Challenge! Challenge!

2»

Comments

• MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Change the challenge node to 1+1 clear. Add the remaining node rewards to two one-time puzzle nodes. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    PiMacleod said:
    Ive got a roster of 21 5* champs, with most every meta character champed.  And yes, its boring to use the same stuff over and over.  But i also dont wanna sit around for longer than i have to.  Yes, i play for fun, but at the same time, i normally play this during "downtime"... During work breaks, bathroom, sometimes after kids go to bed...  Im not looking to put MORE time in.

Being a respectable opinion, but that is not how games work. A game should be offer and offer funny content, and if its funny and appealing the player must struggle, must play less other games, sleep less, or even get lost in the WC room.
    Or selecting wich event is more funny or to how high getting the rewards.
    And ultimately devs could cancel it if players seem to not liking it.
    Personally on weekend I cant get all cps on pvp. I must resign or calculate very precisely wich slice to play.
    Introducing to shield is an event wich never changes. But in a way I expect it for watching wich 5* is required, and how well the loaned 4* performs.
    An event running almost all the month would be pretty interesting. 
    If not, all events having 3 difficulty levels at least, or a really restricted character limitation and loaning, how I said a lot of times.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Games don’t have set rules about how they work. There is every kind of games for every kind of player and everything in between.

The reason I started this game is that it could be played in short bursts during downtime and didn’t require hours and hours of commitment to complete a single mission. Time commitment is largely optional, however to keep up in 5 star land it is already less optional than it should be for a “match three game”. There are options for those who want something deeper.

34 five star champs and all but Throg on the fours is my perspective. Which should almost be in everyone’s signature because it will change your perspectives on the game vastly.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agreed @jp1.  Games come in so many flavors, a myriad of them, if you will.

And as many have correctly pointed out before, player feedback is expected on the official forums.

Im pretty positive that im not the only one looking to keep my play time down, but still enjoy what the game has to offer.  If the devs have a log of how much time (not login days) we've spent, i think they're more than happy with the amount of dedicated players they have.  There are plenty of players that go full progression PvE, or monitor PvP closely to perform shield hops.  There have been players in the past that have gotten angry over an expected playtime increase, whether it was due to SCL 10's introduction, the Support Circuit, etc...  And if your loyal players arent happy with something, the devs usually listen to a large and/or important enough voice.

As much as i like the idea of new, challenging content, it would be best served (imo) in a separate event as a "challenge".  That way, it doesnt have to interfere with the current rules of PvE, and it could flourish under some event more akin to the Fireside Puzzles.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    I like these ideas, but would suggest they replace the current 1*, 2*, and 3* battles that 5* rosters are forced to endure in DDQ. Have the DDQ challenges change based on level.
  • Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    There are really lots of additions that would improve variety to support more challenge over time.  
    The more flexibility a player has, the more enjoyment and probability to spend.
    Lately i tried to get t10 in scl10 pvp and discovered that some players were so obsessed into hitting specific players that spend all day waiting for shields to expire just to get some hits on them. Thinking about it maybe it would be nice to experiment with shields having no / minimum cooldown or other shield options to keep them guessing and make them desist from this obsesive behaviour.
    Another idea could be having more color options to boosts such as red+black, yellow+black, blue+black, purple+black, etc.
    Lastly, it would be nice the return of ingame polls so ALL players could give developers more accurate feedback about what the  game needs to continue improving, rarely self appointed ingame gurus are correct. Lol.

• Bad
    Mayo said:

Lately i tried to get t10 in scl10 pvp and discovered that some players were so obsessed into hitting specific players that spend all day waiting for shields to expire just to get some hits on them. Thinking about it maybe it would be nice to experiment with shields having no / minimum cooldown or other shield options to keep them guessing and make them desist from this obsesive behaviour.

That is the most weird and paranoic thing I ever read. No wonder who claims it, on the other hand. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    Such things do happen. Unbelievable, but it does. Snipers. Their names. It has been happening even before I played in 2017.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:
    Mayo said:

That is the most weird and paranoic thing I ever read. No wonder who claims it, on the other hand. 

We have seen plenty of squabbles over the years and some players still complain of being targeted on these very boards. This is very high level PvP Alliance stuff, 99% of players will not encounter anything like it and if they get hit multiple times it is not out of any sort of vendetta but just because it was convenient or their assailant was ruthless.
  • Bad
    I think those pvp alliances take things too far. Its not like they were earning money or prices playing pvp on this game.
    Another motive I will never join a top alliance.
    But on the other hand if that is happening is because the targets are on another top alliance too and they are playing same rules. 
  • Mayo
    Bad said:
    Mayo said:

Not knowing it happens is not excuse to call someone else paranoid. I do not know you and surely you do not do, and as other posters mention, it really happens. Better write something from the brain or heart and not from the liver! Lol

Nonetheless, some scl10 usual players do take the game too seriously, nothing like the relax play that i can get from lower difficulties. Maybe if i ever get a meta team near 550 will try again. :D

I think tweaking the current shield system would open space for more strategic play and fun!
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Mayo said:

I think tweaking the current shield system would open space for more strategic play and fun!
    How would you suggest tweaking it?
  • Mayo
    No cooldown for shields, or minimum 1 hour cooldown for all shields.
    30 min shield with no cooldown
    1 hour shield with no cooldown
    2 hour shield with no cooldown
    12 hour shield with 3 hour cooldown
    18 hiur shield with 3 hour cooldown
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Mayo said:
    Interesting, the 30 minute and 1 hour shields would benefit hoppers to a high degree. No cool-down means they can employ that strategy to a high degree. I know that everyone's schedule is different, but considering sleep and work habits of the majority, I would probably suggest something slightly different:

No Cool-Down
    30 minute shield

1 Hour Cool-Down
    2 hour shield

3 Hour Cool-Down
    6 hour shield
    10 hour shield

4 Hour Cool-Down
    16 hour shield

6 Hour Cool-Down
    24 hour shield

No knock on your suggestion, but I think a single 30 minute shield with no cool-down is enough for those who are carefully watching the leaderboard. With no cool-down, I could just break the shield and hop back on it as often as necessary. If I want more time, then I will take a bigger shield and hop back on the 30 minute shield. That might be a great way for competitive players to remain shielded while filling dev pocketbooks.

Of course, anyone who is not at the top of the food chain will absolutely hate the idea of a shield with no cool-down. That's about 90-95% of players sooo yeah...
  • Mayo
    Akoni said:
    Mayo said:
    Interesting, the 30 minute and 1 hour shields would benefit hoppers to a high degree. No cool-down means they can employ that strategy to a high degree. I know that everyone's schedule is different, but considering sleep and work habits of the majority, I would probably suggest something slightly different:

No Cool-Down
    30 minute shield

1 Hour Cool-Down
    2 hour shield

3 Hour Cool-Down
    6 hour shield
    10 hour shield

4 Hour Cool-Down
    16 hour shield

6 Hour Cool-Down
    24 hour shield

No knock on your suggestion, but I think a single 30 minute shield with no cool-down is enough for those who are carefully watching the leaderboard. With no cool-down, I could just break the shield and hop back on it as often as necessary. If I want more time, then I will take a bigger shield and hop back on the 30 minute shield. That might be a great way for competitive players to remain shielded while filling dev pocketbooks.

Of course, anyone who is not at the top of the food chain will absolutely hate the idea of a shield with no cool-down. That's about 90-95% of players sooo yeah...
    Shields with no cooldown will help players to get higher scores while evading whale attacks if done correctly and giving them a chance to score higher in all events, also ho expenditure will make devs very happy.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    Shields originally didn't have cooldowns so these suggestions are not original. Cooldowns were added because newsish players complained that PvP scores were 6000+. As it is 1st in my PvP bracket is 3600 & 10th is 3300.

You guys aren't going to burn 10 shields an event anyway. People hated them at first but was ultimately a good change. You can always alternate between the different shields which should be enough.

Here, you can take a look back - https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/21809/shield-cool-down-must-go/p3
  • MoniKen
    MoniKen Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Still trying to understand how you guys can work with employee monitoring software and playing at the same time....
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would change all the cool downs to 6hrs and or add a 12 hr shield for 200.   The biggest inconvience is how the shield times chain and how disruptive it is in real life.  A 12hr shield should be for people who want a full night sleep, and not be burdened by a timer.  The 24hr shield should be for players who are done with event.  Sure giving 4 shields means scores will rise 1k.  The improvement in Qol would be worth it and it isn’t as if people can’t catch up to equilibrium point at will.