State of the game. Broken fundamental mechanics. Disregard for the player.

Options
JinQuiet
JinQuiet Posts: 71 Match Maker
edited November 2021 in MtGPQ General Discussion
I understand that this is a Free-to-play game.

And arguments below hold no water if you don't invest in the game in any way, form of fashion. You can just drop it and move on.
I'm a paying VIP2 customer and pay monthly fee to support the game. I Invest my money and what is more important, MY TIME into the game.
The current treatment of the player by the developing team, when there are tools to fix the problems, while some bugs persist, is unacceptable.

-----------------------------------------------

So, there it goes.

How is this fair that that player, that loses game in "The Colossal Tussle" due to the game freeze caused by token interactions, gets thrown down 5 brackets (from 1-5 bracket to 251-500 bracket)?
Then the only way to get bumped 1 (ONE) bracket up is to file a lengthy complaint to the Support.
At this point you beg for an opportunity to get additional points lost due to the fact of the well known bug in the game code. And you get none.

Similar bugs are described in some topics and persist for months.

The bug has already been described by players on the official MTG PQ forums in multiple topics:
https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/84475/tokens-hang-games
https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/84469/goat-tokens
https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/84326/teferi-hero-of-dominarias-first-ability-causing-freeze-lockup-investigating
It has been reported by me in this topic:
https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/84519/token-interaction-soft-lock-across-many-events

- I play the game on the premise that when I win/lose the game I get fixed deterministic outcome, namely certain explicit number of points (say 10 for winning, 0 for losing).
- I win or lose the game.
- I CONTROL THE FINAL SCORE OF THE EVENT.

This is the foundation of the game mechanics of MTG PQ.

Now let's get it straight.
- You can't control the way the game freezes.
- Game freezes cause you to lose points.
- Therefore, YOU CAN'T CONTROL FINAL SCORE FOR THE EVENT

Now, the primary mechanics of the game is undermined by the bug. It is broken.

The solution that developers provide is to throw you the bone in the form of 1 BRACKET BUMP, if you genuflect enough in the form of losing you time to complain to the Support.

I would not have written this if I wasn't a paying VIP subscriber member. But now in addition to being paid by me you rob me of the opportunity to play the game and enjoying it.

I play the game to enjoy it, and pay money for it.
Game bugs to make it impossible to enjoy the game.
Developers don't want to create a way to compensate for the lost enjoyment (and make it harder by the necessity to write lengthy complaints, bug reports)
I play and pay for the unenjoyable game and have to regularly report about it in a written form (namely work for the developers).

So in essence:
- there is no mechanism to get points lost in the event caused by the bugs in the game code;
- reporting the issue takes a lot of time and doesn't get rewarded (1 bracket bump is not a reward it's a mockery)
- paying money for the game you like will grant you an ability to be mocked by the developers in the case of encountering the bug that brakes fundamental game mechanics.
- you have to literally play-test the game (practically working for the developers) pay money for it (in my particular case) lose event points for it, getting no appreciation or compensation in return.

What is more interesting is that developers and support have tools to reward players for bug hunting activity, problem reporting, being soft locked out of the game:
- there is a way to bump you 1 bracket up in rewards (actually is seems like any bracket)
- there is a way to give you arbitrary rewards (crystals, packs e.t.c.)

And still developers don't want to use them when it's just the correct and fair thing to go.

State of the game.

Comments

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @JinQuiet - what you may not know, is that for some players Oktagon have made the incentive to pay for this game so bad that it prevents players from becoming VIP. 

I asked them how they where coming along with changing this (it has been 6 months, since they mentioned they would try to fix it). Guess what they have no progress report so they have not even time to increase their revenue.

State of the game
  • Persil
    Persil Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Options
    JinQuiet - agreed. The whole game is a mess, but what is worse - customer support is even worse. Why bug reporting is such a pain? And why, if I loose 5 Tiers due to bug, I get only 1 Tier back?

Today's The Collossal Tussle is my 3rd in a row where, only due to game issues, I loose from Rank 1 to Rank 200, same as you. At this point, I lost any belief - I think the only way to make developers realize what they do, is just to stop playing the game for as many poeple as possible. I'm already looking for other similar games to switch, as there is no point in playing a game if developers every day say "f*ck you".
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Persil said:
    JinQuiet - agreed. The whole game is a mess, but what is worse - customer support is even worse. Why bug reporting is such a pain? And why, if I loose 5 Tiers due to bug, I get only 1 Tier back?
    I have refused to accept a one bracket bump and - after a couple follow ups - have been granted rank commensurate to my potential score. It's annoying that you have to whine so much for the reasons you listed.

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @jtwood - great to hear a success with CS in this regard.

It is ridiculous that CS continually replies with “we are not allowed to...” even when Oktagon has responded on these forums that we are suppose to get a compensation.
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jtwood said:
    Persil said:
    I have refused to accept a one bracket bump and - after a couple follow ups - have been granted rank commensurate to my potential score. It's annoying that you have to whine so much for the reasons you listed.

It's even more Amazing to hear that they do accept to compensate properly if you whine enough ...

That means they know they Can and should do it in the general case but refuse and CHOOSE to scam the players that suffer point loss from a bug ... What a shame...
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To be clear, I have only done that a couple times. Most of the time, when I lose rank to a bug, I don't even bother submitting a ticket. The two reasons I don't submit a ticket are:
    1. Documenting and submitting bugs is so tedious and time consuming, and
    2. Most events don't have rank rewards worth asking for compensation
    I mean, look at Rise of Adventure. If I lose rank due to a bug, what incentive do I have to submit a ticket? Going from 101-250 back up to 1-5 only adds 2 jewels, 3 packs, and some runes. Sure, I could say "But it's the principle of the matter!" But I value my time more than that.