Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    Took 1st place in DDQ today. Hooray for useless victories.  B)
    Same here.  Even took a screenshot! :)
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Had the iso to champ 4* #46 today. Wasn't sure who to go for- lots of choice, I have like 25 4* fully covered and waiting for iso.
    The boosting list this week isn't too favourable to me, so I settled on... Eddie Brock Venom. Then I took my freshly champed Eddie and climbed the Miles pvp to 900pts with him (well, 850, didn't shield fast enough after hitting 900).
    Granted, I had to resort to Polaris (for context-- I don't usually climb with Polaris.) But on the flip side, boosted Eddie/Polaris did well vs enemy Polaris teams too, since his green/yellow punishes enemy tile spam.
    I really like it when a fresh champ gets to be immediately useful!
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    #1 player in the #1 alliance in the boss event!!

I’ve done the DDQ no-prize before, but this one is new for me (and yes I was absolutely gunning for it). 

And... I got it on my birthday!
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    And... I got it on my birthday!
    Happy Birthday @Daredevil217
    I was happy to make a solid contribution on this boss event with my alt account - running a 1/2/1 Kitty Pryde, 1/1/1 Polaris and almost-champed Grocket.  Made personal progression, and the ally got to the final round even if we didn't finish it.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    10 match 5’s in a row to start the battle, #11 was on the board but the battle ended . This was a 5E battle 
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    I decided to spend a few tokens on Latest Legends to see if I could snag Adam Warlock for extra points in the Strange Sights event. I didn't want to spend too much since I'm hoarding for a future release. My pulls in order were:
    Cyclops (first and only cover)
    Yondu
    Sandman
    Adam Warlock (first and only cover)

Best luck I've had in LL since Ghostpool.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bought a ten pack from the Colossus store to try to get a cover.

I didn't, but I did end up getting 5 4* covers which I feel pretty good about.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champed two 5*s: GED and Daredevil.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just used lvl 250 Polaris in PvP and PvE. I’m pretty sure she is better than all my champed 4-star characters as is. Boosted Grocket probably helped quite a bit
  • Sekilicious
    Okay, champed Polaris is insane. She has opened the game up for me almost completely, especially PvP and I'm still exploring PvE (SCL7 was way too easy). Please never nerf her. 
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Okay, champed Polaris is insane. She has opened the game up for me almost completely, especially PvP and I'm still exploring PvE (SCL7 was way too easy). Please never nerf her. 
    The Okoye / Polaris/ any third team will obliterate all PvE through SCL 9 in a few turns . The speed players will never allow either to be nerfed 
  • Sekilicious
    edited March 2021
    The Okoye / Polaris/ any third team will obliterate all PvE through SCL 9 in a few turns . The speed players will never allow either to be nerfed 
    I’m torn between Okoye and Kitty. I have Kitty favorited at the moment but Okoye makes sense for numerous characters. Maybe with Morbius out I should lean more towards Okoye.  I heard that Juggernaut, Grocket, and Polaris can handle SCL9 (except the 5* node) so I might as well start there. 
  • Sithforever
    Sithforever Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    23 Pulls 9 5s from Special Store today.
    3 Kitty Pryde
    3 Beta Ray Bill
    3 Doctor Strange
    39%...Yes please.
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    @Sekilicious - there’s an argument for both I think, either Okoye or Kitty will help you for sure.  If you’re really enjoying Polaris’ powers tho, Kitty is just so fun.    To me the two just complement each other so well that I enjoy playing them even if maybe other teams might be faster sometimes.  It’s just such a satisfying combo.
    where’s your BRB at?  This new Strange store sounds like it might be perfect for you.

• Sekilicious
    @Sekilicious - there’s an argument for both I think, either Okoye or Kitty will help you for sure.  If you’re really enjoying Polaris’ powers tho, Kitty is just so fun.    To me the two just complement each other so well that I enjoy playing them even if maybe other teams might be faster sometimes.  It’s just such a satisfying combo.
    where’s your BRB at?  This new Strange store sounds like it might be perfect for you.

Yeah, I made 10 pulls and got two BRB covers, green and blue. I’m hoping for a yellow before this store disappears so I have a more reliable winfinite. I’m happy with him at least being started. 
  • Sithforever
    Sithforever Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Matters of Time and Space....9 more pulls got me 4 5s for 44%. Rationalized doing the pulls as rarely do we get a store with three playable 5s. 2 Kitty Pryde and 2 Dr Strange!
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Playing the Mordo/Thing/Star-Lord node in Morbius's 'Welcome to SHIELD' event...

Using my level 405 4/3/3 iHulk and the loaner Morbius (L300 3/2/2 Phoenix Jean was just dead weight here honestly). Taking advantage of Morbius repeaters to regenerate health, and his passive to eliminate specials (SL's countdowns and the attack tiles from enemy Storm team-up)... And Hulk doing his thing with eating big attacks and hitting the red SMASH button. 

Yes it was still easy to lose, I won on the 4th or 5th attempt, but eventually had some good RNG where the enemy AP gain was spread out enough so they couldn't often fire multiple powers on the same turn; that was the most common factor in losing earlier (Hulk dying to a big hit, forcing Morbius in front to soak another big hit), 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Woke up early today and decided to play a lightning round that had about 20-30 minutes left in it. I grabbed top 50 with like ten seconds to spare and got my two heroics. Then cashed them in and ended up pulling two 4s.

Not too bad. Not too bad.