Enable supports in PVP

ursopro
ursopro Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
I think is about time, thanks.

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,517 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    Shield hopping, now with more losses than ever!
  • McPosterson
    McPosterson Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    No no no
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2021
    Even having a decent RTF, I think this is a terrible idea.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sounds like OP got lucky on RTF pulls!

Unlike, say, most of us. Supports in PVP would make there be a second place for RNG to screw over folks. At least you can work your way towards characters, through shards and hoards. I have four 550's....and one 5* support. D3 has left me no way towards progression.

As a Steam user, wish I had some way to 'fix' RNG. But I'm sure it's 100% the same for everyone, no one has a hand up over me. Nope. Not at all.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would never play PVP again if this happened.  Supports are too random and based on luck.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Supports shouldn't be added to PvP until there is a way of reliably getting high level (rank 3-5) supports. Currently there are very few ways to get pulls from the higher ranking support vaults.
    I would personally say that supports should never be allowed in PvP though.
  • ursopro
    SnowcaTT said:
    Sounds like OP got lucky on RTF pulls!

no rumors or misinformation please, I don't want to have my thread locked again

Rhipf said:
    Supports shouldn't be added to PvP until there is a way of reliably getting high level (rank 3-5) supports. Currently there are very few ways to get pulls from the higher ranking support vaults.
    I would personally say that supports should never be allowed in PvP though.

but there is a way now, with the new Supports Gauntlet everyone can have a 3 - 5 rank support.
    I think having supports in PvP could go a long way to balancing the meta issues we are suffering right now because of O****
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    I would never play PVP again if this happened.  Supports are too random and based on luck.
    Hmm, I agree with you, but it would also "free" me from playing pvp ;)
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Nope. 

But for the sake of conversation... (and because "Nope." was two characters too short)

I'd be OK with 6* that have built-in supports as a 4th, pasive ability. Only the good stuff too...

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    For attack only and not on Defense then I agree. Allows people to punch up and attack teams they would skip. Another level of strategy. 
  • tupacboy
    tupacboy Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    No no no no
  • ursopro
    ok fellow mpquesters, can we get some solid arguments in favor or against the idea instead of noping everything right off the bat?
    I start:
    Pro: it will speed exponentially the duration of pvp matches.
    Cons: some players may have no access to some meta defining supports.
    Feel free to contribute.
  • SourCream
    SourCream Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2021
    Enable support will trivialize PVP even more than Okoye + Hulk. With Apocalypse, you can basically win on first turn without doing a match. It'll benefit some viewers players only and lessen the playing experience for the majority.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    Imagine, at the start of the game...

Your opponent got + 12 green or yellow ap

OR

You are facing against a team consisting of Vulture and 3* Iron Fist, with +6 black ap and + 12 purple ap...

And many more...

Disabling supports for AI will never happen because it simply trivalize pvps. Worst of all, You will get hit even faster. Say, normally, you can beat two teams before you get beat down once, but with the enabling of supports, other players can beat you down 3-4 times instead... 

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would be a bit like playing that old favourite Boss Rush! You finished a wave/Boss and then all of a sudden your next opponent has *all* the AP and you were dead! Except from turn 1!
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Allowing you to use them on attack won’t make any difference to who is winning. The big players will still nuke you. It will just make it faster and increase your target options. I don’t see that as a bad thing. If I could use supports I’d be a lot more confident hitting a ihulk team or a brb Polaris kitty team without having to use boosts.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well even from an attacking point of view it would be pretty meaningless to me as I don't have anything very game changing. I have exactly one 4* Support being Arc Reactor and if you think I am taking a 5/0/1 Iron Man into PvP you have another thing coming!