A Stopgap for the 300 Roster Problem

Options
pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
What if we could still apply covers to max champed characters?  Then a tiered reward system would be triggered.  Levels 1 through 20 with specific prizes assigned, including HP, Iso, Riso, Tokens, LTs, CP, and specific shards for characters that they may feed?

Once you hit level 20, the next level starts you over at Reward Tier 1.  This would eliminate the need for any dupes whatsoever.

And if you come at me with "but I need that max champ dupe so I use less Healthpacks" then I would kindly remind you of all the future savings of not needing all those roster slots and that Healthpacks can be purchased with that saved HP (though I've only ever bought health packs like twice ever over almost 7 years.)

Comments

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 970 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I can understand the nuisance of roster slots being twice as expensive at 300, but come on, is HP really an issue if you're at that point in the game? 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,933 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I'm at 286 roster slots and I have 60K HP right now after buying the 5K deal today for ProfX/NightCrawler.
    My only HP expense is roster slots and a single shield when I hit 900 in PvP (it may be 3, 8 or 24 hrs depending on how early I hit 900). I am VIP so I am accruing some extra HP from those rewards. My HP total is constantly rising and has gone from 30K to 60K in about 6 months time.
    I would imagine the players most feeling the HP crunch are those heavily into PvP and using multiple shields per event. Or buying lots of 40 packs / vault offers.
    KGB
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,544 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This really feels like one of those "problems" the devs would have no reason to fix for us. How does it benefit them? They want you spending that 2k.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    KGB said:
    I'm at 286 roster slots and I have 60K HP right now after buying the 5K deal today for ProfX/NightCrawler.
    My only HP expense is roster slots and a single shield when I hit 900 in PvP (it may be 3, 8 or 24 hrs depending on how early I hit 900). I am VIP so I am accruing some extra HP from those rewards. My HP total is constantly rising and has gone from 30K to 60K in about 6 months time.
    I would imagine the players most feeling the HP crunch are those heavily into PvP and using multiple shields per event. Or buying lots of 40 packs / vault offers.
    KGB

You bought that deal? 5K for six 4* covers is pretty good, but unless you need 5* PX or 5* Archangel covers, why go after those 2 4*s?
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,544 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    helix72 said:
    KGB said:
    KGB

You bought that deal? 5K for six 4* covers is pretty good, but unless you need 5* PX or 5* Archangel covers, why go after those 2 4*s?

When you have unlimited HP, why wouldn't you spend it on 4* covers when offered in bulk?
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,933 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @helix72 - As you surmised, I do need those 5* covers (1 more for Prof$ and at least 6-7 more for Arch Angel) and it's nice to get those characters into the 320 level range. It also included 5 Mighty tokens (which yielded another 4* cover) too and as Borstock noted, I literally have nothing to spend HP on other than really good vault deals.
    KGB
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I got around the 300 roster spot issue by selling off my max champed 3*s. I found I don't really need/use them any more, so I keep it around long enough to champ the dupe then sell it. We're at 228 characters now so we're still nearly 3 years away from having 300 unique characters.

If this game is still around in 3 years then maybe the devs reduce that cost. lol