Enable supports in PVP

2»

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jenson has spoken.

• akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    I mean according to the official helpshift article about supports this is going to happen any day now:

https://d3go.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=gameplay-tips&f=what-are-supports&l=en

"Supports only work in Story missions right now, so that you have a chance to collect and explore them, and we have a chance to respond to your feedback, before we add them to Versus events."

This line definitely made me invest in supports way back when they first came out because CLEARLY I would benefit in PVP for having a strong roster of supports... any day now... any... day... now.......
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker
    DAZ0273 said:
    Jenson has spoken.

Ha I like you even more now!
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Def need suppports in pvp.  But I agree the powers need to be reset.

maybe have a power list that only works in pvp.  And then use the current powers in pve.  So alternate power sets.

I really wanted to spend big for supports but seems pointless when it can’t be use in pvp or LRs.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    If they are going to enable supports for PvP they should release new supports that are PvP only and leave the existing ones as PvE only.
    So you'd have to swap out supports when switching between PvE and PvP. The limit of 3 swaps per day would likely have to be increased or maybe characters could have 2 supports equipped at once, 1 for PvE and 1 for PvP.
    KGB
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    ursopro said:
    SnowcaTT said:
    Sounds like OP got lucky on RTF pulls!

no rumors or misinformation please, I don't want to have my thread locked again

Rhipf said:
    Supports shouldn't be added to PvP until there is a way of reliably getting high level (rank 3-5) supports. Currently there are very few ways to get pulls from the higher ranking support vaults.
    I would personally say that supports should never be allowed in PvP though.

but there is a way now, with the new Supports Gauntlet everyone can have a 3 - 5 rank support.
    I think having supports in PvP could go a long way to balancing the meta issues we are suffering right now because of O****

Having one event that hasn't been repeated yet is a long way from having a guaranteed way to gain higher ranking supports. Until they have rerun this event a few times with different supports I'll stick to my assertion that there currently isn't a way to reliably get higher ranked supports.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    akboyce said:
    I mean according to the official helpshift article about supports this is going to happen any day now:

https://d3go.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=gameplay-tips&f=what-are-supports&l=en

"Supports only work in Story missions right now, so that you have a chance to collect and explore them, and we have a chance to respond to your feedback, before we add them to Versus events."

This line definitely made me invest in supports way back when they first came out because CLEARLY I would benefit in PVP for having a strong roster of supports... any day now... any... day... now.......

Maybe D3Go has already listened to the feedback and the feedback was that there was a general consensus that supports shouldn't be added to PvP. 8^)
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    No thanks 
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,910 Chairperson of the Boards
    **Mod note: Removed a couple of off-topic posts. Please keep the discussion on topic. Thanks!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just got hit by a level 535 Okoye, lol! I am sure she struggled a bit with her iHulk buddy against my 451s, maybe we should be giving her some Support(s) in the wild wild west out there. 😁
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    ursopro said:
    ok fellow mpquesters, can we get some solid arguments in favor or against the idea instead of noping everything right off the bat?
    I start:
    Pro: it will speed exponentially the duration of pvp matches.
    Cons: some players may have no access to some meta defining supports.
    Feel free to contribute.

Here you go: https://www.random.org/

Coin-flip simulator, since we want to judge winning and losing purely by RNG. Problem solved! No need to play PVP with supports enabled.

Unless, say, you're the person who knows the back-end code to the coin-flip simulator, and can stack the odds in your favor.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,106 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    I just got hit by a level 535 Okoye, lol! I am sure she struggled a bit with her iHulk buddy against my 451s, maybe we should be giving her some Support(s) in the wild wild west out there. 😁
    I was recently hit with my first triple max-champed 5-star team...  I even took a screenshot of it.  My highest character is LVL 459.  I'm fairly certain that even with supports on my team alone, I would have been dead in the water.
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2021
    SnowcaTT said:
    ursopro said:
    ok fellow mpquesters, can we get some solid arguments in favor or against the idea instead of noping everything right off the bat?
    I start:
    Pro: it will speed exponentially the duration of pvp matches.
    Cons: some players may have no access to some meta defining supports.
    Feel free to contribute.

Here you go: https://www.random.org/

Coin-flip simulator, since we want to judge winning and losing purely by RNG. Problem solved! No need to play PVP with supports enabled.

Unless, say, you're the person who knows the back-end code to the coin-flip simulator, and can stack the odds in your favor.

Come on, let's no play the random card when most rewards that you can get in this game is acquired in that way.
    Still, I hope the support gauntlet becomes a monthly/bimonthly thing so the support availability increases tenfold and they can be introduced into pvp.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards

@ursopro said:
    I think is about time, thanks.

Ban ursopro.

I think it's about time, thanks.

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 550 Critical Contributor

This game is old. Bring on the mayhem.