MPQ Champ App character tracker app Hall of Champions is live

Options
winter37
winter37 Posts: 54 Match Maker
I've created an application for the purposes of streamlining tracking major rewards for champed characters, and it is now live at https://mpq-champ-app.vercel.app/ ! I would love feedback on this from other players, and you can see my roadmap for further changes here

EDIT: There was an initial issue with Google account logins that should now be rectified.

Comments

• Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Well.... I cant do anything there beside logging... Nothing else is working.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Cant login. Signed up for new account, got an error page (Invalid request, an initial state could not be found). Verificatin mail came in still, clicked on it, error continues. Clicking on „login“ now always shows that error. Sometimes it tried to redirect to „localhost.com“.

using ios14/safari.
  • winter37
    Options
    Mr_F said:
    Well.... I cant do anything there beside logging... Nothing else is working.
    What do you mean by logging? Does it let you log in? Do you see the seed database get created?
  • winter37
    Options
    supergarv said:
    Cant login. Signed up for new account, got an error page (Invalid request, an initial state could not be found). Verificatin mail came in still, clicked on it, error continues. Clicking on „login“ now always shows that error. Sometimes it tried to redirect to „localhost.com“.

using ios14/safari.
    Thanks for the feedback! Looking at the logs, I'm seeing what the problem is, which is somewhat odd because I didn't run into this issue the last time I deployed a production app with that auth provider. I'll ping you to try again when the issue is resolved.
  • winter37
    Options
    Update 12/17: More intense image optimization is underway that will improve app performance a lot. That, and working on logic to automatically reload the page when a new user populates their character database for the first time!
  • winter37
    Options
    Update 01/09:

- App has been rechristened as MPQ Hall of Champions

-Lots of quality-of-life improvements involving bug and logic fixes, restructuring, image optimization, the aforementioned auto-page reload on instances of new db creation. 

-The option to track shards will be forthcoming: it's just too big a factor (for me, anyway) to leave out.
  • winter37
    Options
    Update: 01/10

-Site is going down temporarily for some backend maintenance: There was an issue with the current db, so current character data will be unfortunately lost. When the site comes back up, shard functionality will be present.
  • winter37
    Options
    Update 01/18:

-Backend changes are complete and the site is now back, with shards and improved rewards data! Over the next week or so, I'll be making more performance improvements and increasing the specificity of rewards reporting.
  • winter37
    Options
    Update 02/10:

- I've added the new 4* feeders/5* feedees to the seed database, and I'll be manually adding them to the databases of existing members before the end of the week!
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 364 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm uploading my character builds to the app. Thank you for making this!

Sorry if this is naive, but will there be a space to put in duplicate character builds?
  • winter37
    Options

Sorry if this is naive, but will there be a space to put in duplicate character builds?
    I'm glad you asked about that, I need to update the FAQS to address this. Adding duplicates is a lot of extra work that doesn't necessarily present a clearer picture of feeding state, so I've opted against it. But, never say never, If I get a LOT of feedback asking for this, I'll strongly consider it.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    Options
    winter37 said:

I'm glad you asked about that, I need to update the FAQS to address this. Adding duplicates is a lot of extra work that doesn't necessarily present a clearer picture of feeding state, so I've opted against it. But, never say never, If I get a LOT of feedback asking for this, I'll strongly consider it.
    Sounds great! Since the main point is to track the upcoming rewards, I'm just putting in my lower duplicates, since my max ones won't produce any more rewards.

Thanks!
  • winter37
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I just pushed changes that curtail power levels the way the game does, as in you can't select an impossible state of 4 or 5 for a specific power if you already have 10 levels in your other two powers, etc. I'm hoping to push changes that will curtail selectable char levels based on power levels, since I've been dragging my tinykitten on that change for most of the year.  :#
  • cooperbigdaddy
    Options
    I'm sorry if this is a naive question, but when I log in, I can only access the edit roster screen. I see nowhere were the rewards or anything else is listed. :(
  • winter37
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I'm sorry if this is a naive question, but when I log in, I can only access the edit roster screen. I see nowhere were the rewards or anything else is listed. :(
    That's strange, you should be able to access the rewards report in the "Report" option from the main page navigation. Does that answer your question? If that doesn't clarify it, let me see a screenshot of what you're experiencing. I've been thinking about adding a quick 'how to' guide to the application on the 'About' page for users who don't find the UI immediately intuitive.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    Options
    winter37 said:
    That's strange, you should be able to access the rewards report in the "Report" option from the main page navigation. Does that answer your question? If that doesn't clarify it, let me see a screenshot of what you're experiencing. I've been thinking about adding a quick 'how to' guide to the application on the 'About' page for users who don't find the UI immediately intuitive.
    Holy cow. I'm so sorry, yep! Working as intended. I never clicked Report because I thought it was a button to report the site for bad conduct or report a problem with the site! Haha
  • winter37
    Options
    winter37 said:
    Holy cow. I'm so sorry, yep! Working as intended. I never clicked Report because I thought it was a button to report the site for bad conduct or report a problem with the site! Haha
    Good to hear, but I had better rename that page since it can be named better.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    Options
    Thank you for the site!
  • winter37
    Options
    Today's update saw a change to the character-level selection elements on the roster editing screen that results in a noticeable speed difference, with that page loading a second or two faster now, Further changes are coming at a later point to further optimize this page, but this was a big step in the right direction that I'm happy with :)
  • bluspiritseeker
    bluspiritseeker Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I like the idea and the potential for it, but I wish I could use this in conjunction with my full roster, but it doesn't seem to include characters that have no present feeder ties (4* and 5*'s that have no one feeding into them and don't feed into anyone else).