88 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Vulture worked really well for Day 3 of Beasts’s Welcome to shield against Thing StarLord Mordo. 

Got up to 30 black by the end and his last match did over 100k. (3 charged blue tiles)
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    I don’t know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but Dark Beast can be used on the same team as regular Beast. 

I assume this is a deliberate decision as they have fought and existed in the same realities at various points. 
    He is a legitimately different character, rather than the Angel / Archangel debacle, or the inverse situation of the Mjolnir Club (Jane foster cannot be used with gladiathor, but HammerCap can be used with the other thors)
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    I kept wiping on the Thing/Star-Lord/Mordo node. I used Legion as my third, and I couldn't keep an invisibility tile up. On my final try, I accidentally put myself in a position where I COULDN'T make Legion invisible, and Dark Beast was using all that black AP to hit like a tinykitty truck. I won that one easily.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrEd95 said:
    I don’t know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but Dark Beast can be used on the same team as regular Beast. 

I assume this is a deliberate decision as they have fought and existed in the same realities at various points. 
    He is a legitimately different character, rather than the Angel / Archangel debacle, or the inverse situation of the Mjolnir Club (Jane foster cannot be used with gladiathor, but HammerCap can be used with the other thors)
    There is no lore reason for this, it’s a code thing where characters with the same “first name” are mutually exclusive regardless of their fiction.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    America Chavez was helping Dark Beast to chew off the third Thing/Starlord/Mordo nodes. Critical matches was ridiculous.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    I took carnage5 for to gain more AP without thriggering starlord. Beast ate a killing jumping boots and stood with 2000 health like a champion. 
    After that I flew him with carol, perhaps 3 times. When he landed carnage made him deliver some blows before flying another time.  
    Finally carnage killed thing and died. I  could stun mordo with a TU, and wrecked beast took them on 2 turns with 30 black AP.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker
    America Chavez was helping Dark Beast to chew off the third Thing/Starlord/Mordo nodes. Critical matches was ridiculous.
    Thanks for that. That was super fun!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    America Chavez sounds like a good idea, I will try that - thanks Hound!
    In other news- I really do love his chemical test tube brewing animation, it is delightfully evil!
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    In other news- I really do love his chemical test tube brewing animation, it is delightfully evil!
    I agree about his animation. His artwork in general is on point. Perhaps they do listen to us! 
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    That one is a good companion to normal Beast's test tube animation.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    How much was your success affected by the presence of the enemy Beast? He does create special tiles for your Medusa and Polaris.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    This beast is great for apocalypse or kitty teams. Not for hulkoye. By the fact hulkoye teams are more like Ltd.
    Beast and polaris could take more advantage from spammers like brb or grocket when taking on the Ihulk gamble.
    Luck plus wasting resources when facing hulkoye teams, nothing new.