General ideas on improving game's bug handling

Hello,

I might not be the first to come up with these topics, but currently game hanging problems really frustrate me...

1. Why cannot you implement a "Report game state as crash" button? Reporting bugs like soft locks would be sooooo much easier and would contain all the information you need.

2. How much time did you invest in a general improvement of detecting erroneous situations in the game in contrary to fixing specific issues? If the game would detect such game states and restart the game (after confirm of user) instead of us users having to finish the match and having it counted as a loss would be all i need.
Bugs would still be bad but the consequences would be so much easier to live with!

Thanks for listening to your users!

KR, Stefan

Comments

• naabaldan
    naabaldan Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Reseting a match is a greater effort than maybe expected. 
  • Squirrelbeast
    Squirrelbeast Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Wouldn't it be worth?

Maybe D3 is worried that it could misused - before losing a match you could trick the game into such a game state where you could replay it...
  • naabaldan
    naabaldan Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Before enabling a match reset I would implement simple things like providing a match ID and a certain level of logging to make developers able to look into a match without needing our support. This may cause extensive data but combined with a flag enabling logging, users can turn logging off or on via the settings dialog decreasing the amount of data. Logs can be automatically deleted after a certain period of time this may only be granted to advanced players. 
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Hello,

I might not be the first to come up with these topics, but currently game hanging problems really frustrate me...

1. Why cannot you implement a "Report game state as crash" button? Reporting bugs like soft locks would be sooooo much easier and would contain all the information you need.

2. How much time did you invest in a general improvement of detecting erroneous situations in the game in contrary to fixing specific issues? If the game would detect such game states and restart the game (after confirm of user) instead of us users having to finish the match and having it counted as a loss would be all i need.
    Bugs would still be bad but the consequences would be so much easier to live with!

Thanks for listening to your users!

KR, Stefan
    A lot of older devices don't handle the game as well.  Try keeping your cache clear.  And don't end or start a battle at the top of an hour.  Yes its a thing 
  • coldity
    coldity Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Sad enough, especially because it has been a thing for actually a longer while and has been reported a fork ton of times.. Though it has never been admitted that such an issue exists at all IIRC..

Also that the game still kicks players out of the deck builder on top of hours is pretty annoying and something to be aware of...  :disappointed: