**** Beast (Age of Apocalypse) ****

Comments

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    Anon said:
    Now that I think about it, Mags is still in Latest. Have they ever had a character that fed another still in Latest?
    Good point, but he won't be once beast is out
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    Omegased said:
    Anon said:
    Now that I think about it, Mags is still in Latest. Have they ever had a character that fed another still in Latest?
    He will.

Beast will be released this Thursday 25 Feb.

Mags will be replaced by Sighclops in Latests on 8 Mar.

@Anon iirc, 4Prof became a feeder for 5Prof while the latter was still in Latests.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    So it's been a thing? Damnit. There goes my moment of hope.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    4* C4rol fed 5* C4rol while she was still in latest.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    So here's what I'm gathering:

1) Everyone will get feeders eventually
    2) There do not appear to be any appreciable patterns to who feeds who when, other than the characters usually will have some kind of tie-in from the comics
    3) We've established that the tie-in for Beast could be Apoc OR Onslaught OR Mags

So I think the odds are high it is one of those 3, but beyond that, we're just speculating.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    Of course this is rigurous speculation.
    But the 3 new feeders are new 4*. They are close related and in same affiliation( throg and BRB, red guardian yelena, scorpion and carnage being Spiderman enemies). And they are skipping the releasing order.
    So it seems feeder rules had changed right now, judging by the facts.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    helix72 said:
    So here's what I'm gathering:

1) Everyone will get feeders eventually
    2) There do not appear to be any appreciable patterns to who feeds who when, other than the characters usually will have some kind of tie-in from the comics
    3) We've established that the tie-in for Beast could be Apoc OR Onslaught OR Mags

So I think the odds are high it is one of those 3, but beyond that, we're just speculating.
    I’d replace Onslaught with Sinister. 
    Bad said:
    Of course this is rigurous speculation.
    But the 3 new feeders are new 4*. They are close related and in same affiliation( throg and BRB, red guardian yelena, scorpion and carnage being Spiderman enemies). And they are skipping the releasing order.
    So it seems feeder rules had changed right now, judging by the facts.
    The only “rule” that seems to be changed is that feeders are now tied to new 4* releases if they can somehow affiliate that release to a current unfed 5*. All other feeder decisions that they’ve made have been pretty on-brand for how they’ve always done it. 
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Also not everyone will get feeders. Unless they go back to old 4*s which I don’t think they plan to.  So there’s always going to be a deficit.  Every unfeeder 4* like Silk that comes out is only going to widen that deficit.  I’m fine with that tho.

I also think Sinister is a pretty likely candidate for this Beast.  He fits the lore and also he’s one of the oldest unfed 5*s.
  • mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    KGB said:
    Also no one was calling for another Beast variant so the fact he's coming out of nowhere with a name reference to Apoc who is hard to get a natural feeder for is why everyone is excited about him as a feeder.
    KGB
    I've been answering Dark Beast to the new variant character polls for years. Beast is a founding X-man and is very popular so it seemed ridiculous that his only representation in-game was a 3*. I guess it was this or cat-beast (shudder)... 
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2021
    dark beast, Polaris, any tile creator
    match a special, create 3 more
    enemy matches a special, create 3 protects
    that could be the Hulkoye hunter team. 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    That might work in sim but are you really going to run Polaris and Dark Beast against Hoko in PvP?
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    ammenell said:
    dark beast, Polaris, any tile creator
    match a special, create 3 more
    enemy matches a special, create 3 protects
    that could be the Hulkoye hunter team. 
    Hulkoye will kill them both in 2 turns 
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    Omegased said:
    Anon said:
    He will.

@Anon iirc, 4Prof became a feeder for 5Prof while the latter was still in Latests.
    Hey, you're not wrong, but i actually mean when Beast will be in tokens.

he won't be in tokens until another month or so? Mags will be gone in two weeks
  • BlackBoltRocks
    Omegased said:
    Omegased said:
    Anon said:
    He will.

Hey, you're not wrong, but i actually mean when Beast will be in tokens.

he won't be in tokens until another month or so? Mags will be gone in two weeks
    Then you should have specified that.

Silk will be added at the start of next season, which will be 4 Mar. I believe Beast will be added in the season right after that, so yes a considerable time after Mags has left Latests.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:
    That was before. And 4* versions gave 5* versions. And some of them without being related like thor 4 and storm or hulk main event and loki.
    When they did it covers were adding at logging.
    But now it seems it wont be the same as before, if not they already would do it with elsa ,polaris ,antivenom ,maria, karnak, legion, etc...
    Main Event and Loki have links to each other from both the original Avengers film and Thor Ragnarok. Jane Foster Thor and Storm - easy, before Jane became a female version of Thor there was a previous one in the Asgardian Wars storyline in X-Men where Storm did so.

So pretty much all feeders have some sort of thematic link.

Oh and Moonstone debuted as a Hulk villain, hence the link.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards

I also think Sinister is a pretty likely candidate for this Beast.  He fits the lore and also he’s one of the oldest unfed 5*s.
    This. If you read the story you see that Dark Beast actually works directly for Sinister who is one of Apocalypse's Horsemen.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    DAZ0273 said:

So pretty much all feeders have some sort of thematic link.

What about America and Jessica? They're both badass ladies who like to hit other people?

Jubilee and Phoenixjean is slightly less tenuous, since they're both X-Men (X-Women?), but 4* Jean would have made more sense, especially since she doesn't feed any other 5*.

Other not-so-obvious ones include 3* Thanos feeding Spiderwoman, and 3* Thor feeding Red Hulk.
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2021
    My head canon for why Thanos feeds Jessica Drew is that a “spider woman’ is commonly associated with the noir femme fatale trope.
    and comic book Thanos is infatuated with death.  So maybe it’s not a direct character reference and more playing off the name.  I can live with that.

I didn’t know Moonstone was originally a Hulk villain.  That’s interesting and explains that one.

but 3* Thor and Red Hulk still and also America and JJ.  I don’t know.  At one point feeders just must have been a bigger priority for them.  So some loose connections at best