Jessica jones trap tiles

Options
Theghouse
Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
I believe I witnessed Jessica Jones' trap tiles doing damage when her team matched one of the trap tiles she created while Jessica herself was stunned.  Which leads me to ask, what entity is actually dealing the damage when her trap tiles are matched?

Based on the wording of her power, she does not have to be the one on her team to match it for it to proc.  But are the tiles themselves doing the damage, or is it the character that matches them, or is it Jessica herself by means of her passive proc'ing when her trap is matched by her team?

If it is indeed Jessica and her passive dealing the damage, wouldn't the passive ability which does the damage not proc while she is stunned?

Could be a bug depending on mechanics of the ability and intent of the devs for this power.

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The wording says "When you match one..." so it does not have to be Jessica herself that matches the trap tile.
    KGB
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    KGB said:
    The wording says "When you match one..." so it does not have to be Jessica herself that matches the trap tile.
    KGB
    That much I'm certain of.  Still leaves ambiguity in what entity does the damage and if stunning Jessica should stop it.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Someone once posted about this before (I'm too lazy to search) but it was akin to "Finding compromising photographs" or "uncovering teenage love poetry".  Jessica just sets out on the job, but any of her allies could find the blackmail evidence.