***** Darren Cross (Yellowjacket) *****

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    iHulk doesn't really care if YJ is invisible, provided enough green are on the board.
    IHulk SMASH puny YJ !!
    Also Thorkoye.
  • DAZ0273
    Oh and also Apocalypse laughs at YJ also.
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe this needs its own thread or a bug report, but I thought BRB's green would hit an invisible YJ due to it being "hits to random enemies".  But when I fired it, it said there were no valid targets.  Meanwhile, Apoc's black does damage to YJ when invisible using "hits to random enemies".

Any known reasoning for this?
  • DAZ0273
    I could be wrong but does Apocalypse not target the weakest character? So if YJ has least health or is last left, that explains why he can be hit.
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2021
    DAZ0273 said:
    I could be wrong but does Apocalypse not target the weakest character? So if YJ has least health or is last left, that explains why he can be hit.
    Apocalypse's red targets the weakest character.  It cannot hit invisible enemies and will not fire if the last enemy is invisible.  Interestingly, it will fire if there is at least one non-invisible enemy, but gets completely wasted if the weakest enemy is invisible when you fire it as it targets them for each hit and then each hit does no damage.

His black destroys protect tiles and then deals "hits to random enemies", which will hit an invisible enemy if they are the one to be randomly selected, and will also hit them with every hit if they are the least enemy even if they are invisible.

I figured BRB's green would behave similar to Apoc's black, but it did not even let me fire it with the last enemy being an invisible YJ.

• DAZ0273
    No idea then mate but Apoc black definitely wipes out YJ. I have fired BRBs green against invisible enemies before and failed so didn't try that.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:
    After playing his pvp,  apocalypse buffs his black and green.  All about his blue is not buffed. And of course okoye too.
    If his passive cant be buffed his tier goes down a bit.
    Plus he needs to be the one tanking when he goes invisible. 
     AOE is basically a grenade , if you throw a grenade into a room it doesn’t matter where you throw it because everyone in that room will take damage when it explodes 
    Except if you throw yourself covering the grenade, then its said to being able to survive.

The match damage not being boostable on his blue is a pretty big deal actually. That makes him drop quite a bit in my ranking then. Because this meta is all about passives and the way he gains damage is too slow to matter then, sigh.

He's still gonna be fun, but I can't see him being competitive in PVP.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 437 Mover and Shaker
    He's still gonna be fun, but I can't see him being competitive in PVP.
    Yes, he is. I quite like his design, reminds me of Apocalypse (low cost and powers that synergise with each other). Terrible for the AI but potentially game changing in the hands of the player.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    In fact he is a character suited for only gritty,  as apocalypse or okoye wont buff his passive. 
    Apocalypse wont be so crazy to fire black YJ, and okoye cant tank him.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    You’ve GOT to use an AOE or PvAI takes forever. Seriously, 57 straight moves he got a blue, green or black match regardless of how much you deny them . I can’t even calculate the odds of that if the AI wasn’t cheating 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2021
    You’ve GOT to use an AOE or PvAI takes forever. Seriously, 57 straight moves he got a blue, green or black match regardless of how much you deny them . I can’t even calculate the odds of that if the AI wasn’t cheating 
    I used God Doom, prioritised Black (plus Doom also steals Black when YJ makes black matches) and downed him in a minute.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Twas a most annoying PVP. These characters make me wanna punch my screen.
  • Akroma
    Akroma Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Bad said:
    Akroma said:
    hi guys, for a friend who has only onslaugh profx and apocalypse, is this new hero good?

he has 4 green covers on thor, and well, we know thorpocalypse is fast and good in pve, and can work in the start of pvp to climb.
    so he is thinking on using lt to get thor, but that means he will get covers for storm and this one.
    in case he gets lots of covers for yellowjacket, is he good considering his champs?

will blue and green activate apocs buff?
    also, will green double tap on apocs yellow?
    thanks
    Apoc buffs any damage.  He will buff YJ black and green and invisibility passive without a doubt. 
    I think his exclusive invisibility buff will not be buffed though.
    YJ will tank apoc black posibly so its a good deal althought apoc will stand taking hits when YJ goes invisible.
    IMHO I think ghostpool is better than YJ.
    thanks for the answer. aparently apoc buff wont work on his blue :(
    also why is ghost better? for the passive? but its random :(
  • Akroma
    Akroma Posts: 77 Match Maker
    wymtime said:
    Akroma said:
    hi guys, for a friend who has only onslaugh profx and apocalypse, is this new hero good?

he has 4 green covers on thor, and well, we know thorpocalypse is fast and good in pve, and can work in the start of pvp to climb.
    so he is thinking on using lt to get thor, but that means he will get covers for storm and this one.
    in case he gets lots of covers for yellowjacket, is he good considering his champs?

will blue and green activate apocs buff?
    also, will green double tap on apocs yellow?
    thanks
    Blue does not look to go with Apocalypse yellow which is disappointing.  His black damage and green will though.  For your roster I would wait to see what the next 5* is before pulling.  Magneto is not very good and if the next 5* is better you can pull them. I am not sure about Warlock.  
    thanks for your answer. it was more of trying to get thor from the special store, which includes yellow jacket and storm.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Apoc won't work on Okoye's buff too, so there's already a precedent? I think someone can deconstruction the relationship among these buffs.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Theghouse said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Apocalypse's red targets the weakest character.  It cannot hit invisible enemies and will not fire if the last enemy is invisible.  Interestingly, it will fire if there is at least one non-invisible enemy, but gets completely wasted if the weakest enemy is invisible when you fire it as it targets them for each hit and then each hit does no damage.

His black destroys protect tiles and then deals "hits to random enemies", which will hit an invisible enemy if they are the one to be randomly selected, and will also hit them with every hit if they are the least enemy even if they are invisible.

I figured BRB's green would behave similar to Apoc's black, but it did not even let me fire it with the last enemy being an invisible YJ.

One quirck of Apocalypse's red is that you CAN fire it off if the lowest health enemy is invisible or airborne, and it just burns the AP and does nothing, it doesn't move on to the next lowest health enemy like other powers do.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Apoc won't work on Okoye's buff too, so there's already a precedent? I think someone can deconstruction the relationship among these buffs.
    Those two buffs don't stack, you just get whichever one is adding more to the power. So if you get Shared Strength out on the board, it will give you its boost until you have enough Team Up tiles for Okoye's boost to take over, at which point you get Wakanda Forever! instead. They seem to add to the same powers and be excluded from the same powers as well, so if a character works or not with one, the behavior will be the same with the other in my experience.
  • DAZ0273
    I guess wanting Shared Strength + Wakanda Forever is a bit greedy!
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    When do the stores typically go live? I could have sworn it would have happened by now usually.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    When do the stores typically go live? I could have sworn it would have happened by now usually.
    I think it'll go live with the alliance event.