Boost Behaviour is illogical

Options
Crowl
Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
The current behaviour of boosts makes no sense, if you run out of a selected boost it shouldn't reappear when you next pick one up as the player is more than capable of reselecting them if they actually wanted to reuse them and you just end up needlessly wasting one if you don't notice the addition when rushing through the team screen which is the usual state of affairs if you play this game competitively.

Boosts should either run out and not recur until the player next chooses to use them or they should be automatically repurchased so that the player could continue to have the full set of chosen boosts available, but maybe that should be limited to the ones that do not cost hp to refill.

Comments

• rhino_8
    rhino_8 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I also have the same frustration as your first paragraph, and agree with your proposed solution. 

I agree with the sentiments in your second paragraph. It would be good if there was a check box for players to choose a default behaviour, to either automatically replenish (iso8 tokens only, not hp tokens) or not.

I also find it frustrating that the extra damage boosts are lower than the extra ap boosts on the screen, requiring scrolling to see - for me at least, I use the extra damage boosts more than the extra ap boosts.

Even the delay while the game splashes your selection of boosts across the screen at the start of a match is annoying. If that must be retained, why not have all three selections in the one splash screen?
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Another alternative solution, make the buy more boosts popup work like the buy more healthpacks popup by having more than one option. Instead of just offering 5x more boosts, also offer a 50x or 100x option so people could more quickly buy what they needed and not have to keep going back to it as often.

After all, it is not like there's anything else useful for those who are post-iso to spend it on anyway.
  • Edgeman
    Edgeman Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Good to know that I'm not the only one who gets frustrated with the constant re-buying of boosts. Those suggestions in the above posts are good -- any kind of changes to minimize the process of boost re-buying would be greatly appreciated.