Speed Evil - Lightning Rounds 3/25/14

2»

Comments

• Narkon wrote:
    I can't even tank properly these days. My team of 30 Doom/10 MN Magneto /6 Moonstone just won a match. Why is it that no one is attacking me with the intention to win? icon_e_biggrin.gif

Yesterday in Doom I had similar, 20 dearedevil+16 bagman won twice back to back.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    Narkon wrote:
    I can't even tank properly these days. My team of 30 Doom/10 MN Magneto /6 Moonstone just won a match. Why is it that no one is attacking me with the intention to win? icon_e_biggrin.gif

Yesterday in Doom I had similar, 20 dearedevil+16 bagman won twice back to back.
    Imho people either purposefully retire from this battle to break your eventual losing streak. or they try to tank themselves using your team and just fail to do so.
  • I've gotten into the habit of beating the seed teams then playing one or two matches at the end to jockey for a diabolical token... Keep getting hoods.

May just buy that last Mag cover at this rate, have enough banked hp, using him heavily in the simulator. Have to tank this last Mag round, work/meetings etc.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    The LR's are usually my least active events and that personally bums me out. It's a great way to gain missing covers I need, but it's tough for me to find the time to play them. The mags LR scared me off, I was looking at three opponents all with maxed mags...no thank you.

I doubt it would ever happen, but a weekend LR would be nice.
  • The LR's are usually my least active events and that personally bums me out. It's a great way to gain missing covers I need, but it's tough for me to find the time to play them. The mags LR scared me off, I was looking at three opponents all with maxed mags...no thank you.

I usually just fight the seed teams and put in a tank team, except sometimes (if I wake up in time) the 6 am EST ones when they're on the schedule. Last week, with the odd time starts, I didn't do anything but the seed/tanks, and this week, the only one I tried to place in was this morning's Dr. Doom round (and got the diabolical I was aiming for, which turned out to be a Red Rags I needed).

The problem is that the only rounds I can usually really take the time to compete in are the evening ones, which are murderously competitive, and the 6 am ones, which are usually one character I have maxed (Doom) and another (Rags) I have to place top 8 to get a useful cover in, and I still only have time to play for about 45 minutes of the 90 in.
  • The LR's are usually my least active events and that personally bums me out. It's a great way to gain missing covers I need, but it's tough for me to find the time to play them. The mags LR scared me off, I was looking at three opponents all with maxed mags...no thank you.

One of the rounds there was serious Doom with 11k+ health. But Mags purple left him with like 250. icon_e_smile.gif
  • An btw my croch-kicking (20DD, 16bagman) tank team finished with 140ISO, collecting just 2 attacks... It must be awfully scary.