Colors of magic

Specter
Specter Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
Event sucks. Terrible idea. 

Comments

• Techg
    Techg Posts: 65 Match Maker
    It's not fun and confusing. Will not buy it again.
  • Specter
    edited January 2021
    Ya I want a refund. Absolutely dumbest event ever 
  • Firstofhisname419
    Firstofhisname419 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    After the first couple of matches were a cluster-f, I went back and read the rules closely.  It's different, at least.  It's not the worst thing ever, but definitely won't be for everyone (or for anyone who doesn't study the event rules!).  Though I don't know why they would make another convoluted event instead of doing one of the many things the community has been clamoring for.  A mono-PW event comes to mind. 
  • Firstofhisname419
    An addendum to my last post: I'm not blaming you (or anyone else) for not reading the rules ahead of time; I certainly didn't!  There hasn't been an event before where you really needed to.  Typically all you need to know is the Objectives and what the perma-support does.  It's certainly jarring for an event to have a new mechanic out of the blue. 
  • Specter
    No worries, I understood what you meant. I read the rules, and was somewhat hopeful for a new event, but after playing a few matches, it dont make sense what's happening on the board and in my hand. I gave up objectives and will just try to get my progression up to the crystals I spent, and wont ever play that nonsense again 
  • Firstofhisname419
    Hard to argue with you.  I'm sure some people will have fun abusing the rules (I almost got torched by a Watcher of the Spheres, which gets +1/+1 for each Thopter that shows up on a blue match).  I made a Karn deck with only cards that cost exactly 11 to use for both nodes; that should get me through progression, probably nothing competitive.  
  • whiskeycokes
    whiskeycokes Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Lol currently frozen in the middle of a match with no combo breaker loop stop. Good to see they really ironed out the kinks in this one, good god
  • Specter
    Yup just had the same thing, forced closed the app, they can keep the crystals at this point, I'm done with it 
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've had several instances on the bottom node where a card was reduced in cost once, but then ceased being reduced further on subsequent turns.  The card was at the top of my hand, so would have benefitted from either cascades or matches, yet remained frozen at X-12, where X is the casting cost. 

Coalitionmates have reported the same issue.
  • Specter
    Yes in an exciting plot twist, another bug filled event. Guess that's the theme for 2021, make more bugs in already frustratingly buggy game. Keep up the good work dev's. Your great 
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    madwren said:
    I've had several instances on the bottom node where a card was reduced in cost once, but then ceased being reduced further on subsequent turns.  The card was at the top of my hand, so would have benefitted from either cascades or matches, yet remained frozen at X-12, where X is the casting cost. 

Coalitionmates have reported the same issue.
    I had the same issue on the bottom node. My top card just wouldn't reduced its cost to 0 and then Greg made several blue matches and the cost just went up like crazy.
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    I don't see myself playing this event ever again. It's different and I'm sure some people will like it.
    I personally dislike any event where there is a permasupport. Permasupports are in my opinion the worst idea ever. They shouldn't dictate the peace of the matches you are playing. But at least there are some that don't interfere too much with the game. On this particular event every single thing you do is ruled by that annoying persmasupport.

I understand that they tried something different with Colors of Magic. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose with those bold ideas.
  • LoboX01
    LoboX01 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    critman said:
    The permanent support in the bottom node isn't working right either, is it? I'm getting cards failing to have their costs reduced following a match on many turns. It's hella frustrating, and it's costing me ribbons.

Anyone know how to play around this yet?

Disingenuousness rating of this post: Also low

Costing you ribbons, how exactly?

As far as I can tell, you have 80 points, so you maxed it out  :D  probably i missing something here
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Damn ... This mana drain bug on the bottom node cost me a secundary before i could stop the machine ...  i Hope Customer support has time to spare ...  :open_mouth:
  • Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2021
    @Oktagon_Support please save our time and yours and don’t make us write what’s sure to be an extreme amount of tickets because of the untested bottom node mana bug. Please just provide everyone with top tier rewards and end the event now. I love this game and wish there was more care taken to play test it by someone who loves it as much as the community does. I would understand if was some obscure bug, but you can’t cast cards on the bottom node properly. Please do the right thing and don’t make us waste our time writing tickets.
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    This event seriously could've benefited from some beta testing! Besides the obvious bugs, there's a lot of obvious balance stuff (like the fact that black vs. black on the top node is a ridiculous struggle to just get anything out on the board at all) that could've easily been tweaked with a bit of early feedback.

Also, enough with the entry fees already. A gimmicky, incredibly weird event like this is the #1 example of something that should not have an entry fee.
  • OmniTron
    OmniTron Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    First off, I like the event. That said, the devs should really test AND FIX before launching anything new. Daily quests are out of control (bug wise)even after a trial period, new event with new bugs. 
    It seems to me devs are not motivated, incompetent, or something. Too bad for us Magic lovers...
  • Zethish
    Zethish Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Just putting my hat in the ring. Even without the bugs, this way of playing MTGPQ is an absolute bore, sorry  :)
  • spellsmasher
    spellsmasher Posts: 55 Match Maker
    From the entries in this thread I am glad that I skipped this event. I read the description and said skip to this event. 
  • LoboX01
    LoboX01 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    critman said:
    LoboX01 said:
    critman said:
    The permanent support in the bottom node isn't working right either, is it? I'm getting cards failing to have their costs reduced following a match on many turns. It's hella frustrating, and it's costing me ribbons.

Anyone know how to play around this yet?

Disingenuousness rating of this post: Also low

Costing you ribbons, how exactly?

As far as I can tell, you have 80 points, so you maxed it out  :D  probably i missing something here
    Yeah I got lucky! I posted this while in the middle of a game, trying desperately to cast 10 cards that cost 11 or more mana, turn after turn they'd sit in my hand instead of casting, it was making me very frustrated, I took a break to post about it.... but somehow I managed to slow myself down by building over my own creatures and give myself enough time to get full points.

Disingenuousness rating of this post: Low, but I can see how you might think I was lying, so, let's call this a medium one.

I was not lucky, i did not play enough cards over 11, lost 2 points in my first match in the bottom, but changed my deck after that.