**** Beast (Age of Apocalypse) ****

Comments

• Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2021
    I never read the Age of Apocalypse comics, but just looking into his lore, it seems he could just as easily feed Mister Sinister. Which I can imagine them wanting to do since he’s older.  Wait and see I guess, but feels like for sure he’s gotta feed one of them.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    Code red was a vault with ghostpool and carnage5 shards.

Right now, answering myself to my own question, feeders theme is quite messy .

The last 2 feeded 5* were iceman and PX. In their original order of release, next 2 were carnage5 and BRB. 
    However there are a lot of newer 4* releases who dont feed anyone, like antivenom and elsa bloodstone.
    So the new feeders are certain new 4* releases. 
    What its more, the order was totally altered with red guardian feeding yelena who appeared a lot later with havok, Ihulk and perhaps apocalypse .

So my final conclusions are:
    there is a neat relationship between the feeders and 5*.
    The feeders are not finished yet and it will take a long time.
    They cannot announce it because it will be a big spoiler (in the case they already know it).

(Red guardian was released to give us spider silk pve so it could happen that the order was circunstantially altered for that)
  • Coolguy101084
    Coolguy101084 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    I bet Devs have made him a feeder for Magneto...
  • Coolguy101084
    Coolguy101084 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    I will definitely play him with black ap builders Sto5m, Domino, Valkyrie, Cloak, and Elsa. Getting 30 black should get a 4,000+ in a match 3
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I will definitely play him with black ap builders Sto5m, Domino, Valkyrie, Cloak, and Elsa. Getting 30 black should get a 4,000+ in a match 3
    Too bad he's a 4 and will be dead long before he gets that much. Sounds like it would've been fun.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    Anon said:
    Omegased said:
    What’s really interesting there is he has VERY good chances of feeding Apocalypse.
    How do you figure there's a "VERY good chance"?

Wouldn't he have JUST as much chance to feed Magneto?

I worry making statements like this, because we'll all be sad if it doesn't happen.
    Yeah I'm also a "Don't count your chickens before they hatch" kinda guy, but a big reason why I believe he'll be feed Apocalypse is because this Beast is a villain, whereas AoA Mags is a hero.
    4* Kingpin feeds 5* Daredevil.
    4* Gamora feeds 5* Thanos.
    Magik feeds Hela.
    Invisible Woman feeds God Doom.
    MEHulk feeds 5* Loki.
    Miles Morales feeds 5* Kingpin.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Beast's going to feed Magneto. This hotcake will make players chase him, and "force" players to get Magneto's covers. 

If you are waiting for Apocalypse's feeder, wait for a bottom tier Mutants to be released.  Remember Kitty and Emma Frost? :D
  • BlackBoltRocks
    KGB said:

Apoc who is hard to get a natural feeder for
    There is already a "natural" feeder for Poccy. His name is Lucas Bishop. But the devs refuse to use already-released 4* as feeders, so that they won't have to give out a whole bunch of backlogged rewards.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    TheXMan said:
    For his blue passive, it says:
     "PASSIVE) If a friendly match includes a friendly special tile, gain 1 additional AP. (Max level strength 9 tile)"

If you match more than one special, do you get AP for each?

And why the max level part at the end?  Typo?
    Based on the wording, it will work like 3* Doctor Octopus's black passive, multiple special tiles in a match will only trigger the benefit once.
    The max level part at the end is a reference to the Attack tiles created by the countdown from the active part of the blue power.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Anon said:
    Omegased said:
    What’s really interesting there is he has VERY good chances of feeding Apocalypse.
    How do you figure there's a "VERY good chance"?

Wouldn't he have JUST as much chance to feed Magneto?

I worry making statements like this, because we'll all be sad if it doesn't happen.
    Yeah I'm also a "Don't count your chickens before they hatch" kinda guy, but a big reason why I believe he'll be feed Apocalypse is because this Beast is a villain, whereas AoA Mags is a hero.
    4* Kingpin feeds 5* Daredevil.
    4* Gamora feeds 5* Thanos.
    Magik feeds Hela.
    Invisible Woman feeds God Doom.
    MEHulk feeds 5* Loki.
    Miles Morales feeds 5* Kingpin.

Don't forget also:
    Vulture feeds 5* Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
    Mordo feeds 5* Doctor Strange
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    That was before. And 4* versions gave 5* versions. And some of them without being related like thor 4 and storm or hulk main event and loki.
    When they did it covers were adding at logging.
    But now it seems it wont be the same as before, if not they already would do it with elsa ,polaris ,antivenom ,maria, karnak, legion, etc...
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Well Jane Thor and Storm do have a relation from being lightning/thunder based and Main Event Hulk was in Ragnarok which featured Loki.

there definitely are some head scratchers tho.  But those two make sense to me,
  • Anon
    Moonstone feeding Hulk was always super weird to me.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    My (and helix's) point is that villains do feed heroes, and vice versa (did I really have to spell that out?? Honestly???). I'm rebutting Anon's belief that 4* Beast will feed Apocalypse and not 5* Mags simply because Beast and Apocalypse are villains, while Mags is a hero.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 558 Critical Contributor
    personally, i'd like him to feed magneto, but that's mainly because I already have apocalypse champed :)

thematically, it makes sense to me for Beast to feed Magneto, but hey - I'll take whatever.

if only there was a nefarious way to confirm this feeder. 

or... maybe we could get some *ahem* communication on the matter?

Look at me, I just can't stop flogging this dead horse!
  • Anon
    My (and helix's) point is that villains do feed heroes, and vice versa (did I really have to spell that out?? Honestly???). I'm rebutting Anon's belief that 4* Beast will feed Apocalypse and not 5* Mags simply because Beast and Apocalypse are villains, while Mags is a hero.

I understood what you two were saying and while I'd usually agree, Beast did work for Apocalypse in the AoA timeliness. So it's not foolish to believe he'd feed him.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 558 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2021
    Anon said:

I understood what you two were saying and while I'd usually agree, Beast did work for Apocalypse in the AoA timeliness. So it's not foolish to believe he'd feed him.

From Dark Beast's wiki (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Beast)

"The Dark Beast was able to keep up his ruse until the Onslaught Saga, during which the Dark Beast joined Onslaught."

ONSLAUGHT FEEDER CONFIRMED!
  • Anon
    Omegased said:
    Anon said:

From Dark Beast's wiki (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Beast)

The Dark Beast was able to keep up his ruse until the Onslaught Saga, during which the Dark Beast joined Onslaught.

ONSLAUGHT FEEDER CONFIRMED!
    Now THERES a twist!
  • BlackBoltRocks
    edited February 2021
    Anon said:

I agree with that. And personally I hope Beast feeds Poccy instead of Mags. But to base it solely on hero-villain associations holds no water.

Btw @Anon my "spelling it out" comment wasn't directed at you.
  • Anon
    Now that I think about it, Mags is still in Latest. Have they ever had a character that fed another still in Latest?