Please fix boosts/TU auto selection

helix72
helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
This has happened to me multiple times now. I go into a battle with no boosts selected. I win the battle, Next battle, somehow it has auto selected at least one boost I don't want. Either I waste time removing it or I don't notice and burn a boost I didn't want to use. Please make it so the game does not automatically select boosts!!!

Comments

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Weird. I never have boosts automatically selected. I do have teamups selected, but those can stay unused during a match. So nothing wasted there.
    The thing I'm usually facing is remembering to de-select a boost before going into the next battle.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    Doesn't bother me when it's one I can buy with iso. It's annoying when you realize you brought a +1all to the first node of a PvE, though.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Dogface said:
    Weird. I never have boosts automatically selected. I do have teamups selected, but those can stay unused during a match. So nothing wasted there.
    The thing I'm usually facing is remembering to de-select a boost before going into the next battle.
    I have had boosts auto selected. Wasted a lot of them that way.
  • helix72
    Happened again today. Noticed it was after I used a TU in battle, apparently the game then randomly selects a different TU OR a boost to fill the slot where the one I used had been.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    helix72 said:
    Happened again today. Noticed it was after I used a TU in battle, apparently the game then randomly selects a different TU OR a boost to fill the slot where the one I used had been.
    Can it be that a boost is auto-selected if there are fewer than 3 team-ups available? 
    I have over 3 team-ups at any given time, so I can't check or verify this. 
  • helix72
    Dogface said:
    helix72 said:
    Can it be that a boost is auto-selected if there are fewer than 3 team-ups available? 
    I have over 3 team-ups at any given time, so I can't check or verify this. 

Nope, I have at least 15 TUs at all times.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It still auto-select boosts. It seems to happen after I switch characters/teams. I didn't go in depth into this bug because it's trivial for me now. 
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    While they're at it, please add a boost auto rebuy.
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    It seems to happen to me when I use up the last of a particular boost, then I get more of them as a reward later. It seems to remember the last thing you manually selected in a slot & will try to use that but if it can't it falls back to a random team up.
  • grenadier
    grenadier Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Reecoh said:
    It seems to happen to me when I use up the last of a particular boost, then I get more of them as a reward later. It seems to remember the last thing you manually selected in a slot & will try to use that but if it can't it falls back to a random team up.
    This.  I've seen this happen before too.  It remembers that you selected a boost even if you ran out of them, and then auto-populates it again once you have more of that boost.  Only way to fix it is to de-select the boost once you get more, if you even notice the auto-select.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Personally I would like them to change it so that you always have to select a boost before a battle. After the battle that slot is filled with a random TU. The only time I use boosts is for the daily quest so I tend to waste a few when I forget to deselect the boost after the fight.
    I realize that I am probably in the minority though for something like this to be implemented. 8^)
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    The worst is when I forget that I boosted and then it gets wasted on a seed team in Lightning Round.  Just happened to me today.  Sigh......
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    grenadier said:
    Reecoh said:
    This.  I've seen this happen before too.  It remembers that you selected a boost even if you ran out of them, and then auto-populates it again once you have more of that boost.  Only way to fix it is to de-select the boost once you get more, if you even notice the auto-select.
    I'm not certain, but I think manually selecting a teamup (rather than letting it autofill) in that slot will also prevent the re-selection of the boost when you get more.