**** Silk (Cindy Moon) ****

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,902 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mr_F said:
    Silk is so powerfull or I just got lucky that 5e Shield node done smoothly with no Whales used and in one try. 3rd one I used 4* Widow. Propably could use Bagman with same effect. XD.

It's all her. I used 2099 and blew though it as easily as I did when Polaris was released a few months ago.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mr_F said:
    Silk is so powerfull or I just got lucky that 5e Shield node done smoothly with no Whales used and in one try. 3rd one I used 4* Widow. Propably could use Bagman with same effect. XD.
    Same. Mockingbird nuked my Peter Parker but Silk and Okoye had full health.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Really wish she was a 5* release. Very powerful and fun kit. Bad board wiped my other two toons and she worked over Thing/Mordo/Starlord all by herself and ended with nearly full health. 

Just imagine if she had 5* health and match damage and that was true healing. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm really curious why the decision to have her passive not be boostable by Okoye/Apocalypse. It's hardly in the same league as 2099's for damage potential, and her passive heal is going to be actively detrimental to running with Thor anyway.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,902 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    I'm really curious why the decision to have her passive not be boostable by Okoye/Apocalypse. It's hardly in the same league as 2099's for damage potential, and her passive heal is going to be actively detrimental to running with Thor anyway.

I suspect it's because it's tile damage (destroy 2 Web tiles and deal 185 damage). We (players) are reading that as destroy 2 tiles (for 0 damage) and then do a separate damage attack of 185 that should be boosted by WF. Instead, what it means is that the tile damage for 2 web tiles is 185 regardless of color (so even if the color of the 2 tiles was say Red and your normal Red match damage was 800 you still only get 185).
    KGB

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited February 2021
    mechanically that is how it works, yes, but i'm curious WHY it was decided to be that way as a design for this character. It hardly seems dangerous to use since it only procs at the beginning of your turn.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    I might be imagining it, but it seems like when the passive destroys fortified web tiles, it gets damage boosted by Okoye, but when it hits normal web tiles, it's not boosted.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Im partially thinking that passive heals, breaks webs(for spiders that is awesome) and finally deals damage . Too many things that if boosted could make her better than polaris.
    After saying that, the truth is Im even more curious to see if the new 5* has another passive unboostable.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Bad said:
    Im partially thinking that passive heals, breaks webs(for spiders that is awesome) and finally deals damage . Too many things that if boosted could make her better than polaris.
    After saying that, the truth is Im even more curious to see if the new 5* has another passive unboostable.
    I would find that surprising. I don't see Juggernaut and now Silk 1.5 years apart as the silent Okoye nerf you're looking for. But if it IS Cyclops, and he DOES do TeamUpStuff, he may not be a great partner for Okoye in the same way that Black Panther is somewhat bafflingly an actively bad partner for her.
  • Bad
    I would find that surprising. I don't see Juggernaut and now Silk 1.5 years apart as the silent Okoye nerf you're looking for.
    Silent okoye nerf Im looking for? Do you remember unboostíng skills affect apocalypse too?
    You can be sure than Im not looking for nothing but for a more improved game.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    From the Nerf Okoye thread, perhaps misinterpreted after the high volume of pro-nerf posts in there to be a prediction of a silent nerf to Okoye (and apocalypse, if you like):
    Bad said:
    Perhaps devs are already on the move. Silk is the second character whose passive cannot be boosted. 
    Coincidence? Or not.
    I was merely saying that I don't think two characters 1.5 years apart with odd exclusions makes it a trend, especially since Silk appears to have a bug anyway where she does receive a boost as long as the web tiles are fortified.

It's probably worth saying out loud that as long as any of the characters who already work well with those power boosters continue to exist, every future character to join the game can be made with unboostable passives, and unless using them is better than a boostable passive, they'll sit the bench. Okoye, Apocalypse, and Kitty will have to be directly nerfed if the power-booster meta is going to change.
  • Bad
    YJ passive also cannot be boost. That was the first character I was meaning.  Silk is the second in a row.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    wow she just smashed through the day 3:test of skill node, with 2099, and my 3/2/2 Peter Parker who did nothing

that heal from Silk was clutch
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited February 2021
    Bad said:
    YJ passive also cannot be boost. That was the first character I was meaning.  Silk is the second in a row.
    None of them do? I don’t have him on roster yet to test, but since his green has a tile destruction component while you are invisible it would be consistent for it not to benefit.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel like my initial reaction was pretty on point. She's a solid option for a Spidey-team, but since the 5* tier is lacking characters that utilize and create webbed tiles, she's not going to punch up. You'd have to bring two 4's, and that isn't a problem in Sim for 5* teams.
    That's a design a lot of people on here will like; strong 4, but one that doesn't play out of her league.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually wish we could get some more 4.5s since they are easy to acquire and allow diversity in the 5* tier. I don’t care if it allows people to punch up...I understand some do though.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:
    I actually wish we could get some more 4.5s since they are easy to acquire and allow diversity in the 5* tier. I don’t care if it allows people to punch up...I understand some do though.

I'm with you. I don't mind. But people REALLY hated Bishop. Lol
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I feel like now that we have Apocalypse/Onslaught, the "bishop problem" would have been kind of a non-problem, at least for those of us who were able to finish those characters. Although we've had enough 5*s with interesting blues come out since then that the blue ap generation may have ultimately remained OP.