New error with claiming rewards / training powers

Options
dkffiv
dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
Since the newest update, clicking Train on a cover in the reward list will attempt to apply the cover to a max champed character and throw the reward away (although it does grant XP) instead of applying the cover to an incomplete newly rostered character.

For example, I have (2*) a level 144 3/5/5 Captain Marvel and a level 15 1/2/3 Captain Marvel.  Clicking a red cover flashes the 144 max champ, though she remains 3/5/5, and the cover disappears and a +15 XP message flashes.

I know I lost at least 2x 2* covers due to this bug and might have lost some 4* covers as well since I opened several tokens for the new 5* store.

Comments

• dkffiv
    Options
    I know for certain it happened when I had a maxed 3/5/5 Captain Marvel and a 0/2/3 secondary one.  I manually applied 1 red cover to bring her to 1/2/3 and it happened a second time with another red cover.  I opened packs until I had more Marvel covers to test (while recording) but the Power Shift screen is now appearing.  I would recommend applying covers through the roster screen instead of the claim reward screen in the meantime.
  • Xavier_Mc
    Xavier_Mc Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This just happened to me as well with 2*Magento. And thinking back to it I think it happened earlier today as well.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I just had it happen with a 2* Moonstone
  • dkffiv
    Options
    I just had it happen on 2* Thor, I gained the cover from a Battle at the Basilica token.  A 4/5/3 incomplete Thor was available but the cover went to a 3/5/5 max champed character.

When I tried to manually replicate this before, the covers I obtained were from Standard/Elite Tokens.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just had it happen again:
    I have a max champed 2* Capt. Marvel (level 144, 5red, 5black, 3yellow) and a farm Capt Marvel (level 79, 5red, 5black, 1yellow).  I got a yellow cover for her and hit the "train" button.  Instead of making my second Capt. Marvel 5-5-2, it swapped powers on my Champed Capt. Marvel and made her 4-5-4.  It never asked me which power to downgrade, it just did it automagicly.  This is the 3rd time I've noticed this.  The first time I thought I was insane, the second I posted above (moonstone), and now this.

PLEASE fix this.  It's causing so much wasted resources.  At the VERY least, it should be asking us which power we want to change so we can at least back out of it when we realize that it's applying it to the wrong version.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you for the reports everyone. I've sent this up for investigation. 

If you lost covers due to the issue, please reach out to Customer Support, and they can assist you in recovering the lost covers. 
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I thought it was just a visual bug!
    I've lost like 3 covers already.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I just made a post about this in the forum post about R219. Seems I'm not the only one with this problem.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 364 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Oh dear! I hope I haven't lost covers by not paying attention and then not submitting a ticket! Because I guess it's on me, but I just assumed it would go to the right place. If not, I had no idea and won't receive covers back unless I reach out to customer support. Oh well. :/
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,722 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This just happened to me with a 3* Beast cover.  I know its happened a few times before with 2* covers, but i've been brushing it off...

I guess ill submit that request now.
  • dkffiv
    Options
    Just happened to me again with a 2* Daken, first time it's happened since the new power preview interface.  1/0/2 Daken was available, automatically switched a 5/5/3 max champed Daken to 4/5/4
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Not going to bother submitting a ticket but I lost a 3* Thor cover from this exact problem.  First time it happened to me since the update.  I wasn't even paying attention and didn't know this was a problem now.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is this the same issue I see when training 1* Spiderman or 1* Storm? I sometimes do not get to choose which power to train, it does this by it self. Not a biggie for 1*:s but annoying nevertheless.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Still happening in R222. Not always, but from time to time. I had my 1* Iron Man at 5/5/3 with a couple of yellows and a blue on the vine. Applied the blue wanting to set him to 5/4/4 and then back to 5/5/3 again, but it automatically applied the blue and took the red making it 4/5/4 making my yellow useless.