A fair play. - Short edited video.

Fair play. 

I realized that greg was cheating* after 4 or 5 turns from the event that disintegrated any chance I had of winning.
As a result the video begins that I already have a frog.

The question is how come I have a frog, since I am in the coalition event: ATV, and I am in the bottom node.

The rules of which state:
Permanent support: Astral Shift
  At the beginning of your opponent's turn: Your creatures gain Can't Block and Hexproof until end of turn.

But don't worry, you'll see it again in the video. 

I've edited the video putting only Greg's moves, also because, mine were tedious waiting for the combo move gems, or deciding how to delay the inevitable.

2 Match lose due the bug. This and teferi (used by greg).
Fair play. 

*This is not cheating because greg has no conscience or intentionality.
Tagged:

Comments

• Rant_Ent
    Rant_Ent Posts: 68 Match Maker
    edited February 2021
    looking again, in the end the double strike  not would kill me. 27x2 il less than 107, what i miss?
    Duging the match itself i was quite demoralized, so i played with automatc pilot, till end, while frustration raise.

Open another ticket?
    worth it?
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    TLDR - there is no cheating here.
    Ok, there are a number of things happening here. 

1. When Greg has a disabling support on the field, like Claustrophobia, the hexproof is not working.

2. During your video, I see Greg casts Fiery Emancipation, which gives you 3x damage after a red creature has damaged your PW. So in total you get 5x27 damage (possibly 8x damage can’t see the actual damage in your video).
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Also Greg plays Shadowspear clearly removing hexproof as seen at 0:38. He probably played it before the recording too (that or a disabling effect as Tremayne said).
  • Rant_Ent
    Thank you both for fast and exhaustive answer.
  • Tezzeret
    Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    I knew before even watching this video it was going to be the spear. I would say 80% (Maybe higher) of decks run it in ATV. and it's always a topic of discussion  on discord.
  • Rant_Ent
    What get me wrong, is that as a new player i cant obtain shadowsper, that expansion is not in my valut reel.
    Btw thanks for your answer too.
  • Barnabes
    Barnabes Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Theros Beyond Death isn’t in your vault? That’s where Shadowspear comes from.