Scaled Medusa/Carnage Counter?

winter37
winter37 Posts: 54 Match Maker
So this new challenge node is a first, since I've burnt up all my health packs and haven't even beat it once with every cheesy combo I can think of (Okoye/Hulk/Whoever, BRB/Polaris/4*Thanos, etc). Medusa just scales too well, and the usual counters for that combo are too weak at CL!0 to do anything. Has anybody had any luck here?

Comments

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    I got through it once with 5-star Hawkeye, Coulson, and G4mora.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sometimes you just have to use Vulture/iHulk with all the +black AP you can start with, and on this one you could even attempt running that boosted Magneto in between?
  • winter37
    MegaBee said:
    I got through it once with 5-star Hawkeye, Coulson, and G4mora.
    This worked on a first pass for me!
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep.  This is the HARDEST CN by far (IMO).

I did a Hawk5ye/Coulson/G4mora clear as well... But 2nd time through, they hit too hard too fast (unless your starting board luck is stellar).

The other 2 clears i did with boosted 5* (baby-champ Mags), who tanked for Medusa and D3adpool, so i could whales them.

I think its worth noting that even though a player's medusa is nothing like the computer medusa, it was still very helpful in generating AP.  Might be a tactic in there...
  • winter37
    Sometimes you just have to use Vulture/iHulk with all the +black AP you can start with, and on this one you could even attempt running that boosted Magneto in between?
    Good thought, but Magento gets squished too fast, and iHulk's damage can't keep up with Medusa's healing without Okoye
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    winter37 said:
    Good thought, but Magento gets squished too fast, and iHulk's damage can't keep up with Medusa's healing without Okoye
    I dont believe iHulks purpose in this scenario is to do damage... Of course if he does, nice.  But i think (correct me if im wrong) that its to keep rezzing, while getting AP to keep the flyboys airborne (namely vulture).  

Now as for the medusa/healing bit, im not sure how vulture is supposed to keep up with the healing, but i guess as long as he's up in the clouds, there's a chance...?  If running Mags too, his blue costs 10, so you'd have to be careful enough to throw Mags in the air before Vulture passively uses it.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited February 2021
    Correct - you are using Hulk to chase black primarily, and fire his red for 30k damage when you have it and there are no available black matches. In the event you are bringing Magneto, Vulture will be grinding blue for you. So go ahead and chase yellow with hulk.

this may also be a time for Onslaught and Yellowjacket to shine by going invisible, just make sure you get rid of the AOE wielding Carnage as son as you can.
  • Coolguy101084
    Coolguy101084 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    I failed with many teams. Hulk, Vulture and Mehgneto worked for two wins. I whaled them the third in Scl 10
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Anybody try Throg on a team yet? He slays tile spam and if you’re matching blue is untouchable
  • shobi6669
    shobi6669 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Cheesed it with winfinite (BRB/Polaris/4*Thanos) for the first 3 clears, but I do not think it will work on the last two.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    BRB/Polaris/1* Juggernaut slept through the 4th and 5th clear with +4 blue and green ap. Time taken for the 4th clear is 4 min 15 sec with this team.

Support used: none.

Edit: here's a video of this team used to beat the 4th clear.

https://streamable.com/huupso
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    I did BRB/ Polaris/Okoye once , first move was a blue match 5 though, immediately stunned Carnage , then locked Medusa a few moves later , eventually everyone stun locked 
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Anybody try Throg on a team yet? He slays tile spam and if you’re matching blue is untouchable
    I have him champed but he didn’t last long with no blue matches 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    First 2 clears with Thorpocalypse + BRB. 3rd clear with Britty + Polaris.

This fight is toxic. Not looking forward to the last 2 clears at 450.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    BRB/Polaris/1* Juggernaut slept through the 4th and 5th clear with +4 blue and green ap. Time taken for the 4th clear is 4 min 15 sec with this team.

Support used: none.
    You did this on SCL10?
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    You did this on SCL10?
    The CN only exists in SCL 10 ;)
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    shobi6669 said:
    Cheesed it with winfinite (BRB/Polaris/4*Thanos) for the first 3 clears, but I do not think it will work on the last two.
    Same. Making sure to stun Medusa as early as possible, I took in AP boosts every time as well.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited February 2021
    Man, I ran SO many teams trying to get through clear 4, and it was so rough.  I don't keep 1* Juggernaut on roster, so I had to try that winfinite with 5torm or Th4nos, and neither could hang into round 4. Ultimately after wiping out my entire 5* roster and some of my novelty 4*s like Mr. Fantastic and boosted Shuri/Prowler (SURELY some kind of Heimdall play would work here, right? wrong), I had to fall back on Vulture/GE Doom/iHulk for clear 3, and Polaris/Th4nos/brb for clear 4 with tons of starting AP and some lucky start of game match 5s. Wild
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    You can replace 1* Juggernaut with 3* Storm, but they are slower.

https://streamable.com/3r8skt
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ok that's pretty funny. Gotta try that out later.