**** Silk (Cindy Moon) ****

1235»

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    jp1 said:
    I actually wish we could get some more 4.5s since they are easy to acquire and allow diversity in the 5* tier. I don’t care if it allows people to punch up...I understand some do though.

I'm with you. I don't mind. But people REALLY hated Bishop. Lol
    There's a difference between someone like Bishop/Worthycap, and someone like Polaris.

Polaris definitely allows players to punch up, but on defence she's just like any other 4* in that she's susceptible to 5* damage.

Bishop/Worthycap punished 5* players for making a simple match-3, which is the fundamental building block of the game. Polaris doesn't.

I don't feel the need to rehash the old arguments. It's moot since both characters were nerfed. But suffice it to say, I had no problems with WorthyCap or Bishop and maintain that the backlash was WAY overblown.
    As of now, Silk isn't a Polaris or pre-nerf Bishop/Cap, so it doesn't matter until 5* Peter gets a viable web tile friend.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:

As of now, Silk isn't a Polaris or pre-nerf Bishop/Cap, so it doesn't matter until 5* Peter gets a viable web tile friend.
    Here’s my thing...

You can only put three people on a team at once. The 4* tier has Pete, Miles, Gwen, 2099, Porker, Anti, etc. They really didn’t NEED Silk as the Spiderverse is already stacked with amazing synergy. 

Silk would’ve been awesome as a 5.  Her multi-hits and passive damage would’ve been great with Okoye, and the special tiles with BRBitty would’ve been awesome as well. But above all else, I’d LOVE for Parker to have a 5* webby friend.

No argument from me. I love the Spidey characters and find it bizarre the webheads are so 4* heavy. I wish there was a viable webbed-tile-based meta for the 5* tier.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Madame Web, where are you?
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only sin for parker was to appear in 5* tier too soon in his 2 suits.
    At this point 5* versions of webthrowers could be made.
    Perhaps they are in 4* tier for to be more available.
    Cap worthy too he should be a 5* without any doubt but he was already there 2 times.
    This is how it works I guess.
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Yeah Madam Web, upgraded Miles or Scarlet Spider.  
    We need a five star spider support character.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah Madam Web, upgraded Miles or Scarlet Spider.  
    We need a five star spider support character.
    Add Morlun, who would eat web tiles...
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 437 Mover and Shaker
    Madame Web, where are you?
    Was gonna say Noir but he'll be another Peter Parker won't he?
  • trat73
    trat73 Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Any word on if Silk will be a feeder?
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 968 Critical Contributor
    trat73 said:
    It is confirmed that she is not
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    trat73 said:
    As of now, she is not a feeder.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    trat73 said:
    Bummer. Maybe later.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Akoni said:
    trat73 said:
    Bummer. Maybe later.

I have some great investment property in the Nevada desert I'd like to sell you...
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    helix72 said:
    Akoni said:
    trat73 said:
    Bummer. Maybe later.

I have some great investment property in the Nevada desert I'd like to sell you...
    If I had enough money to build another Las Vegas, I might take you up on that offer.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    A very late review:

She was perfect for shield training, thanks to super leveled strike tiles and all that burst healing.  At normal levels, she will play down quite a bit.  Still, she is a solid character all-around, with a mix of offense and utility and would have been extremely strong in 2018 or so.  Sadly, I don't think she is better than 2099 (who has stun rather than special tile control, also has multi-tick powers and passive damage on web tiles, and uses the same colors).  She would have been a pretty interesting 5* with this kit though. Her synergy with iron spider for passive web damage was pretty great when she was leveled to 500+.
    And most importantly, 4* tier is dead and additional dev/player resources devoted to this tier just don't offer much return on investment.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    I'm really curious why the decision to have her passive not be boostable by Okoye/Apocalypse. It's hardly in the same league as 2099's for damage potential, and her passive heal is going to be actively detrimental to running with Thor anyway.
    I might be imagining it, but it seems like when the passive destroys fortified web tiles, it gets damage boosted by Okoye, but when it hits normal web tiles, it's not boosted.
    I verified that this is happening - if the webs are fortified, they are receiving the boost because no tiles are actually being "destroyed," which is an interesting wrinkle in that power exclusion actually. I wonder which is the bug?
    If I'm reading the numbers right, this behavior has been adjusted to always have the Okoye damage boost.