ammenell said:
    dark beast, Polaris, any tile creator
    match a special, create 3 more
    enemy matches a special, create 3 protects
    that could be the Hulkoye hunter team. 
    Hulkoye will kill them both in 2 turns 
    im not looking for 550 okoyes. 
    i need skips to find even 450 ones. 
    Polaris can take 4 aoes here at 4*/5* land. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:

So pretty much all feeders have some sort of thematic link.

What about America and Jessica? They're both badass ladies who like to hit other people?

Jubilee and Phoenixjean is slightly less tenuous, since they're both X-Men (X-Women?), but 4* Jean would have made more sense, especially since she doesn't feed any other 5*.

Other not-so-obvious ones include 3* Thanos feeding Spiderwoman, and 3* Thor feeding Red Hulk.

America Chavez and Jessica Jones - yeah, OK that one is a bit weird. Possibly America Chavez replaces all those windows Jessica keeps breaking? Or they are secret whisky buddies.
    SpiderWoman and Thanos - uhm, ah, yeah that is because of that, uhm, thing...did they maybe meet through online dating?
  • DAZ0273
    My head canon for why Thanos feeds Jessica Drew is that a “spider woman’ is commonly associated with the noir femme fatale trope.
    and comic book Thanos is infatuated with death.  So maybe it’s not a direct character reference and more playing off the name.  I can live with that.

I didn’t know Moonstone was originally a Hulk villain.  That’s interesting and explains that one.

but 3* Thor and Red Hulk still and also America and JJ.  I don’t know.  At one point feeders just must have been a bigger priority for them.  So some loose connections at best

The most tenuous link I can find between 3* Thor and Red Hulk is that Thor fought against him wearing that particular armour (I think). I mean, that is fairly weak but it is the only thing I can think of.
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Anon said:
    Moonstone feeding Hulk was always super weird to me.
    Specially since Sentry is a 3* and a Dark Avenger.
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Probably the wrong thing to be concerned about but Dark Beast and Beast are technically different characters in the Marvel Universe. Will we be able to use them together?
  • DAZ0273
    Jacklag said:
    Anon said:
    Moonstone feeding Hulk was always super weird to me.
    Specially since Sentry is a 3* and a Dark Avenger.

My guess would be that they (or Marvel) wanted all the primary  3* Avengers (Cap, Thor, Widow, Iron Man, Hulk) at that time to be fed. IM40 used to be fed by 2* Hawkeye and so only Hulk was missing a feeder and the only character with any sort of link is Moony. They changed it so 2* Hawkeye fed 3* Hawkeye.
  • DAZ0273
    Jacklag said:
    Probably the wrong thing to be concerned about but Dark Beast and Beast are technically different characters in the Marvel Universe. Will we be able to use them together?

Sadly for 3* Beast this is probably not a question many MPQ players will be asking themselves...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    his name is Beast (age of apocalypse), which conflicts with Beast (classic) in that they share their primary name, and that seems to be the only indicator of why some characters can and can't be played together mechanically without a specific code exception. There are just a few exceptions to this, Scorpion and 1* Venom (both mac gargan), and I think that's it unless Old Man Daken locks out lesser Dakens - both of which we were told were happening in their character threads as I recall. But TA Hulk and banner hulk's are different people, can't be played together, 4 and 5* Ghost Rider are different people with different demonic riders and can't be run together, Jane Foster can't be run even with Gladiator Thor who doesn't have Mjolnir on him. And yet Angel and Archangel can be played on the same team at the same time, even though they are the same person from different eras of continuity. Ghostpool can be run with either Ghost Rider (but not both) even though he seems possessed by The Spirit of Vengeance, though it isn't clear if that's Zarathos (johnny blaze's spirit), or the dead uncle one that possesses Robbie Reyes
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Dark Beast has cool animations and art, I like him for sure. His AP gathering ways may open up some better/different PVE options from red/yellow/green teams involving Thor. No animation associated with his passive though; but that's probably fine in the end.
  • BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Someone posted a screen shot that confirms Dark Beast feeds Apocalypse. Rejoice. 
    Thanks for the tip ! Can you tell which color is given out at rank 280 ? 😉
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Someone posted a screen shot that confirms Dark Beast feeds Apocalypse. Rejoice. 
    Thanks for the tip ! Can you tell which color is given out at rank 280 ? 😉
    Outside of Jessica Jones it's always the top color, right?
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    Oh glorious morning!

Edit: OK after playing him, his Blue covers green tiles really quickly.

We couldn't have this in a 5*...why?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    after playing him in the one event I am really interested to see him against opponents who match tiles and a tile spammer like BRB/Polaris combo.  The build up of Green AP is nice but wasted in the into match.  I wonder if Teen Jean, storm, or X23 would have been better partners 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    He will be my new best buddy.
    Another time releasing order has been skipped into right relationship feeding.
    Who will be the next feeder? Place your bets at each new 4* release.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    I don't see anyone mentioning this: Beast's match damage will be updated with every black ap that you have. With enough black ap, he will tank every colour in 4* land, and maybe even 5* land, as the match progresses.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    I don't see anyone mentioning this: Beast's match damage will be updated with every black ap that you have. With enough black ap, he will tank every colour in 4* land, and maybe even 5* land, as the match progresses.
    I noticed, but it requires a lot of black AP depending on his allies. He'll easily tank for black, blue and green on some teams. He'll tank for other fellow 4* after a few black matches, but champed 5* will require much more black AP.

I'm not yet sure how well he works with Domino. I don't use Okoye as I don't have a good one, but I'm assuming he is a poor teammate for her.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Using his lowest match damage, you need 12 black aps to tank all colours in 4* land, assuming all at 270, with the exception of Juggernaut, America Chavez and Karnak.

11 * (1+ (12*57%)) = 86.24

The highest match damage for 5* is 922.

The below is the minimum number of black ap needed to cross over 922.

85 * (1+ (18*57%)) = 957.1
    74 * (1+ (21*57%)) = 959.78
    65 * (1+ (24*57%)) = 917.15

Anyway, you can match damage opponents to victory in his shield training. I used Polaris, Domino and America Chavez. I find that Domino is the best partner for him in this node. I'm excited to use Polaris tomorrow, and not Domino because Mockingbird is in that node.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    Jacklag said:
    I was able to use them together in Welcome to Shield.